Bandai hi-metal VF-1

Shaggydog

I don't know, at 1/100 scale it's going to be quite a bit smaller than the VF-19Kai they're making. I'm hoping we see a price no higher than 5500. The competition, number of variants, and the potential for website exclusives should help keep the standard editions prices down.

I don't know, at 1/100 scale it's going to be quite a bit smaller than the VF-19Kai they're making. I'm hoping we see a price no higher than 5500. The competition, number of variants, and the potential for website exclusives should help keep the standard editions prices down.

I check the specification of VF-19 Kai, it's 15.48M in height, at 1/100 scale will make it stands about 15.48cm in toy form.

The VF-1 is gonna be 14cm in toy form, I could be wrong but both toys might look quite close in height with 2 cm difference so I think the price range will be close. :unsure:

I think you guys are confusing a good looking VF-1 for something that has to be Yamato influenced. Look at where the head is in battroid mode, the wings and nosecone, the backpack, there is plenty there differentiating it from Yamato's efforts but seeing as it is a toy of the exact same vehicle I'm sure we'll find tons of stuff in common.

I think Takatoku, Bandai, Arii, Yamato, Hasgawa, Kaiyodo, Toynami, Joons, Doyusha, Banpresto, and WAVE are all ripping off Kawamori. Have you seen those toys they make? They all look like they were ripped off from various Macross shows! I'm surprised they haven't been sued.

I think Takatoku, Bandai, Arii, Yamato, Hasgawa, Kaiyodo, Toynami, Joons, Doyusha, Banpresto, and WAVE are all ripping off Kawamori. Have you seen those toys they make? They all look like they were ripped off from various Macross shows! I'm surprised they haven't been sued.

I'm not quite following here.

I'm fine with 1/100 as long as it's relatively cheap, they stay consistent on the scale, and we see enemy mecha, as well. Regult, Glaug, Q-rau, and Nos-Ger at the very least. Destroids, Gnerl, and some articulated Zentraedi figs would be cool, too. A britai to wreck Hikaru, at the very least. :D

The VF-19 is PT with the possible exception of the hands, it looks like the VF-1 is following suit.

EDIT - Wait, do you own a V1 1/60? Those things are absolute rubbish. This thing already looks like a huge improvement at an even smaller scale.

Edited by jenius

Well, 'sophisticated' may have been the wrong word for the V.1, but no, I don't own one (I'm not a big fan of part-swapping, let alone one where you need a screwdriver from what I understand :lol: ).

If the hi-metal VF-1 is a PT then I'm all over that! Although it seems like at times the VF-1 is trying to compete with Spider-Man and Batman for the highest number of figures for a single character, I feel this could have real potential (to clear out my bank account! Zing!).

My only reservation would be the same as the new PT Revoltechs - I would like there to be missile and 'Pack accessories.

Say what you will about Toynami, but at least they developed FAST and STRIKE Packs for their 1/100 line.

I dunno. Until we get some close up colored pictures I'll reserve judgement. For now, it seems we can't know because I refuse to believe that that's the final mold - so little detail on the fighter mode and not really much to see given the uncolored Battroid... Dunno.

I will likely skip these and stick with Yamato.

Pete

I'm sure Bandai will sell thousands of these no matter what fans say, I read the same thing when Yamato went from 1/60 to 1/48 back to 1/60. I've learned to never underestimate just how much punishment fans will take for their love of a series.

I'm sure Bandai will sell thousands of these no matter what fans say, I read the same thing when Yamato went from 1/60 to 1/48 back to 1/60. I've learned to never underestimate just how much punishment fans will take for their love of a series.

Both Bandai and Yamato is different animal.

When Yamato went from 1/48 to 1/60 V2, it's a different stories because the V2 is way much better on everything and the only thing that 1/48 beats the 1/60 is size. Needless to say, the V2 1/60 virtually almost hase done the whole line as seen in TV and dyrl with the exception of couple off animation schemes that 1/48 had.

Putting the sculpt aside, Bandai, on the other hand, has fewer details and gimmicks comparing with Yamato 1/60, and it's smaller in 1/100 scale. Considering that I already have the complete line of V2, this is an easy pass for me.

Not that Bandai will sell this 1/100 scale cheap, it's gonna be easily 6000~7000 yen.

It would be awesome if it turns out to be 1/72 scale.

As I stated in the thread member lechuck started, I'd also like this one to be in 1/72 scale -- a nice size and 1/72 scale Hasegawa decals and stuff to maybe make fit. Displaying with 1/72 scale ground crews and vehicles is another plus. ^_^

For example:

Has_ModelGraphic_Option_2_Back.jpg

Has_VF1SBatMG_Decals.jpg

Edited by Wicked Ace

As I stated in the thread member lechuck started, I'd also like this one to be in 1/72 scale -- a nice size and 1/72 scale Hasegawa decals and stuff to maybe make fit. Displaying with 1/72 scale ground crews and vehicles is another plus. ^_^

1/72 would certainly be the perfect scale size. Not only in terms of decals and accessories but also in terms of display with other aircraft models. Despite my newbie modeling skills, I'm building a Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1 just so I can put a Valkyrie next to an in-the-same-scale F-14.

But that said, 1/100 scale isn't THAT BAD. For those of us who are scale conscious (like me), 1/100 fits in better with Gundams and other anime/sci-fi related models (Yukikaze, SB Yamato, SRW, etc.). And 1/100 isn't exactly miniscule.

As for the price, it's likely to be around 6 to 7 thousand yen. Certainly not cheap but still perhaps a decent option when considering one's own budget and priorities.

I don't understand why some folks here are already bashing this line (and others like the Revoltech). I thought most of us would be happy to see/have options in what Macross toys we can get. :unsure:

I can accept the 6000 to 7000 Yen price and lack of landing gear for the VF-19Kai, as it's the only game in town really, if you want a nice looking, propotionate Fire Valkyrie toy.

However, at the price-point a Bandai Hi-Metal VF-1 better have proper folding landing gear and a perfect transformation heatshield, or I ain't biting, not when the market is already flooded with so many other great VF-1 toys.

I do feel making the VF-1 so soon in the Hi-Metal line is a mistake by Bandai perhaps releasing other previously unreleased VFs first such as the VF-4, VF-2SS, VF-171 etc may have been a wiser move.

Graham

But that said, 1/100 scale isn't THAT BAD. For those of us who are scale conscious (like me), 1/100 fits in better with Gundams and other anime/sci-fi related models (Yukikaze, SB Yamato, SRW, etc.). And 1/100 isn't exactly miniscule.

As for the price, it's likely to be around 6 to 7 thousand yen. Certainly not cheap but still perhaps a decent option when considering one's own budget and priorities.

Agreed, I too care a lot for model size as my display area my wife given to me is quite limited... Living in a studio apartment doesn't help either. If 1/100 is small, I'm limited to 1/144 scale of things, so everything must be small enough without overcrowding my limited space. Purchasing the gigantic 1/144 Dygenguar took quite a space premium on my display area... And I have to let go some of my collection if I want to keep the beast.

My VF100 VF25 Alto custom still is decent regarding details as panel lines and colors are as close to the anime counterpart. What Bandai needs to improve is just its transformation, and VF100 should "fly" off the shelf quite nicely. At least Bandai is dead serious about the transformation part...

And one more thing... At 6000-7000 Yen, this line is quite affordable, and that's the bottom line. Collecting Macross goods is always a childhood dream of mine but financial difficulties and off course priorities always has been my biggest hurdles. Now with Bandai's offering, I can just do that.

I do feel making the VF-1 so soon in the Hi-Metal line is a mistake by Bandai perhaps releasing other previously unreleased VFs first such as the VF-4, VF-2SS, VF-171 etc may have been a wiser move.

Graham

Not that I agree with this strategy, but time and again, toy companies have shown that they prefer to start a new line with the most popular character/mecha, disregarding whether the market has already been flooded with similar products. As such, it's only normal that Bandai decided to release the VF-1 so soon. In fact, I would have expected them to debut the Hi-Metal line with the VF-1, so I guess relatively speaking, they already waited long enough.

Sometimes I wonder what in the world their corporate strategy team is thinking or if they even have one.