<Manufacturer> 1/?? <Line> VF-1J

lechuck

Wonder how many metal parts have these Hi-Metal figures, I dont really like the light plastic used by Yamato, love the appearance of the 1/60 series but not so much the plastic.

It never says it is hi-metal figures, neither does yamato. And in fact, yamato did a good job and right move with their new 1/60 line by using all plastics to ensure pefect aligned fitment and color matching with the exception of some metals in certain critical area as reinfocement. Their first 1/60 was horrible with the combination of metal parts in legs.

You should stay with 1/55 to get the chunky weight lift hand feel... ^_^

It never says it is hi-metal figures, neither does yamato. And in fact, yamato did a good job and right move with their new 1/60 line by using all plastics to ensure pefect aligned fitment and color matching with the exception of some metals in certain critical area as reinfocement. Their first 1/60 was horrible with the combination of metal parts in legs.

You should stay with 1/55 to get the chunky weight lift hand feel... ^_^

IXTL said it.

Beside it is not really a "right move" to get a crack shoulder because a light plastic :huh: I prefer metal parts, of course they have problems too.

I love the old school 1/55... ^_^

Edited by DarkEyes

Ahh, high metal series. But it seems that the hip joint is a molded as a u-shape.

It at leasts gives me a hint that bandai now is also providing very professional vf-1 design.

Hope next move is vf-4 with the same or even better level.

(Till now I am still thing yamato's 1/48 design is a REAL legend. Only one metal bar, used in the right place. Achieve Min cost + MAX strength).

Full size image:

post-467-1258814503_thumb.jpg

A toy for sure, given the screw holes. And given the large size of screw holes, and ハイメタル translate into "high-metal", yet it's Bandai VF HI-METAL.

Looks quite good acutally.

Bandai.

They finally care about doing the vf-1 after holding the licensce for almost 30 years of doing nothing? I am not impressed with the scuplt and craftmanshiop they have in this prototype, come on it's Bandai.

I assume it's in 1/100 scale if this is from bandai hi-metal line.

That looks like a way early prototype.. it's even missing a fin. I'm surprised they put it out there already. The big downside right now that I can see is that it doesn't have an integrated heatshield but if it's a 1/100 I hope they give us the ability to swap.

I'm going to duck to avoid flying tomatoes hurled by scale-loyal members, but this thing would be cool in 1/72 scale. I think the size would be nice, and there's all those nice Hasagawa model kit accessories and decal kits, not to mention scale ground crews and vehicles to enhance display. :o

Think it looks pretty good, head placement in battroid is in the right place and the tailfins/backpack is raised up to how it's shown in the line art as well.

Easy pass for me though... I just don't need another vf-1.

The raised tail fins is a result of lacking double joints hinge where the backpack was jointed with the back plate. Yamato actually thought about that to make it proportionate to lineart so to speak by having double joints so it sits flushed with the back.

Think it looks pretty good, head placement in battroid is in the right place and the tailfins/backpack is raised up to how it's shown in the line art as well.

I was looking at that and I'm not sure if the head really has the sunken placement.

Either Bandai "cheats" by not making the chest plate move down or somebody didn't quite assemble/transform the prototype correctly.

Personally I'm going with the latter, because there are certain signs pointing to this.

- the clear plastic piece looks to have a slight indentation at the top end, which the chestplate could slide over

- the top edge alignment between chestplate and main backplate is wrong, also making the shoulders look like they are hanging low

Some other observations:

- VF-1 will have landing gears, be it integral or part swap

- hands will have to be added/removed between transformations

- elbows look like they are double jointed

- modern version of side-bars instead of t-bar

- legs look like they have two swivel joints, above the knees and directly below the intakes

- nosecone also seems to have a swivel joint

- canopy/heatshield will have to be swapped

- thruster pack behind backplate sits higher compared to Yamatos

My verdict so far: Can match Yamato's sculpt accuracy, but looks to be better in the articulation department

- legs look like they have two swivel joints, above the knees and directly below the intake

I think you're jumping to some conclusions without enough visual evidence. For example, this swivel joint wouldn't work at all because of the pieces on either side of the hip. I think what you're seeing is just a seam on the prototype.

I think you're jumping to some conclusions without enough visual evidence. For example, this swivel joint wouldn't work at all because of the pieces on either side of the hip. I think what you're seeing is just a seam on the prototype.

Agreed, the visible and uneven seam line is really one big drawback, and there is no way to have swivel point at hip.

The elbow is not double joints.

Too early to make any assumptions at this stage, we shall wait and see how the painted prototype turns out.

I like it, except for the hands. On a proto, you can't really judge the seams. That's why it's a proto. God I hope it's a 1/60, I'd be all over it. That would be cool because it would be in direct competition with Yamato, and prices would drop.

I just hope the Hi-Metal line doesn't die before this comes out.

Same here.

This is way to early to tell if this is nice or not, but from what I can tell the parts are falling into place just as they should be.

It also looks as though the chest is not completely locked down into place on battroid mode. Thus making the shoulders to appear to low. Other than that I can't wait to see the end result.

I'm going to duck to avoid flying tomatoes hurled by scale-loyal members, but this thing would be cool in 1/72 scale. I think the size would be nice, and there's all those nice Hasagawa model kit accessories and decal kits, not to mention scale ground crews and vehicles to enhance display. :o

No tomatoes here Wicked Ace, 1/72 is a great scale to work with!!!!

Actually looks pretty good, but as I'm extremely happy with my Yamato 1/60 V2, this is an easy pass. At most I might get one VF-1S, when/if they release it. If Bandai had chosen to release a VF-17D/S, VF-171, VF-19F/S or VF-2SS with SAP, I would be all over that and buy multiples. Graham

I honestly don't see any reason why more of these need to be made. Yamato's flooding the market as is, and for a plane that size, 1/100 is tiny (assuming it IS 1/100, like the VF-19, and part of the same line). And I could care less about metal, it just means scratched paint.

If this winds up being in the same price range as the VF-19 (if it's not significantly cheaper, Bandai's shooting themselves in the foot), I'll gladly put up the extra few bucks to get something almost twice as big.<_<

Edited by Chronocidal

i'm drunk as hell and for whatever reason i came on here to see this.

yamato finally has some competition and when theres competition, the prices come down, woohoo!

i think i might be able to get back into this hobby after all and finally, i'll have a choice for a change.

i like my yammies but quite honestly, i just put up with their toys because they were the only game in town.

well the game is over my friends, theres a new sheriff in town, and his name is bandai!