<Manufacturer> 1/?? <Line> VF-1J

lechuck

The HI-Metal line to me seems like a step backward.

They've finally gotten to the point where they can produce superior quality valks in plastic and they step back in time to the 90's... <_<

I'll probably pass on that one too... :angry:

Screw holes the scaled size of truck tires, just so the fuzzy thing can transform, is not my idea of a valk worth 7000 - 8000 yen!! :rolleyes:

With that kind of money I could buy two 1/72 kits and slap itashi decals on them!

Edited by Zinjo

Please, it is Bandai, owner of the Chogokin line, Masters of Metal. The lack of metal in Macross Frontier valkyries was pretty disappointing, now these Hi-Metal figures are something more Bandais style.

As a fan of Soul of Chogoking, Im pretty glad with this new idea, but too bad about the scale. :ph34r:

By the way, when I see statements like "superior quality valkyries in plastic", I cant avoid to think in crack shoulders and other issues of Yamato because of his light plastic, but of course metal has problems too, fans are never happy! :lol:

Please, it is Bandai, owner of the Chogokin line, Masters of Metal. The lack of metal in Macross Frontier valkyries was pretty disappointing, now these Hi-Metal figures are something more Bandais style.

As a fan of Soul of Chogoking, Im pretty glad with this new idea, but too bad about the scale. :ph34r:

By the way, when I see statements like "superior quality valkyries in plastic", I cant avoid to think in crack shoulders and other issues of Yamato because of his light plastic, but of course metal has problems too, fans are never happy! :lol:

There is nothing wrong with plastic. Just because a toy has less metal part, it doesn't mean it's a bad toy. I bet you barely handle with injection plastic kit.

Yamato valkrie is more like an assembled plastic kit with lots of details like a plastic kit has. It's not a typical toy. They can have metal hinge on the shoulder, what you get in return is paint chipping. When I think about diecast metal, I can't avoid to think paint chipping off, discoloration, uneven seam. These 3 factors can easily translate to plastic as an solution.

Or

They can care less about articulation and design, to put in more traditional metal part, then you will have discoloration and chipped off paint.

There is no ultimate rules of thumb to judge a toy is a good toy when it has more diecast metal, it's a matter of balance between design and durability.

There is nothing wrong with plastic. Just because a toy has less metal part, it doesn't mean it's a bad toy. I bet you barely handle with injection plastic kit.

Yamato valkrie is more like an assembled plastic kit with lots of details like a plastic kit has. It's not a typical toy. They can have metal hinge on the shoulder, what you get in return is paint chipping. When I think about diecast metal, I can't avoid to think paint chipping off, discoloration, uneven seam. These 3 factors can easily translate to plastic as an solution.

You...have never handled a SoC figure, or other Bandai chogokin figure from the last decade, have you? Because those certainly aren't toys with diecast parts like the chunky monkey...they have diecast, but are pretty model-like in most of their other qualities.

Of course, this usually does not include design and quality control problems like Yamato's products tend to have... :rolleyes:

Hopefully some real facts about this toy will surface soon.

Not that the crazy speculations here aren't entertaining. :lol:

Are we following the same thread?

The majority of post have been nothing but the following

- hate on the supposed size/scale

- hate on the materials mix-up (metal/plastic) used

- hate on the price, which hasn't been confirmed

- hate that it is a VF-1 again

That doesn't really equate to speculation to me.

Are we following the same thread?

The majority of post have been nothing but the following

- hate on the supposed size/scale

- hate on the materials mix-up (metal/plastic) used

- hate on the price, which hasn't been confirmed

- hate that it is a VF-1 again

That doesn't really equate to speculation to me.

So you're saying that these things which aren't confirmed one way or another isn't speculation? O...K...

Edited by eriku

You...have never handled a SoC figure, or other Bandai chogokin figure from the last decade, have you? Because those certainly aren't toys with diecast parts like the chunky monkey...they have diecast, but are pretty model-like in most of their other qualities.

Of course, this usually does not include design and quality control problems like Yamato's products tend to have... :rolleyes:

I bought the chogokin Mazinger back in 2000, it's definitely a nice toy with all the details and diecast part they put on the legs. The weigth justifies the value with its design. However, all these figures barely have transformation gimmick like the macross valkyries.

Another fact is did Bandai ever gives a damn about Macross all these years? Holding the restroom for almost 30 years but did not come out with a poo about macross. Not even PG get treated on Macross valkyries, I am disappointed with Bandai on macross line.

Metal in toys is fantastic when it's used properly. Oh if only Yamato had considered a little bit of metal in the shoulders of their toys... so many $$$s would have been saved (and the sales of their VF-0 line would have undoubtedly been higher).

Agreed, yamato could have done better on the shoulders, but I do take credit for what they have done for Macross fans on valkyries toys, but fart off on exclusive and the $2000 SDF-1.

I bought the chogokin Mazinger back in 2000, it's definitely a nice toy with all the details and diecast part they put on the legs. The weigth justifies the value with its design. However, all these figures barely have transformation gimmick like the macross valkyries.

Another fact is did Bandai ever gives a damn about Macross all these years? Holding the restroom for almost 30 years but did not come out with a poo about macross. Not even PG get treated on Macross valkyries, I am disappointed with Bandai on macross line.

Agreed, yamato could have done better on the shoulders, but I do take credit for what they have done for Macross fans on valkyries toys, but fart off on exclusive and the $2000 SDF-1.

Actually there are many SOC toys that have transformations, some of them no less complicated than a valkryie.

It's also not true that Bandai didn't do anything with Macross for 30 years. They made Macross 7 toys, model kits, and lots of 1/55 reissues. It may not be exactly what current fans wish they did, but they certainly didn't just sit on the license and not do anything with it.

But regardless, it would be nice to keep this thread from devolving into yet another Bandai VS Yamato debate because there really isn't any good reason to pick sides. More toys by more manufacturers is good for everyone, no bmatter which company you prefer. And if you're someone who likes both companies (believe it or not we do exist) , all the better.

no no, lets keep talking about toys that came out half a decade ago, come on, somebody whine about tab B!

I suppose you're right. We might as well stay entertained while we're waiting for actual facts to come about about this new VF-1.

Or

They can care less about articulation and design, to put in more traditional metal part, then you will have discoloration and chipped off paint.

There is no ultimate rules of thumb to judge a toy is a good toy when it has more diecast metal, it's a matter of balance between design and durability.

?

Or

?

What a poor ability of understanding... :lol:

hehe