1/72nd scale monster V2.0....any interest????

mslz22

I'm done as of today, leaving for WF tomorrow. Going to take a little break for a few days after and break out the monster and start playing around with it. I hope people are still interested, pending it coming out good...

I was going to try to make it out there, but unable to pull it together in the end. I ope you'll post a few more pics of the AT-AT?

Hello,

I was at Wonderfest with TundraYeti and met Valkyrie at the Godzilla table in the dealers room.

I'm still interested in the Monster...

Are you guys talking about this at-at:

post-1862-127421321701_thumb.jpg

"Some Like It Hoth" by my friend and fellow CoMMiES Matt.

Well done to all.

Ter's Valks looked beautiful.

That AT AT is funny, when i glanced quickly i first thought it was the AT AT from Family Guy holding it's knee in pain....then i realized what it really was...

Here's a few pics of my large AT AT, both before WF and at WF...the figure is a 3 3/4 inch luke and the speeder is old MPC...

010-2.jpg

012-1.jpg

IMG_6411_1024.jpg

IMG_6250_1024.jpg

Quick update, progress is being made, I made a last minute change to the back plate of the body so that i can open up those back missile bays. They may still need to be built open or closed unless i can figure out a good hinge system, but i wanted to at least have the option of them being open. That and the continued effort to lighten up the body has left the body currently in an "ugly" state so i will hold off pics until i clean it up a bit.

I have also lengthened the forward part of the arm cannon about 1/4 inch and i think it will make it look "tougher". If i remember correctly the line art seems to show a shorter version of the arm cannon and a slightly longer one, or maybe people just preferred the look of a longer cannon, i just remember getting requests for a longer cannon....

thanks

mike

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait to see pics.Very interested in getting one this time round (missed the first version :( )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, this summer was a blur...the new addition to the house has made hobby time very scarce, I don't even get on line as much as i used to. I do still want this to happen, I have been stalled all summer, part of it is taking whatever side work i can to make ends meet, so right now I still would like to finish the rework, but it may not happen too soon. I also want to check on what wave is doing, i just now see that they are doing the defender in 1/72, if they switch the mnstr from 1/100 to 1/72, then i won't be doing this..

Sorry to sound frustrated, I don't want this to be vaporware but until i can catch by breath a bit, this will only get a few minutes here and there of attention...

mike

Hi people.

Lots of tumbleweeds here . . .

At the risk of sounding like my kids . . ."Are we there yet?"

Graham. :unsure:

Hi Mike,

Yes, I know the feeling well: life gets in the way of modelling . . .BIG TIME!!! :( I'm out of touch with the forums I subscribe to as my computer has had two, yes TWO nervous breakdowns since Easter and I didn't want to miss the boat again (don't ask)! <_<

I really don't mind waiting: I've had an order with Captain Cardboard for eight (thats EIGHT!) years and still haven't lost faith. There's enough stress without priority-challenged idiots like me pushing: home and family first, always.

Best wishes,

Graham, Liverpool.

Likewise, I'll keep an eye peeled to this thread because I highly doubt anyone else will come to market with a 1/72 Monster, but take care of your priorities first, after all this is supposed to be a hobby and fun.

I hope things settle down and you get some fun time in the ear future!

• 1 year later...

Wow...almost 2 years already! I like many modelers get sidetracked way to easily. This is one of those things that is always somewhere in the back of my head bouncing around. The issue that i have run into lately with it when i examine what i have here is that it really would almost be easier to just start over, sometimes tweaking something just creates more and more issues. I am leaps and bounds better at scratchbuilding than when i did the V1 so starting over is no where as intimidating a proposition as it was back then.

One of the advantages is that i am trying to get a rotocast machine here.....that would be a game changer in regard to this thing, lots to think about i guess...

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone read the description? Not sure but to me it looks a little like a modified version of that WF kit from years and years ago. It's got some similarities but the arms are way different, the arms on the WF one, according to one of the guys here, looked like "someone dipped a wrench into a gumdrop"

I am due to get delivery of the rotocast machine tomorrow, provided it gets here without a hitch I will try to spend some real time thinking about this. I did some tinkering over the weekend with the body and I was pretty happy with the results, still bit to go but laid some groundwork for sure. I have too many projects going right now, I kind of need to find some focus!

thanks

mike

• 4 months later...