Will the helmet come with this?

CF18

Hi guys :D

Black Ace has the answer... According to him this helmet made by Yamato will only be available for Japanese buyers through e-mail orders

what would something like that be for?

i'm being serious, is the main market for people who want to dress up? or is it intended for display? is there a big market in japan for life sized stuf like this?

Hey when did they put the shoulder pad and chest thingy with it? Last time it was just a helmet. Is there a backpack that goes along with it? Not that I'm gonna buy it or anything.

IIRC the helmet was estimade at $1000 US or so.

Posted: Aug 24 2003, 10:56 PM 

Guys... look up just right of the 1/48s...

....is that a YF-19 I see? Hmmm????

....and is that a 1/48 VF-1S with FPs?

This post has been edited by GreenGuy42 on Aug 24 2003, 10:57 PM 

The YF-19 maybe that of the 1/72 Hasegawa range, but if you look closely at whos beside the 1/48 VF-1J, its the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru!!! I wouldn't mind closeups of the babe, as im gonna to purchase 2 sets of the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru. And adding to that 2 sets of Fps, to equip my VF-1A Max and VF-1S Hikaru.

Back to the topic, the helmet looks beautiful and awesome but too rich for my blood, as i work out before its roughly around the price of USD$1500. I would get it if i win the big sweep. :lol::D, only in my dreams. Meanwhile i would just focus my attention of the 1/72 and 1/48 scale.

Cheers

Hey when did they put the shoulder pad and chest thingy with it? Last time it was just a helmet. Is there a backpack that goes along with it? Not that I'm gonna buy it or anything.

It was about $1300+, wasn't it? And if it did come with the shoulder pads the price would make more sense. Ditto on not getting it though.

Posted on Aug 24 2003, 11:16 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (Yohsho @ Aug 24 2003, 08:57 AM)

It was about $1300+, wasn't it? And if it did come with the shoulder pads the price would make more sense. Ditto on not getting it though.

Sorry me bad, lapse in memory there, must be getting old. The helmet is estimated around $1300.

Cheers

I wanna buy the helmet!!!!! Does anyone know how those of us who would want to buy it might be able to help us out here. Anyone with friends in Japan? Anyone? What is the email address to which you would have to send for an order?

Phatslappy.....if you buy it...I nominate you for KING FOR A DAY! :o:D

I wanna buy the helmet!!!!! Does anyone know how those of us who would want to buy it might be able to help us out here. Anyone with friends in Japan? Anyone? What is the email address to which you would have to send for an order?

Phatslappy.....if you buy it...I nominate you for KING FOR A DAY! :o:D

Is that all it takes? I will buy it if I can figure out some way to get it!

It does look better with the torso piece, but still not work $1300.00. However, a full uniform, and I do mean full, custom fitted might be worth $1300.00, though I would still be hard pressed to put out that kind of money. I mean when would you ever wear it, unless you were making a movie.

Like I said to someone some time ago.... this is custom fit... for a japanese midget sized head. You gaijins don't have hope on getting it to fit your heads.... not even if you butter it up. <_<

Maybe Phatslappy isn't getting it for himself! Maybe its for a little "bedroom fun" :o:o

Later that evening

Phatslappy: "Now, you have to pretend your name is Minmei. I put the orange sheets on the bed, and we will call that the Super Ostrich...."

:p:D:p:rolleyes::lol:;)

Edited by Myersjessee

Like I said to someone some time ago.... this is custom fit... for a japanese midget sized head. You gaijins don't have hope on getting it to fit your heads.... not even if you butter it up. <_<

Maybe Phatslappy isn't getting it for himself! Maybe its for a little "bedroom fun" :o:o

Later that evening

Phatslappy - Now, you have to pretend your name is Minmei. I put the orange sheets on the bed, and we will call that the Super Ostrich....

ROFLMAO!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

....is that a YF-19 I see? Hmmm????

Where do you see the YF-19? It's been three years. I really miss it. :rolleyes:

GreenGuy42 will have to let me know to b/c I don't see any sort of YF-19FP in that picture (Yamato's anyways). The partial flightsuit and helmet look absolutely great though....it's too bad they didn't get a Hikaru look alike to cosplay it. That'd pretty damn cool IMHO. :lol:

I see the YF-19 now, where were these pics taken, it's possible that is might just be the hasagawa booth and they are next to the Yamato booth, though doubtful. If it is the new Yamato YF-19 and this was a public forum then, hey Graham the monkeys out of the box spill, spill, spill.

Later that evening

Phatslappy: "Now, you have to pretend your name is Minmei. I put the orange sheets on the bed, and we will call that the Super Ostrich...."

now that is really bad....ROTFL!

what would something like that be for?

i'm being serious, is the main market for people who want to dress up? or is it intended for display? is there a big market in japan for life sized stuf like this?

Macross is not alone in this too. ;)

Other companies do this too:

http://lalabitmarket.channel.or.jp/goods.html?id=04028

http://lalabitmarket.channel.or.jp/goods.html?id=50237

http://lalabitmarket.channel.or.jp/goods.html?id=50227

http://lalabitmarket.channel.or.jp/goods.html?id=50233

I also remember companies making some replica props as well. Some examples were the musical pocket watch from Noir, the guns of the Noir asassins, the Cosmo Dragoon, etc.

I sometimes spot inserts from Animage magazine containing locales where to get cosplay supplies and to make custom-made stuff too.

I also remembered spotting cosplay props and outfits before, but I forgot what the site was. <_<