Official Yamato 1/60 Scale VE-1 Elint Seeker Thread

KiriK

Was on the fence about getting another VE-1 (have the first version), but after seeing the pics here, it just pushed me over the edge.

Damn I hate this place!! <_<

Just received my v2 VE-1, wow what a difference from the v1! It's also much lighter (in colour and weight), which isn't a bad thing. Might pick up more v2's later on, even if it'll duplicate my collection. :rolleyes:

Finally found some time to take my Elint seeker out of its' box.

I had the old version 1.0 of this thing not too long ago. It was my one and only version 1.0 1/60 from Yamato. In fact - it was my FIRST Yamato toy EVER.

I was impressed with it back then (this was before the 1/48) - although I did find it to be really spindly and floppy in all modes - but certainly a beautiful beautiful piece of work.

I so love this version 2.0 - it's amazing. Seriously. The grace with which the super parts attach, and the dome...man - that is just beautiful.

And there are soooooooooooooo many tampoo printings - little ones - all over the place. They really went the whole nine yards.

Very very happy with this guy!

2eekglx.jpg

Pete

(deliberating whether to put the cats eye stickers on the super packs...)

My favorite VF by far... I might pick up the Super Ostrich next.. mmmmm...

I was going to pick up the VT-1 next, but now that there is a chance that it may have a defective shoulder (knurled pin), I will probably get the VE-1 instead

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Got it today, love it except for one thing. Stupid newbie question: are the shoulders supposed to be loose/floating (as in "not tabbed") like that? If so, that's kinda lame...

The shoulders are pretty much free moving to enable to fuller range of motions, not a flaw per se, though I can understand how people might perceive it to be.

• 8 years later...