"The False Diva" Guide Book Roman Album

sketchley

When I went in to the local bookstore to pick-up the latest Newtype, I was pleasantly surprised at the Macross content: the covers of Newtype, Animedia and Animage all feature MF! On top of that, there was a shiny new MF book sitting on the shelf.

"Theatrical Macross F: The False Diva"

Roman Album

On sale from: 2009/11/10

ISBN: 978- 4-19-720286-7

Size: A4

Cost: 900円(tax included)

Sources:

http://www.tokuma.jp/magazine/mook/5287583...e1-30a430c330af

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%8A%87%E5%A0%B4...4/dp/4197202865

Content:

2 pages introduction (series and movie content)

4 pages movie content

4 pages Kawamori san interview

4 pages movie character art (coloured lineart)

10 pages colour illustrations for both the TV series and movie (previously published in Animage)

13 pages TV series episode guide

1 page scenes/concepts linking MF to previous Macross series

7 pages TV series character art

2 pages TV series mecha art

5 pages History of Macross (including Macross II*! Described as a "parallel world")

4 pages "Galaxy Divas" (female singers of Macross)

3.5 pages Variable fighters

0.5 pages History of Macross Battleships (to clarify: that's ships that have been called Macross)

2 pages frontier keywords

1 page table of contents and credits

Observations:

*Newtype pretty much sums it up "the Macross Quarter, Vajra and so on designs have been refined!" (Newtype implores us to note the VF-25 with typhoon packs battling in GERWALK mode, but that's another topic altogether).

*Looks like Aruto is grabbing Sheryl from the sky in the VF-25, not Ranka.

*The city has been expanded upon significantly (night skyline, reminisciant of GitS: SAC)

*Both Galaxy Fleet ships are shown, folding in a fleet - presumably to attack the Vajra?

The big, nasty purple coloured vessel is shown in entirety. The caption next to it implies Vajra, and given the vehicles around it, I believe it is a new Vajra ship. Possibly replacing the Semi-Queen ship from the series (which was kinda butt-ugly and didn't quite fit the Vajra motif). I think the smaller Vajra motherships have also been replaced by a sleeker yellowish craft (or the big purple one is the replacement, and the yellow ones are a new Vajra stage.)

*VB-6 shown landing in gerwalk mode on a grey coloured ship. Light blue sparks and a caption mentioning an increase in the quality of the animation for the battle scenes and live concernt scenes.

*I don't want to seem like I'm focusing on it, thus this note: Macross II has not been forgotten by the publishers. I was quite surprised to see it mentioned in the history section. But it also showed up in the Galaxy Divas and Variable fighters sections, too.

When I went in to the local bookstore to pick-up the latest Newtype, I was pleasantly surprised at the Macross content: the covers of Newtype, Animedia and Animage all feature MF! On top of that, there was a shiny new MF book sitting on the shelf.

"Theatrical Macross F: The False Diva"

Roman Album

On sale from: 2009/11/10

ISBN: 978- 4-19-720286-7

Size: A4

Cost: 900円(tax included)

Sources:

http://www.tokuma.jp/magazine/mook/5287583...e1-30a430c330af

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%8A%87%E5%A0%B4...4/dp/4197202865

o.

Look pretty interesting. Thanks for the heads up!

Observations:

*Newtype pretty much sums it up "the Macross Quarter, Vajra and so on designs have been refined!" (Newtype implores us to note the VF-25 with typhoon packs battling in GERWALK mode, but that's another topic altogether).

Hang on, thought they were called Tornado Packs, not Typhoon Packs.

Graham

I demand scans or it doesn't exist!!!

Well you know the rules around here. You may get a couple of bits, but since this is a non-magazine publication most won't post scans until its out of print.... ;)

However, I noticed a "Ranka" book in the Amazon Japan link. Is that the Ranka visual collection?

Hang on, thought they were called Tornado Packs, not Typhoon Packs.

Graham

Tornado. My bad.

It's Typhoon - Hurricane - Cyclone which are synonymous with each other - and bloody confusing! (And don't get me started on the English habit of naming typhoons...)

And for those asking about scans -> go and buy yourself a copy. In short - it supports Macross. You can't go wrong their.

PS next person who asks for scans will be labeled a non-fan.