Kick-Ass The Movie

Ladic

Trailer will debut sunday

http://iamkick-ass.com/

I like the comics and the Director has done 2 excellent movies (Layer Cake and Stardust) so I have faith in this.

kick-ass-20091105023449635.jpg

For the Australian & British markets this film should be retitled "KICK-ARSE"

Taksraven

Kinda reminds me of one of the early Langston CSI episodes where three mental patients impesonated FBI agents to help take down an underground pitfighting juicing ring. Too bad two of the patients got killed in the process.

What did you think of the CSI trilogy ending with Langston carying around the Shotgun I thought it was shame he did not get to fire it.

yeah true,but 'American-ism' is a strong force these days,its a sad time with its culture-erasing properties.

So you want an american movie, about an american character, that takes place in America, to speak proper british english?

We don't make James Bond say ass when he gets over here. He's allowed to keep his arses.

Anyways.... movie sounds awesome. And gives me a bit of a Mystery Men vibe.

• 4 months later...

Just got back from a free preview here in Orlando. Great film, tons of homages to other superhero films, and the best performance from Nick Cage I have seen in years. I loved his dialogue when dressed up as big daddy, very Adam West Batman.

What did you think of the CSI trilogy ending with Langston carying around the Shotgun I thought it was shame he did not get to fire it.
That was the CSI: New York chapter of the trilogy. And, yes, I did feel kinda bad he didn't pull the trigger on the prick; that 12-gauge did look good in his hands, though. At least the story arc ended well.

So I take it that they couldn't get a contract for Damon MacReady to play Big Daddy. Either that, or was that the alias that ol Nick Cage (Coppola) was going by at the time?

So I take it that they couldn't get a contract for Damon MacReady to play Big Daddy. Either that, or was that the alias that ol Nick Cage (Coppola) was going by at the time?
Boy, did I put my foot in my mouth when I made this comment. I just realized that Damon MacReady was the name of the character in that movie "tapestry", not the actor's name.

I wasn't too impressed with the televison trailers for the film.

Boy, did I put my foot in my mouth when I made this comment.

It's okay...you should be used to it by now. I know I am. :D

I found myself interested enough in this movie to check the "restricted" Youtube trailers...it looks like it could be good. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Kids as super-heroes is a big turn-off for me. . . dunno if I can take it. Especially the girl one who is bound to be annoying.

She's the first person I've ever heard saying c*nt in a mainstream movie, and looks downright menacing while doing it. If she's gonna be annoying, she's probably gonna be the Jay and Silent Bob kind of annoying.

That said, if you watch both the green and red band trailers, it looks like if they were showing two totally different movies. Good thing I'd want to watch them both.

Kids as super-heroes is a big turn-off for me. . . dunno if I can take it. Especially the girl one who is bound to be annoying.

She is totally badass in the film (way cooler than in 500 days of summer), the only annoying bit is the music played when she is kicking ass (banana splits from the 70s lol)

Non of the green band trailers give this film justice. She is not really annoying and trust me you will like her character. The movie truly took me by surprise. The whole kids as superheroes well there are only 3, this film isn't a superhero film. If you don't know the story without running it just as the trailers say it is a geek with delusions of grander and he tries to be a superhero in today's world. Yeah think about the consequences of such a stupid act and that is the premise of the film. The trailers make it look like some superhero movie when it really isn't. It's more akin to Blankman without being so comical than anything.

Edited by kanedaestes

I don't read comic books anymore (no place local, and the big two can't stop screwing up their universes) so I have no knowledge of this franchise. Non of the trailers did anythingto make me want to see it. But then, Roger Ebert called the movie "morally reprehensible." Now, I want to see it.

Non of the green band trailers give this film justice. She is not really annoying and trust me you will like her character. The movie truly took me by surprise. The whole kids as superheroes well there are only 3, this film isn't a superhero film. If you don't know the story without running it just as the trailers say it is a geek with delusions of grander and he tries to be a superhero in today's world. Yeah think about the consequences of such a stupid act and that is the premise of the film. The trailers make it look like some superhero movie when it really isn't. It's more akin to Blankman without being so comical than anything.

Hmmm, interesting. I may give it a shot.

But then, Roger Ebert called the movie "morally reprehensible." Now, I want to see it.

In an age where Die Hard is PG and too few seem to notice the disturbing lack of blood in The Dark Knight, I see very little morally reprehensible with an R-rated film unabashedly flaunting itself in a cultural climate filled with sanitized entertainment. I guess I'll be the first to cry square at Ebert :)

In an age where Die Hard is PG and too few seem to notice the disturbing lack of blood in The Dark Knight, I see very little morally reprehensible with an R-rated film unabashedly flaunting itself in a cultural climate filled with sanitized entertainment. I guess I'll be the first to cry square at Ebert :)

I dunno...not to turn this into a thread about Roger Ebert, but I have a lot of respect for him. He comes down on A LOT of horror movies or ultraviolent fare, but when the movie in question is GENUINELY GOOD (for example, Last House on the Left and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre [original versions, of course]), he'll review it fairly.

So if he says Kick-Ass in morally reprehensible, I'm inclined to give him the benefit of a doubt.

I feel comfortable in the knowledge some people are inclined to follow Ebert's opinion. They aren't the ones paying for movies, so their righteous indignation will be accounted appropriately as worthless. I once felt sad at the fall of film criticism but now I'm thinking for the first time the marginalization of Roger Ebert and his increasingly obsolete contemporaries might be a good thing for the viability of film. Kick-Ass, much like District 9, seems well positioned to continue the growing trend for high-quality, mass appeal films financed and produced independent of Hollywood. If Kick-Ass turns out to be as good as advance reviews suggest, I wish it all the best.

Call me a prude but I lost interest after watching the red band trailers. Having kids use language like that is just seems like child abuse. Violence is bad but it on the set any blood can be added later by computers. Kids do appear in R-Rated films but hardly doing the R-Rated content scenes. Kids do swear on their own but making them do it reminds me of those trailer trash people who think it was funny that their baby could say "F-You".

Kids do swear on their own but making them do it reminds me of those trailer trash people who think it was funny that their baby could say "F-You".

Maybe it would help to view Hit Girl and Big Daddy as the characters played by Nic Cage and the baby from Raising Arizona. Seems to be a logical progression of those characters. :D

Call me a prude but I lost interest after watching the red band trailers. Having kids use language like that is just seems like child abuse. Violence is bad but it on the set any blood can be added later by computers. Kids do appear in R-Rated films but hardly doing the R-Rated content scenes. Kids do swear on their own but making them do it reminds me of those trailer trash people who think it was funny that their baby could say "F-You".

I agree. The abuse of the underage pretty much began with that kid in Jerry Maguire :)