1/48 SDP-1 Stampede Valkyrie

Majestic

All parts are removable, so there is a relatively easily-transformable 1/48 VF-1 hiding in there.

When I get around to it I'll take a picture of all of the parts detached, along with a non-canon Gerwalk version. I'm curious about Gerwalk mode myself...I haven't tried it yet but I expect it to look pretty hilarious(if the leg armor allows it at all).

• 1 month later...

Painted Ventral Tank. I painted this as a test to see if I could remember how to use my airbrush. Will be painting the remaining parts over the coming weeks or perhaps commissioning someone to paint the VF-1 for me.

By the way I'm looking for a set of standard 1/48 VF-1 decals, please PM me if you have any available or know where I can find a set. I've got the fast pack decals, but need standard VF-1 decals.

post-283-128331056868_thumb.jpg

Edited by Majestic

• 4 months later...

Thanks. The VF-1 is fully painted and awaiting decals (I found some and they should be arriving in the mail soon). I'm currently painting the armor. I've had to start and re-start a couple of times because I haven't been happy with the colors or my rusty airbrushing ability.

Currently I'm trying to decide on a good shade of yellow/orange for the parts colored as such in the lineart. It's an obnoxious color scheme, so I'm trying to subtly adjust it for a more 'realistic' and weathered look.

• 4 weeks later...

BTW, what kind of magnets did you use? I'm trying to get the armor on my 1/55s to attach with magnets but can't find any that are small enough to fit yet have enough force to hold. Rare Earth Magnets were suggested. Is that what you used?

BTW, what kind of magnets did you use? I'm trying to get the armor on my 1/55s to attach with magnets but can't find any that are small enough to fit yet have enough force to hold. Rare Earth Magnets were suggested. Is that what you used?

Yes, rare earth magnets in a few different sizes. Got them from K&J Magnetics.

Between all of the individual missles and armor attachment points, I used around 70-75 magnets. So I won't be displaying this thing near any sensitive electronics! :lol:

Between all of the individual missles and armor attachment points, I used around 70-75 magnets. So I won't be displaying this thing near any sensitive electronics! :lol:

I can just see all sorts of metal stuff gradually edging it's way towards the 1/48, the end result a giant snowball of metal things and at its heart a nice Stampede Valk. :)

I can just see all sorts of metal stuff gradually edging it's way towards the 1/48, the end result a giant snowball of metal things and at its heart a nice Stampede Valk. :)

LMAO! Classic.

First off beautiful work ! One of my favorite designs. Are you going to be offering this as Stampede pack kit for sale?

Not sure what the next project might be, maybe an armored gerwalk or the platypus valkyrie. I have a soft spot for "ugly" valkyrie variations.

May I suggest then ....

VF_X_3sc.jpg

Edited by Doc_John

• 5 years later...

Okay so i know this is an old thread but i just wanted to say WOW, very beautifully made .

I started this project like 10 to 13 years ago . Never completed it .

I don´t think mine would have been as good as this one though. I always tryed to keep the casting side of it in my head.

Great work.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...