Coming to theaters on July 11, 2010 is 20th Century Fox's big-screen adaptation of The A-Team. Directed by Joe Carnahan (Smokin' Aces) and produced by brothers Ridley Scott (Gladiator, Alien) and Tony Scott (Top Gun, True Romance), the new film will star the following:

• Liam Neeson (as if nobody knows him already...) as Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
  • Bradley Cooper (Phil in The Hangover) as Lt. Templeton "Faceman" Peck
  • Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (ex-UFC Light Heavyweight Champion) as Sgt. B.A. Baracus
  • Sharlto Copley (Wikus van de Merwe in District 9) as Capt. H.M. "Howling Mad" Murdock
  • Jessica Biel (like no one here knows her...) as Carissa Sosa
  • Patrick Wilson (Nite Owl II in Watchmen) as a Agent Lynch
  • Brian Bloom as Brock Pike
  • Dirk Benedict (the original Face)
  • Dwight Schultz (the original Murdock)

Stephen J. Cannell, who created the series, will also be producing the film. The storyline will supposedly have the A-Team as either Gulf War or Iraq War veterans instead of the Vietnam War in the original.

You know what I think? No Mr. T = Not a good A-Team movie. I pity the fool that makes this movie!

The A-Team @ IMDB Edited by areaseven

Even as a kid, I thought it was a dumb show.

Really?

I LOVED the A-Team and still do for one simple reason: because the whole story is about one thing and one thing only - that the government lies and kills while normal people are its' victims - and the A-Team decide to stop being victims and stand up for themselves and for normal folks.

You just need to get passed the cornyness of nobody ever getting hit by bullets and get to the essence.

Also - I loved it for having the heroes rely on ingenuity rather than brute force.

But I do agree that Mr. T made that show - as did the gentleman who played Hanibal - and I will be hard pressed to accept an updated version...

You know - this falls into the category of stuff that's best left alone...

It's like trying to remake a western... you essentially can't make it any "flashier" than it was - sand, horses, guys with revolvers... I mean...what's there to add? Nothing really.

Same with film noir detective stories: all you need is a blind dark ally and guys in suits packing heat...

Pete

Btw, I loved the Family Guy rendition of the A-team (when Brian goes back to college), it was pure brilliance!

I hope the van is vintage 80's... not some modern brand. Unfortunately, the vehicle has (d)evolved from useful utility vehicle to soccer practice transportation in the time since the A-team last aired.

Question: How many people have seen vans painted up like the A-team van driving around their town? I've seen 2 different ones in my lifetime. Both looked cheesy as hell, but you gotta respect their dedication. :D

I only wish I was able to take a picture at the time.

Creeps and child molesters. Duh.

Right... Thats the point I was trying to make.

Listen guys, as fun as the TV show was, the plot premise was always weak, and you guys liked it for the most part because you were all kids. Watch a few episodes now... You will see its still fun, but nothing to worry about any producer "ruining."

Oh how I love Rampage Jackson. If anyone's familiar with the beatdown he's receiving on this season of Ultimate Fighter, though his ability to maintain crude humor in the face of adversity is nothing short of inspirational.

I'll give this movie a shot just out of nostalgia.