Ep.3 Cover Art

Aegis!

OK , this cover has officially convinced me that I ought to have a VF-0 toy ;)

I think it looks a lot better than Ep.2 cover , it has the same feeling as Ep.1 cover which to my tastes was very nice.

The VF-0S looks so menacing.

Anyway , I belive there´re some new pics of Ep.3 going around the net but haven´t found them (actually I did but they were taken down ) , so if someone finds them please post them here.

Cheers :)

post-2-1068855764.jpg

Hate to make this old news but I believe we had a thread on this a bit back....

Did we ? I´ve been checking the boards almost everyday and I don´t remeber a thread about the cover art of Ep.3 , though I do remember we had an extensive thread about some artwork/pics of Ep.3 , but not the cover itself.

If I´´m wrong though then I apologise myself . :)

Seeing that this is an armored valkyrie, Does that mean that we are going to see some action outside of Earth's atmosphere?

Considering the VF-0's engines.......nope.

And on that same note wouldn't the armored VF be to heavy for the engines, ecspecially within the atmosphere? Maybe it will be just limited to ground missions.

I thought it went without saying that an armoured VF would be pretty much limited to ground based action, until it jettisoned the armour. Maybe a VF-1 could pull off limited flight, but definitely not a VF-0 with conventional engines. I can imagine some wicked ground fighting that eventually takes to the air, though.

I don't know why people automatically assume that armored Valks are limited to space use only.

There is no reason why they can't be used for ground based assault or defence missions.

Of course, depending on the thrust to weight ratio of the Armored Valk, they may not be able to fly, but they can still walk or run and perhaps also do powered jumps.

Graham

Uninformed are we?

GBP - Grenade Box Protector. Got it sittin right in front of me... Im not sure if anyone knows if a GBP armor equipped Valkyrie is capable of atmospheric flight. I sure dont know. You'd think it could if it stressed its engines a lot.

-BEN-MAN-

GBP = Ground Battle Protector.

No, it's not intended for space use. Hikaru was abusing the concept.

I agree with your comments about Hikaru abusing the Armored Valk concept.

I've always that that the GBP-1S armor was designed to give battroids more firepower and armor for ground based operations and not really be for use in space.

Graham

Yeah, I've never seen Armored Valks flying around in the atmosphere in any animation or episode, but they can be spotted trodding along on the ground in various scenes and illustrations, the first one that comes to mind being the VFX2 opening.

Yeah, I've never seen Armored Valks flying around in the atmosphere in any animation or episode, but they can be spotted trodding along on the ground in various scenes and illustrations, the first one that comes to mind being the VFX2 opening.

In cut scenes in the new Macross PS2 game, Armored VF-1Js can also be seen on the ground on the Mars Base mission. And of course you get to use one against hoards or attacking Regults.

I've found in the Macross PS2 game, the Armored VF-1J is extremely effective in ground missions, but was actually quite underwhelming in space missions as it lacked the speed and manauverability of a normal Valk or FP equipped Valk.

Graham

Hmm...  I guess if they're gonna add more gratuitous fanservice nudity this time (Mao?  Erk.), I hope they at least make it well-drawn.

Oh, and that Valk is TEH ROXOR.

Dude, Mao is like 15 years old! :blink:

Err....no, according to the Compendium, she's only 11.

Graham

If we do get to see some Mao fan service in ep # 3, this wouldn't be the first time for underage nudity in Macross. Remember Elma in D7 anybody?

Gotta please that sick fanboy in all of us.....But really, Mao is 11 years old....Wasn't Sara good enough for you people? And she's 16, or do we really need to do fan service for Mao as well?

If we do get to see some Mao fan service in ep # 3, this wouldn't be the first time for underage nudity in Macross. Remember Elma in D7 anybody?

Graham

That wasn't fanservice, at least no more so than her fathers huge ass.

is it just me or is mr kawamori using a fair bit of AC- style designs in M0? i say this cos the destroid looks like one of the various AC configurations you can make in the game and the torso section of the VF-0 armor looks similar to a core part design (before you say so, i know he did the desgins in the AC game series)

What?? Mao is ELEVEN?? Sara SIXTEEN??? Bloody hell, I knew the M0 designs were crap, but that's just made them astronomically piss-poor in my view. Bad enough Roy looking OLDER than his SDF Macross self.

Next they'll reveal Shin is a girl.

What?? Mao is ELEVEN?? Sara SIXTEEN??? Bloody hell, I knew the M0 designs were crap, but that's just made them astronomically piss-poor in my view. Bad enough Roy looking OLDER than his SDF Macross self.

WTF are you talking about ?

The only bit of Fan Service shown so far was during Sara´s ritual , and for that matter that isn´t any worse than Minmay Shower scene in the original series , which to my knowledge is supposed to be the only series no one dares to talk BS about.

Mao hasn´t even got a real relevance within M0 (yet) and you expect Kawamori san to use her for FS ? I would like to know what you´re smoking cause it seems to cause a bit of Paranoia.

You expect every new character designer that works in a Macross series to copy Mikimoto´s work so you can have a badly animated 20 years old design being used in a 2003 OVA series ?

I agree that Mikimoto´s involvement in a new Macross production would be more than welcome but if it´s only to recreate something they did 20 years ago then I say spare the man´´s time let him do something more relevant , for him and for us as well.

Face it , Macross can have grace even without Mikimoto and that was comfirmed by M+ a long time ago , I really don´t know where this elitist approach to macross character designers comes from.

Are all those people gonna freak out everytime Mikimoto doesn´t participate in a Macross series from now on ? that´s just ridiculous.

is it just me or is mr kawamori using a fair bit of AC- style designs in M0?

Ya I thought the samething. The mechs look familar.

I see the trend of boring Macross Zero DVD covers continues. When does this come out? next week?

On the subject of character designs of Macross Zero....other than Mao and Shin, most of them are ugly....especially Roy, he looks terrible. Macross Zero should have used a more retro style of character design which has been used in newer anime shows of old liscenses(Harlock, Mazinkaiser etc.)

Let's face it, most young anime fans aren't watching Macross Zero. Like today's kids and Star Wars, they don't care.

Am I the only one who thinks that it would be financially silly for them (in the macross universe) to bother making a GBP-1S at ALL? I mean.. here you have this most likely VERY expensive variable fighter, and you already have most likely much cheaper (simpler, no transformation, etc) Destroids. Why turn the expensive Variable fighter into a Destroid (bunch of ammo, no transformation) when you could probably buy 5 or 6 destroids for the price?

Of course.. It's a cartoon, and GBP-1S armor is cool looking... is the reason I give myself.

Am I the only one who thinks that it would be financially silly for them (in the macross universe) to bother making a GBP-1S at ALL? I mean.. here you have this most likely VERY expensive variable fighter, and you already have most likely much cheaper (simpler, no transformation, etc) Destroids. Why turn the expensive Variable fighter into a Destroid (bunch of ammo, no transformation) when you could probably buy 5 or 6 destroids for the price?

Of course.. It's a cartoon, and GBP-1S armor is cool looking... is the reason I give myself.

Because Destroids haven´t got the mobility of a valkyrie with our without GBP , and the same could be said the other way around i.e. the GBP hasn´t got the firepower of the Destroid series , it´s just there for assistance against other more versatile mechas (like the Q-Rau or SV-51 ...).

edited: forgot to add comments.

I see the trend of boring Macross Zero DVD covers continues. When does this come out? next week?

On the subject of character designs of Macross Zero....other than Mao and Shin, most of them are ugly....especially Roy, he looks terrible. Macross Zero should have used a more retro style of character design which has been used in newer anime shows of old liscenses(Harlock, Mazinkaiser etc.)

Let's face it, most young anime fans aren't watching Macross Zero. Like today's kids and Star Wars, they don't care

Of course they´ll look familiar , it´s been less than a year since the last AC game came out and you expect Kawamori to suddenly change his style back to what it looked like 20 years ago ? I wouldn´t expect him to do such thing.

Of course young lads won´t give a sh*t about Macross , they hardly know it. I personally am happy that Macross isn´t aimed at mindless young kids and that we don´t get a new series every single year that

passes by like Gundam solely to satisfy that audience , at least that keeps the quality up.

I wish we had more Macross 7 bash threads more often , at least those kept the nitpickers busy for a while instead of bashing every possible detail they can come up with for whatever new thing is released. Every time a new Episode comes out everyone is like : OMG ; OMF !!! ; HOLY MACARONI !! that was an awesome episode ; can´t believe this is so beautiful...bla bla bla , yada yada yada... and then the double standard comes out of the closet when all those people start to nitpick about some irrelevant crap.

I could understand why people would bitch about M7 , I myself didn´t like some aspects of it , but now that we at last get a decent series again after M+ , everyone jumps on the ¨bashing-van wagon¨ now that they got bored of bitching about M7...that´s just pitiful really.

Sorry for that rant but I don´t like when this sort of things start to happen.

Edited by Aegis!

edited: forgot to add comments.

Let's face it, most young anime fans aren't watching Macross Zero. Like today's kids and Star Wars, they don't care

Of course they´ll look familiar , it´s been less than a year since the last AC game came out and you expect Kawamori to suddenly change his style back to what it looked like 20 years ago ? I wouldn´t expect him to do such thing.

Of course young lads won´t give a sh*t about Macross , they hardly know it. I personally am happy that Macross isn´t aimed at mindless young kids and that we don´t get a new series every single year that

passes by like Gundam solely to satisfy that audience , at least that keeps the quality up.

I wish we had more Macross 7 bash threads more often , at least those kept the nitpickers busy for a while instead of bashing every possible detail they can come up with for whatever new thing is released. Every time a new Episode comes out everyone is like : OMG ; OMF !!! ; HOLY MACARONI !! that was an awesome episode ; can´t believe this is so beautiful...bla bla bla , yada yada yada... and then the double standard comes out of the closet when all those people start to nitpick about some irrelevant crap.

I could understand why people would bitch about M7 , I myself didn´t like some aspects of it , but now that we at last get a decent series again after M+ , everyone jumps on the ¨bashing-van wagon¨ now that they got bored of bitching about M7...that´s just pitiful really.

Sorry for that rant but I don´t like when this sort of things start to happen.

I wouldn't expect it either. I just thought they looked familar. The character designs on the otherhand....if your not going to make them retro at least make them attractive to the viewer....

I think having gaps in Macross releases has hurt the franchise's growth. Too bad Macross didn't have a sequel in the mid to late 80's.

I like Macross Zero. I just don't blindly love it, like some do on this board.

and btw

Mao is only 11? jeez I really hope there isn't any fanservice of an 11 year old..... Sara's was bad enough and pointless. Did she really have to be naked to sing that awful song lol

The character designs on the otherhand....if your not going to make them retro at least make them attractive to the viewer....

yeah , they might not be attractive as DYRL? but at least they do the job and aren´t gay looking like those of Yukikaze (which have some originality but I swear to god they have no grace at all). This characters might be neutral but they definitively are good enough for Macross.

I think having gaps in Macross releases has hurt the franchise's growth.

yeah , that was due to Kawamori´s lack of interest on the franchise during that time , it would certainly help if we got a series every 3 years or so , but at this point on history I´m satisfied with the level of quality the production team has achieved in all axisting productions , specially with M0.

I like Macross Zero. I just don't blindly love it, like some do on this board.

I agree , blind fanatism is just as stupid as irrelevant bitching. At this stage of production of the OVAs I have to say I like M0 quite a bit , in fact I would dare to say I appreciate it as much as Macross Plus and DYRL? ; but I feel there´re points open to improvement just as M+ (character design , too much tecno/trance , lack of background story for X-9 , lack of deep character evolution along the story -except for Guld- ) or DYRL (continuity mess , resumed plot , etc..).

Mao is only 11? jeez I really hope there isn't any fanservice of an 11 year old..... Sara's was bad enough and pointless. Did she really have to be naked to sing that awful song lol

Jesus , why do you complain about something that hasn´t even happened ? where do you get the idea Mao is gonna be involved in some sort of FS ?

Did you expect Sara to bath with her clothes on ? that´s one wierd habit.

You people forget M0 is set in a isolated island , based in similar cultures I would assume Sara was doing a purification ritual , and if that´s right then it would be pretty common not to wear clothes. Now, if Shin got hot because he saw her privates then that´s another thing.

Welcome back Renato. Haven't seen you around MW in ages.

Graham