Manly Tears of Sadness

Ghost Train

Guys, admit it... I and I'm sure everyone else tries to act like a tough guy, especially on the internet. But there are times when testosterone simply cannot hold back tears when watching an awesome movie, anime, or whatever. Did you watch something that was so intense you got teary-eyed? :p

Here is my list:

(Spoilers galore, click at your own risk!)

1) The Outer Limits: Tribunal (1995)

Here is a clip of the final scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q-csH7Jlfc

2) "Fan ending" to Doraemon:

3) CoD4 ending:

Everything has gone down the crapper and your whole squad is dead, but somehow Price slides a pistol your way and you ice Zhakayev, and the "good Russians" show up just on time.

Be a man... share your list.

Edited by Ghost Train

That's a good one lol. ... I actually "got emotional" during the very last scene, where the life-stream, life-force or w/e comes to life and pwns meteor.

Vifam, what show is that?

That's from the ending to Gunbuster, one of the few shows I've seen that actually deals with time dilation while traveling at light speed.

The ending to Gunbuster also made me sad :(

Also the ending of zeta, 0080 and victory gundam made me really sad. Victory almost made my eyes shed tears. :(:(

Edited by kung flu

This is going to sound so gay, but I cried at the end of Densha Otoko when Yamada finally confesses to Saori that he loves her.

I also cried during the scenes in the movie We Were Soldiers... where Col Hal Moore's wife was bringing the telegrams to the wives of deceased soldiers who were KIA in 'Nam. That kind of stuff always gets to me.

I must admit i shed a tear after reading the fan ending of Doraemon. I watched Doraemon back in the early 90's when i was around 9yo where it was shown here in my country every afternoon. I wonder how it would have ended if the original creator didn't die. Also, i cried near the end of 'The Night Before a Wedding' Doraemon movie.

Here's one that immediately came to mind -

p8.jpg

Boy did that anime make them pour out.

Others that come to mind are Gurren Lagann; MSG 0080; and OMF, G Gundam!

But there are other movies and stuff that have made my eyes do the wather dance.

Boy did that anime make them pour out.

Others that come to mind are Gurren Lagann; MSG 0080; and OMF, G Gundam!

But there are other movies and stuff that have made my eyes do the wather dance.

Holy F'n Christ these are pathetic THESE MADE YOU CRY

What about Gladiator!

Um Braveheart????'

Mission to Mars!

Anime

X-when lover boy bites it protecting his true love

Gundam 00 Second Season When sniper boys bitch gets blown to kingdom come by double 0

to name a few

jeez!

I havent really cried with sadness over anything but my eyes do get watery when i watch things that are so awesome i start laughing inside.

but I guess one thing that did make me alil teary eyed from sadness was the ending to basilisk. Oh and I suppose ill add that the ending part in 'last samurai' when tehy were getting gunned down made me abit glazed.

Edited by Vepariga

Although they didn't make me cry, I'm sure I would've if I had seen these <i>Futurama</i> episodes for the first time under different circumstances:

• "Luck of the Fryrsh": when Fry learns the truth behind his brother "stealing" his name and his lucky clover
  • "Jurassic Bark": Hachiko-esque ending. 'Nuff said.

I havent really cried with sadness over anything but my eyes do get watery when i watch things that are so awesome i start laughing inside.

but I guess one thing that did make me alil teary eyed from sadness was the ending to basilisk. Oh and I suppose ill add that the ending part in 'last samurai' when tehy were getting gunned down made me abit glazed.

ya those were good too especially Samurai 7

Transformers the animated movie - When Optimus Prime died. man, i bawled. i wept. i mourned the death of my childhood that day.

Ending of Honey & Clover anime (2nd season). When Takemoto opens those sandwiches with 4 leaf clovers all around. (yes those tears were "manly", damn it! Manly!!)

Gurren Lagann -

death of Kamina. And the last 2 episodes when Dai Gurren started its counter-attack (from the time Simon started to gather his crew from their dream states, to the defeat of the anti-spiral)

Although the 2nd one is really more of happiness tears than sadness, but there WERE tears nevertheless.

End of Eva - death of Asuka. awesome and mind-numbingly sad at the same time.

Grave of the Fireflies - the whole frickin movie!

There are others, but these come to my mind right now.

That's a good one lol. ... I actually "got emotional" during the very last scene, where the life-stream, life-force or w/e comes to life and pwns meteor.

Vifam, what show is that?

I never actually got that far. I've bought the damn game three times and still never completed it. Currently I don't own a suitable platform to play it on. Maybe when I'm old and grey and the grand kids ask what I did during the Console Wars... :lol:

Also, Ghost Train, if you haven't seen Gunbuster - do so. Yesterday. :lol:

Although they didn't make me cry, I'm sure I would've if I had seen these <i>Futurama</i> episodes for the first time under different circumstances:

• "Luck of the Fryrsh": when Fry learns the truth behind his brother "stealing" his name and his lucky clover
  • "Jurassic Bark": Hachiko-esque ending. 'Nuff said.

Ha, I remember watching both those episodes and at the end just thinking "Damn, that was really, really sad..." Not quite on the tears level but pretty surprising coming from Futurama.

When I watch the our new president, I weep for the future.

I completely agree Agent One!

As for anime got a few:

In Kimagure Orange Road "I Want to Return to that Day", when Hikaru is abandoned and betrayed by Kyosuke in the rain while Wada Kanako sings the classic, "Ano Sora o Dakishimete".

In the Gundam Trilogy Third Movie: Amuro is gravely injured but still saves everyone on White Base. Originally thought he was going to die but amazingly he escapes the final explosions.

In Urusei Yatsura KANKETSU-HEN The Final Chapter movie: During the final minutes of Earths survival Ataru collapses but Lum rushes to save him.

In Urusei Yatsura Remember My Love (Third movie) when Ataru and Lum are repeatedly separated and then one day become re-united.

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

Beast Wars: Code of Hero. Dinobot FTW!

When dinobot was given a warriors burial I did get a bit teary eyed.

When Kamille from Zeta Gundam got mindscrewed I felt a small tear run down my cheek.

When Roy died in SDFM I wept tears of manlyness.

Edited by dizman