ANIME Figures and Statues

MaveRick

My 1/6 Mari Illustrious Makinami PVC figure is finally on its way from Japan. Can't wait! Yeah, I know I already posted this in the other figure thread.

It's here. Sorry for my crappy camera work.

001mari.jpg

002mari.jpg

Edited by Noriko Takaya

• 3 months later...

finally got a saber in my collection. i think this is the best version thus far but i'm sure a lot of people will beg to differ. still haven't gotten around to watching the anime though..

saberdraw.jpg

nice hilt detail:

saberhilt.jpg

overexposed this shot to highlight the translucency of the dress:

saberbacklit.jpg

now these are an unexpected addition. caught the K-On bug and it still surprises. mugi on pre-order and keeping my fingers crossed that they put out a Ritsu

k-ontrio.jpg

• 2 months later...

I guess this is the closest thing to an appropriate thread to bring this up:

Is anyone here in to 1/3 scale dolls? For the last few day's I've had an odd compulsion to try and put together one of those 22inch VOLKS Dollfie (I blame Danny Choo <_< ). It could start coming together in the next couple weeks if I'm not able to talk myself out of it. :unsure:

I guess this is the closest thing to an appropriate thread to bring this up:

Is anyone here in to 1/3 scale dolls? For the last few day's I've had an odd compulsion to try and put together one of those 22inch VOLKS Dollfie (I blame Danny Choo <_< ). It could start coming together in the next couple weeks if I'm not able to talk myself out of it. :unsure:

Do I see a crack in the closet door opening :ph34r::p :P :p

as i have stated somewhere here on MW in the past, i've never seen the Suzumiya Anime past Ep.1.

while i'm heavily considering getting the complete collections, i'm honestly not

so sure that the series' alleged "Zaniness" would appeal all that much to me.

still, i'm finding myself ever more compelled to give the series a shot, all on the strength

of one darling sweet little lady;

DSC_2686.jpg

yes, i ♥Love♥ Miss Mikuru Asahina!! i haven't really seen her series at all, but nevertheless,

the moment i had first seen her, back around the series' debut, 2005/2006ish, probably in an issue of NEWTYPE USA (R.I.P.)

it was an undeniable Love♥ at first sight.

several years on, i finally get an internet connection (*Embarrassing*) and go looking for the Mikuru Figma,

and happen instead across the MegaHouse Mikuru doll that i now have.

oh, my GOD!! i HAD to have her♥ she was everything i had truly wanted, but had ended up settling on the Figma for,

not realizing that a doll of her had even existed! when i got her, i was taken to heaven above. still i had one little problem;

:ph34r: her GINORMOUS melons!! :ph34r:

:blink: i must be the only man on earth that actually DISLIKES "Z" cups on a woman, god save my soul... :blink:

i found, however, that Mikuru's body was made by OBITSU corp. and that they made stock doll bodies for hobbyists.

i was elated to find and order a body with smaller, "M" size breasts in Mikuru's skin tone.

the results are shown above.

as a long time doll hobbyist, i found that Mikuru's lingerie wasn't quite as "finished" as i thought it should be,

so i added lace trim to the bra and panties, as well as made her a pair of frilly socks and a coordinated garter.

all of which can also be seen in the above photos.

i ♥Love♥ my precious little princess, and i'm planning to make several outfits for her, starting with a japanese

elementary schoolgirl uniform (white red and dark royal blue) a wedding dress, and possibly also a copy of

Lynn Minmay's concert costume seen at the climax of MACROSS; D.Y.R.L.

at any rate, i'll be rather busy... ^_^

finally got a saber in my collection. i think this is the best version thus far but i'm sure a lot of people will beg to differ. still haven't gotten around to watching the anime though..

saberdraw.jpg

and she's just simply a gorgeous little Sweetie♥

Edited by Shaorin

I've got to start uploading my figures to flickr. I have a lot of G-taste figures, but my pride and joy is my Hitomi-figure band girl. I also like my two (nipply) skyblue splash figures.

EDIT: I also have a Misa Hayase in her military uniform, that for some odd reason I prefer over the swimsuit one.

Edited by renegadeleader1

Actually, Focker, that Saber's pretty well sought after. I stupidly passed her up at a swap meet. Though she was a boot for all I know. Considering all my other Sabers are too (a guy actually gave me a bunch at the same meet), wouldn't be surprising.

I've not caught the K-On! bug, and hope I never will. I just don't see the appeal. Thank goodness given how Kyo-ani loves to milk their fans for all they've got. I'm still recovering from Endless Eight.

noticed my old link doesn't work, so lets try this one. http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/TifaOnACloud

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

@F-ZeroOne

Too bad there's not a super posable Ataru to grope back :lol:

@Mercurial Morpheus

Is that the nicest Shiki figure that's been made?

I got a new (to me) enclosed cabinet and I've placed the majority of my female figures in it to some success.

th_Cabinet11-07-2010014.jpg

clickable slideshow with questionable quality images

I just got the Saber Triumphant Excalibur figure yesterday, great figure, I really like it. Probably the best Saber yet!

Picture346.jpg

I also got Selvaria Bles (Valkyria Chronicles). Unfortunately when I opened the packaging her head was already broken off :(

SelvariaBles.jpg

Awesome Saber fig, Dutch. Love the armor and the base.

Glad to see a Selvaria fig, too. One of my favorite characters in the VC game.

BTW, is that blue flame background custom-made of did you buy that online? Looks like a perfect complement to the Selvaria fig.

saberdraw.jpg

nice hilt detail:

saberhilt.jpg

overexposed this shot to highlight the translucency of the dress:

saberbacklit.jpg

Great fig, man. I don't recall her appearing in that dress in the anime, but awesome nonetheless. You just can't go wrong with a Saber fig.

BTW, is that blue flame background custom-made of did you buy that online? Looks like a perfect complement to the Selvaria fig.

That picture isn't mine I just copied it from hobby search's website, the saber picture is mine though.

As for the blue flame background, I wish could find something like that, it would make displaying figures look awesome.

I also got Selvaria Bles (Valkyria Chronicles). Unfortunately when I opened the packaging her head was already broken off :(

As much as I adore Selvaria, I've not been liking the light smile they gave her (at least that's how the promo pics looked). It just doesn't fit game wise (she did use it in the anime, but not on the battlefield). So it kind of ruins the figure for me. Not Alter's best work. It just looks...off. I did like the previous Selvaria that came out, but she's by a no name company and REALLY expensive.

bluemax151, I have two Shiki's, both gashipons, neither that great. You can pose him without glasses though.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

****- ♥My Princesses♥ -****

MyAnimeGirls12-6-10.jpg

(LEFT to RIGHT)

*Hikaru Shindou from Magic Knight Rayearth

*Sakura Kinomoto from Card Captor Sakura

*Apple Lee from AZONE Corp's "Hakukokaku Chinese Fantasy" doll series

*Hazuki Morioka from Tsukuyomi MOON PHASE

*Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

MyAnimeGirls12-6-102.jpg

(LEFT to RIGHT)

(TOP OF RACK)

*Fauna from Megamisama Chuuihou

*Nanoha Takamachii from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

*Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

*Kagome Higurashi from INU-YASHA

*Parfait from Little Witch Parfait

(FIRST SHELF FROM TOP)

*GACHAPON set from Lovely Idol (Aoi Nishimata series)

*Akari Ichijo from THE LAST BLADE (SNK NEO-GEO fighting game series)

*Nakoruru from SAMURAI SPIRITS (SNK NEO-GEO fighting game series)

(SECOND SHELF FROM TOP)

*Misha and Shia from Pita Ten (Koge-Donbo series)

(THIRD SHELF FROM TOP)

*Natalia Luzu Kimlesca Lanvaldear from TALES OF THE ABYSS

*Sheena Fujibayashi and Colette Brunel from TALES OF SYMPHONIA

*Kotaro Higuchi and Misha from Pita Ten (Koge-Donbo series)

MyAnimeGirls12-6-103.jpg

(LEFT to RIGHT)

*Kurumi from Steel Angel Kurumi

*Iris Chateaubraind from Sakura Wars

*Mamotte Shugogetten GACHAPON set

*SD Nakoruru from SAMURAI SPIRITS (SNK NEO-GEO fighting game series)

*Skuld from Ah! My Goddess

*Galaxy Angel GACHAPON set

*Mahoro Andou from MAHOROMATIC

*Yuna Kagurazaka from Galaxy Fraulien Yuna

*Otome Asakura from Da Capo II

*KOS-MOS from Xenosaga

*Akira from KAYODO's "BOME" figure series

and FINALLY, (Whew!!) let's not forget Lady Shaorin from Mamotte Shugogetten;

Mamotte_Shugogetten_Colle_1_by_Shao.jpg

ShaorinShichiriasLynnMinmay.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

I never knew there was a Sheena fig from Tales of Symphonia.

she was part of the TOS "One Coin" figure series.

they had series for TOTA (the Abyss) as well.

you can probably find them still on EBAY...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just got these for myself;

a pair of Japanese Schoolgirl Slippers for the Schoolgirl uniform i just completed

for my MegaHouse Mikuru Asahina doll;

(from "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya")

MikuruAsahinasSchoolgirlSlippers.jpg

MyLittleMikuru.png

♥and here she is♥

SchoolgirlMikuru1.jpg

"Kyaa!! my Panties!! Waahh!! tu-hu-hu..."

( "tu-hu-hu" the Japanese equivalent of "boo-hoo-hoo" yes, i'm being a "Weeaboo". ASK ME IF I CARE. )

SchoolgirlMikuru4ohnomypanties.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

Don't really know her/the anime, but it looks very nice.

1/8 Ryouko Ookami

She's from Ookami-san and the Seven Companions. Fun short anime with a bunch of fairy-tale references, awesome narrator, and a typical hanging ending. May'n did the opening you know.

• 2 months later...

Ghost buster girl is out for preorder. A new movie-themed line from max factory.

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/shop?vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=FIG-KAI-2550&template=e_review.html&set=english

FIG-KAI-2550_01.jpg

I'm not sure why the torn pants but meh....i'm not a real fan of shunya stuff.

Edited by wolfx

glad to see this thread is still alive. it's been quiet for a while.

i'm cautiously optimistic about the shunya ghostbuster's girl. this product line from Kotobukiya has been pretty inconsistent for me. not to say that the quality is poor, on the contrary they are generally good, but the final products from this line seem to just miss in the x-factor that made the prototypes great. for example, the shunya psylocke prototypes shown on webshops was drool-worthy, but when i got mine i found the eyes were quite a bit "off". that come-hither expression was gone and if i stare at it long enough, the eyes even look a bit cross-eyed. same case for the catwoman. i recently saw them at my local store and again, the eyes and eyelids miss out on what made the prototype look coy. unfortunately, i had pre-ordered it and it's on it's way, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed that my copy will somehow be better than what i saw at the shops. i'll definitely wait for this ghostbusters figure at my local shop before i consider purchasing it. same goes for wonder woman.

i don't know why koto seems to fumble this particular series. they are capable of producing good stuff, just look at their shining hearts/wind line. maybe they struggle when the eyes are less anime-like. thinking of the Orchid Seed Lineage II figures, Yamato Cammy, and the Alter Aozaki, i wish it was these guys that were producing this series.