ANIME Figures and Statues

MaveRick

• 1 month later...
need some help Identifying here.

http://www.happinetonline.com/NASApp/mnas/...D=4560228202403

where is the character from i really like it ^_^ ,or is it just an original for statues sake?

any translations ,i also found another on amazon..

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/images/...=toys&img=0

The first one is from Muramasa: The Demon Blade, a Wii game. ^_^

Edited by Daiohma

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
had some fun doing a 007-themed shoot:

most of you can probably recognize golgo and yoko's butt.

these 2 might not be so familiar though:

aozaki from kara no kyoukai and female elf from lineage II

Those are awesome photos. Golgo is one of the best figures i own as well.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

UN Spacy, ruskii, thanks for the compliments. golgo's been in a box since i got him, first time i took him out just for this shoot. really great figure and comes with a lot of cool accessories. unfortunately because it's much smaller than the rest of my collection, i can't allocate the shelf space until i get more figures in a similar scale. btw, are there figures like this from cowboy bebop? would be great to pair faye with golgo ^_^

it's weird though that photobucket took down the yoko shot.

either they mistook it for this actual james bond movie poster:

post-6173-1271893456_thumb.jpg

or yoko's butt was just too much for them to handle :lol:

anyway, just re-attaching here for the curious:

post-6173-1271893508_thumb.jpg

i've gotten a handful of new figures in the past few weeks, but haven't thought of a nice way to shoot them yet.

when inspiration comes, i'll post another set

post-6173-1271893529_thumb.jpgpost-6173-1271893556_thumb.jpgpost-6173-1271893573_thumb.jpg

Edited by Major Focker

Photobucket is weird about what it deletes. Someone probably reported you image to be an a-hole. I know a picture I took of a friend with a pedobear cosplayer got deleted from my account before and it left me puzzled.

That Duke Togo figure is really tempting. I remember when the Golgo NES game was so badass growing up, too bad I never finished it because it would always freeze from the NES overheating and had no save feature.

Photobucket is weird about what it deletes. Someone probably reported you image to be an a-hole. I know a picture I took of a friend with a pedobear cosplayer got deleted from my account before and it left me puzzled.

Photobucket pretty much just deletes anything that gets reported as inappropriate without any kind of review process and with no way to appeal or recover your deleted image.

which is why they suck. <_<

Wouldn't flickr be a better alternative?

Anyway, here's my stuff. Not much of a collection but I like what I got.

The miscellaneous figures. There's Saber, Rukia, and Rei. The Galaxy Angel figurines came with Volume 1, probably wasn't my wisest purchase. The Kenshin set was from a friend; I never bothered opening them because of those encases, I hate those kind of boxes so much...

post-10165-1272045375_thumb.jpgpost-10165-1272045537_thumb.jpgpost-10165-1272045202_thumb.jpg

The Figmas and Revoltechs.

post-10165-1272045336_thumb.jpgpost-10165-1272045310_thumb.jpg

The VF-1S that I bought from Spiderman. (Great thanks to you!)

post-10165-1272045451_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I know you guys are tired of me bringing up Kos-Mos, but while I'm at it, it seems like Volks is making another one of her. She's HUGE!

post-10165-1272045602_thumb.jpg

And lastly... The Roadroller Twins of Vocaloid fame. Along with three Tako Luka trinkets and little shy Toeto hiding behind Len's leg. :)

post-10165-1272045230_thumb.jpgpost-10165-1272045254_thumb.jpg

I have a Black Rock Shooter coming in July. I'll snap some pictures of her when she does get here. Hopefully Good Smile will release more Vocaloid Figmas and stuff.

Edited by shiroikaze

i have a flickr account but i can't figure out how to get it to generate a link that ends in jpg or gif that i can post in this board. any advise how?

to embed images from Flickr:

go to the photo page of the image you're trying to post then click on the all sizes button (outlined in red)

1.jpg

now pick the size you want to post from the available sizes list (medium or large works best, please don't link original size, especially if you upload full-size strait from the camera huge images)

2.jpg

finally, scroll to the bottom of the page and copy the URL (outlined in red)

3.jpg

now for those that don't know, you need to add [/_img] around said URL (don't include the "_" ) to make the image show up in the post. or you can click the little embed image button and past the URL into the pop-up box

4.jpg

last thing you need to remember about flickr is that their ToS require that externally posted images must link back to their photo page. To do this, after making the embedded image go back to the photo page and copy this URL (outlined in red)

5.jpg

then come back to your forum post, highlight the image tag, click on the insert link button (outlined in red) and past in the photo page URL.

and this is what you get after all that work

4369294926_69048805b3.jpg

so yeah, a bit more work than going through photobucket or imageshack, but Flickr is way better when it comes to uploading and organizing images, and they don't constantly screw with your stuff. Personally I upload all my good photos and stuff through Flickr, and only use photobucket for junk I don't care about and don't want cluttering up my photostream.

4369294926_69048805b3.jpg

wow, that shot of the figure is exceptionally sharp! sorry if OT, but would you mind if i ask what lens you used and at what aperture and focal length? i struggle with keeping the entire subject sharp without bringing the background into focus.

Major Focker, i saw you finally got your Kureha, very nice!

thanks. yup, finally. took a while to find one that isn't double the release price. still paid a pretty penny for it but can't complain considering the fantastic paintwork on this figure. increasingly though, it's getting harder to justify the prices of some of these figures, particularly the limited ones. for example, i got the sheryl dark bunny for nearly the same as my hot toys warmachine pre-order :blink: the funny thing is, i end up buying them anyway :rolleyes:

Nice Shiki, focker,love that statue.

thanks, i'm glad i got it too. at first i wasn't planning on getting it since i already had the shiki in kimono and i wanted to limit my collection to just one figure per character (of course with the exception of sheryl of which i now have 5). but i found it on sale for $30 and i like shiki a lot anyway, so...

wow, that shot of the figure is exceptionally sharp! sorry if OT, but would you mind if i ask what lens you used and at what aperture and focal length? i struggle with keeping the entire subject sharp without bringing the background into focus.

This one was with a Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM on a 50D body. It was shot at a 47mm focal length with a f/4.5 aperture.

Edited by anime52k8

The Jubei Yagyu figure is available for preorder again! I am so stoked on this one. Thought it was sold out forever.

FIG-MOE-0764.jpg

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&amp.../e_display.html

Also want these two

FIG-MOE-1301.jpg

and

FIG-MOE-1726.jpg

Edited by miriya

The optional hair on that second statue is gorgeous. The chain effect is also something I've been hoping to get on an Ivy Valentine statue for like ever.

@Chronocidal

Does seem expensive for a PVC though but it says it's 1/4 scale. I think I paid $60 even for my 1/6 Poison and she's actually probably more like 1/5 scale because she towers over hot toy/joes/dragon/etc. I'll have to think it over.

Oh my...what an amazing looking Rei statue.

eh... I've never been all that impressed with this one, something about the face just isn't right. also the lack of cast off sucks. now this one looks pretty nice http://www.yamato-toys.com/ec/items/detail.php?gid=1653 unfortunatly it's a rediculously expensive resin kit.

and speaking of Shunya yamashita, I'd just like to restate how much I want this, even though I don't like ikkitousen and particuarlly dislike this character: http://www.amiami.jp/shop/shop?vgForm=Prod...amp;set=english

eh... I've never been all that impressed with this one, something about the face just isn't right. also the lack of cast off sucks. now this one looks pretty nice http://www.yamato-toys.com/ec/items/detail.php?gid=1653 unfortunatly it's a rediculously expensive resin kit.

and speaking of Shunya yamashita, I'd just like to restate how much I want this, even though I don't like ikkitousen and particuarlly dislike this character: http://www.amiami.jp/shop/shop?vgForm=Prod...amp;set=english

Ehh, I don't think that Rei statue needs cast off parts (I realized I seen this figure before except with bandages).

I was really never a big fan of Shunya Yamashita's figures but the ones you linked look exceptionally good.

This one was with a Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM on a 50D body. It was shot at a 47mm focal length with a f/4.5 aperture.

thanks. i was using similar settings, so i guess it's down to either my crappy kit lens, or more likely, my sloppy focus :p

just got a new figure today, canaan. now ignis has a tango partner:

P5022782_IgnisCanaanduel01.jpgP5022781_IgnisCanaanduel02.jpg

P5022784_Canaanshadow01.jpgP5022791_Ignisshadow01.jpg

that jubei yagyu is quite tempting. for now though, this is what i pre-ordered:

c1fcad21f7b0f8b0fe0db8ac27fef5f8.jpg

i missed out on the saber avalon, so this is the next best thing. actually, i like the face on this saber caliburn much more.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is some of my collection, Its a growing one,I only just got the Wave swimsuit Minmay today (which is rad).

Still need some more epic figures/statues aswell.

post-11581-127364015546_thumb.jpgpost-11581-12736402169_thumb.jpgpost-11581-127364026366_thumb.jpgpost-11581-127364031077_thumb.jpg

Bare in mind this all my shelf space i could spare in the Spare room so all my Zoids,StarWars figures/Vehicles/replicias, Rurouni Kenshin Figures are all in storage boxes, I will however take photos of them if anyone is interested.

My room has a couple of statues and busts,but ill take photos of them later.

^_^