ANIME Figures and Statues

MaveRick

Love any figure based off of Tsukasa Bullet's artwork. So far, Megahouse's releases are top-notch. The Shunya Yamashita figures are very nice, too, but that depends on who makes them. I don't care much for the bust figures though. I feel those are incomplete. Why bother making them like that?!

Hey, enough of the "I want" and more of the "I have" please.

This thread wasn't started so web crawlers could post pics out of mags or web sites, it was started to show the REAL (so to speak) thing.

Hey, enough of the "I want" and more of the "I have" please.

This thread wasn't started so web crawlers could post pics out of mags or web sites, it was started to show the REAL (so to speak) thing.

Fair enough. Here are some of my "female fighter" figures collections. :)

Sorry about the blury pic, it is an old photo... will try to take some better photos once I have time.

P1000729figures.jpg

Edited by macrossnake

I needed to see her naked without glasses - my chief criteria for judging any woman of course! :)

Pete

what about naked with glasses? :p

IMG_4075-1.jpg

(Ok, not really naked. I don't need to get in any more trouble... :unsure: )

Well - in Mari's case she just looks very beautiful without the glasses :)

This doesn't always hold true (Nanase being a prime example of beautiful WITH glasses)... but the thick red rims...and their shape...just didn't fit her well....

I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know what kind of character she is of course... :)

Pete

Fair enough. Here are some of my "female fighter" figures collections. :)

Sorry about the blury pic, it is an old photo... will try to take some better photos once I have time.

P1000729figures.jpg

Hey macrossnake,

I've been wanting to get that Kaiyodo Cammy you have but in the light blue or pink variants. How is the quality on that figure? I think I read somewhere that the parts are glued poorly, especially where the legs meet the torso.

I wanted to add pics of the large collection of figures I have, but I'm in the process of packing everything up to put in storage until I can sort out the mess that I have gotten into with an ex-gf. I even got some Detolfs at that last Ikea sale for some of my character figures. I hope I can display them someday.

Hey macrossnake,

I've been wanting to get that Kaiyodo Cammy you have but in the light blue or pink variants. How is the quality on that figure? I think I read somewhere that the parts are glued poorly, especially where the legs meet the torso.

I wanted to add pics of the large collection of figures I have, but I'm in the process of packing everything up to put in storage until I can sort out the mess that I have gotten into with an ex-gf. I even got some Detolfs at that last Ikea sale for some of my character figures. I hope I can display them someday.

HI Sidearmslpha,

My Kaiyodo Cammy is in a great quality. Highly details (no problem with the area between parts, no messy glue), good paint job and great packing.

However I also notice there are many 'un-offical' (QA reject products) CAMMY from HK markets - and I do also own a 'white' version of these 'QA reject" product! (cause I got it from a very cheap price at the time, I don't mind the quality is a bit off)

SO. Make sure get them from some reliable shops. I think that would be fine. ;)

* I don't have the pink or light blue versions. But they do seems to have different type of paint job on their clothes.

Only thing I have at the moment is the big Klan that was a prize a year or so ago. A really nice MW member helped track me one down after they weren't available by normal means.

I WILL be getting the Megahouse Full Armor Klan whenever she comes out. Yummy.

Well my collection is set to grow in a couple of days... Although - mainly figures, not statues. I like my girls poseable :lol: The only statues I have are the Gutto Kuro Minmey and two Yoko's (1/5 doing up her hair and 1/8 with the sniper rifle) - I DO plan on getting the upcoming 1/6 Asuka Langley Shikinami School Uniform... But generally I'm not big into non-posing statues unless they are REALLY REALLY extremely well done renditions of my most loved anime girls...

That said, I am totally into the figma and Revoltech girls - and I'm about to become the happy owner of just about the entire figma SOS Brigade range!! I can't wait.

I'm strangley enough particularly exited about Ryoko san...even though she's a bad girl...and doesn't have much of a role (although she apparently returns in the Movie!)...She DEFINITELY is AAA+ and I really like her :)

But then...I just love the whole cast from that anime :)

Pete

The thing with Kotobukiya Mari is that I'd need to get Asuka and Rei as well...although...maybe not... hmm... Maybe I'll also pick up Mari. I'm already getting Asuka 1/6... Mari is in 1/6 scale here...they'll fit anyways :)

That just leaves me needing a Rei...having seen any that I like yet...well...except for a couple older ones...

Pete

Oh yeah, I managed to snag one of these. I should have it by the end of next week. I'm stoked! I love Yoko! I'll take a pic of it when I get it.

10090289a2.jpg

Hmm... to each his own of course - but as I've mentioned in the Gurren Lagann thread - I am on the side of the "No" faction with regard to this figure. I understand the premise...it's kind of like the 3D EVA girls (who I also don't like) ... I guess I just have no desire for anime characters to look more "real." I prefer it when "real" girls do everything possible to look more anime :lol:

Pete

Well - at the risk of getting kicked around - the body sculpt is wrong IMO too. Her boobs are too small, her ass in not plush enough, she's too tall, and her knees are too big.

Not my Yoko-love-love-yumy doll by a long shot :lol:

Pete

I love the face and the body, but the boobs are "wrong" somehow. For trying to make her a "realistic" figure, the boobs are just too round and "balls tacked on a torso"-like. Yoko's anime boobs are loads better, honestly.

But that face sculpt is hotness.

Honestly I think that costume would be a bit too immodest for her. Plus she doesn't look like the animation so much as I personally think that particular statue looks like her. Well as closely resembling as low detail anime statue faces can be and all. It would be neat though.

She wouldn't do as Yoko; just like she wasn't good as Sheryl. And she wouldn't make for a good Mikuru either. The reason is her body type - she's too slim. This is in no way meant to detract from her utter beauty - but just saying - her body is slim... and actually her face is too. Yoko has Charli Brown cheaks and a big butt and big boobs. Very specific body type.

Pete