ANIME Figures and Statues

MaveRick

well, i never imagined i would ever be buying anime figures.

i think it started with the Macross gashapon cockpits, then the minmay, then the bigger CMs minmay, which was the first PVC i bought.

anyway, it's still just a modest collection and i intend to keep it that way, just focusing on the kick-ass chicks

shiki, motoko, claire:

post-6173-1255969039_thumb.jpg

aozaki and yoko:

post-6173-1255969062_thumb.jpgpost-6173-1255969886_thumb.jpg

sheryl and the 7 dwarfs:

post-6173-1255969092_thumb.jpg

mireille, my all-time favorite assassin. finally scored one after years of search. would've been my first figure if it was readily available then.

still in transit though, so here's just a file pic:

post-6173-1255969011_thumb.jpg

alita: rebirth. loved the design so much i bought the resin kit even if i knew nothing about figure painting. i will build it someday.

post-6173-1255969000_thumb.jpg

moka: awakened. haven't seen the anime at all but thought it was a very nice composition, and the coyest expression i ever saw.

just recently tracked one down and will be here shortly.

post-6173-1255969022_thumb.jpg

still in boxes:

- MH sheryl

- Banpresto klan

- Banpresto ranka

- Deunan Knute, by Wave i think

Ooo, this is a nice one. What's the manufacturer?

as far as i know, it's a GK. got mine off ebay from a seller in thailand. it's up for pre-order at e2046.com, but be prepared for a long wait.

pre-painted versions occasionally show on ebay but at $300 upwards. at one point, i almost caved since to me it was really borderline anime figure and artistic sculpture.

vepariga,

clare remains my favorite of the bunch. paid a pretty penny for it and it didn't help that i was levied 50% customs charge. but other than being the most expensive piece in my collection, it stands on its own merits and i'm very happy with it. have yet to come across another figure that is quite as enigmatic (shiki ryougi comes close but my photo skills just suck).

it was reissued a few months ago so the trail might not be too cold yet. be careful about the knock-offs though, i've seen them and they really don't compare. one thing i've learned from buying this figure is that originals are really worth the premium.

I'm a fan of MUV LUV, so Figma Meiya was a recent must-have:

3956644918_318841c660_o.jpg

Cast-A-Way Toys' Mego-style classic PHANTOM is to her right, and Bandai's Motion-Revive Series KOS-MOS is to her left.

Edited by AcroRay

Is it just me, or is the Figma Meiya a bit more Fraulein-esque than others? Are her boots removable from her feet?---kinda looks like it. Any potential for parts-swapping with Fraulein?

Meiya's the only Figma I have, and the only Revoltechs I have are the Regult and Dougram mecha, so I can't comment in much detail.

Her boots aren't removable, but Meiya' feet are joined to her lower legs with a very tiny revoltech-looking joint that looks to be removable. There's also a rotation point in the toe area to assist a natural foot positioning in A-stance. The upper portion of the boot is molded into her lower calf in her leg.

The boots (used to help interface with the robots they pilot in the game, sort of like Frontier's EX-Gear) makes her really stable, and she'll stand just fine without a Figma stand unless you want her in some sort of leaping pose - which would be out of character for her, anyway.

I was surprised Rob Bricken actually offered a reasonably positive review of her in his typically caustic, lame excuse for a column at ANN. (Astro-Toy: 'Send me a free collector-market toy I'm absolutely not the intended market for, so I can savage its inability to satisfy my needs as an otherwise utterly uninterested consumer.')

My other Meiya Mitsurugi figures, which live in my cubicle at the studio:

Meiya from Muv Luv Extra (the first game). I think this is from an Akane Maniax figure set. I just got her last week via eBay, loose with no packaging. She's standing in a group of Gokin and Revoltechs!

ExtraMeiya.jpg

The Rumbling Angel CCG mascot Meiya. She's a tiny 'bottle cap' style figure. The base has a bit at the back to hold a card.

RumblingAngelMeiya.jpg

That's it for my Muv Luv stuff. I'd love some A3 mecha figures, or some A-brand or M.O.E. Burning character figures. But the former are too expensive (damn Volks!), and the latter would probably not be appreciated by the waifu.

Edited by AcroRay

• 1 month later...

I've got a few figures too, but i always end up putting them away in storage. Its a nice change from my collection of robots, tanks and planes, but some how the figures don't stay on my shelf for long I always take them down eventually. :blink:

Its like i feel guilty for having such figures on my shelf and they aren't even the really sexy type lolz

I've been collecting anime figures for almost as long as I've been going to cons. Some I've had from before that. I have a modestly large collection, mostly cheap to mid range figures. The most expensive I have is an Alter Mitsuru Kirijo from Persona 3, which I got for 70 bucks. Unless you count purchased for me, than that would be the SoC Gunbuster. I rarely have the funds to splurge on the pricey ones, but sometimes I luck out.

You can see the majority of my collection here http://myfigurecollection.net/collection/T...cid=0&tid=0 . Note that they don't have listed everything I own (mostly notably an Asuka bust I have). If anyone's on that site, feel free to friend me.

Say that ain't all of it, Noriko. If that's your whole collection, I have a bigger Gunbuster toy collection than you, and that's just weird.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Those are some seriously nice figs you guys have...jealous :p

I wish my wallet could keep up with my addiction, but I can't justify paying $70-120(why so dang expensive?) for a fixed pose figure these days. There are some that I just MUST pick up at some point though.

Here are the few I do have:

The ones I have room to display

post-9414-1261088870_thumb.jpg

In storage

post-9414-1261088942_thumb.jpgpost-9414-1261089823_thumb.jpg

post-9414-1261089071_thumb.jpgpost-9414-1261089164_thumb.jpg

Those are some seriously nice figs you guys have...jealous :p

I wish my wallet could keep up with my addiction, but I can't justify paying $70-120(why so dang expensive?) for a fixed pose figure these days. There are some that I just MUST pick up at some point though.

Here are the few I do have:

The ones I have room to display

In storage

all the best one's are still in there boxes... :huh:

Stuff in my display cases atm (exludes the myriad of things outside and in storage). :wacko:

LOL, my wife was just poking fun at me about how stupid my glass display was and the stuff I put in there.

Now I have proof I'm not the only one (someone out there have the same glass display as me and the kind of things being displayed)! LOL :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Would this be the place for me to proclaim that Aizu 1/6 Asuka Langley that is coming up this year to be the hottest thing in the universe!? Seriously - I usually have a brief "shiny! must have!" moment with most new offerings of anything...but they fade. But this Asuka...I have a feeling I'm gonna want to have her on my shelf next to my two Yokos.

She's dreamy! And I'm not usually a "fan" of Asuka - in the sense that neither she nor Rei really turn me on...at least not like Miss glug-glug-glug-glug-yyyyyeeeaahh!! Katsugar-san who is by far the hottest of the EVA girls...still...there's just something about this sculpt which makes my jaw drop :)

mtmtg8.jpg

YUM!!

Pete

One of the best looking figure in 2010

Is that figure from an anime? That is one gorgeous figure!

And Pete, I do admit that the Asuka sculpt is probably one of the best I've seen, but I haven't made the jump to NGE figures yet. I'm waiting for a Katsuragi as well. A GOOD ONE that'll make me make the jump.

Is that figure from an anime? That is one gorgeous figure!

And Pete, I do admit that the Asuka sculpt is probably one of the best I've seen, but I haven't made the jump to NGE figures yet. I'm waiting for a Katsuragi as well. A GOOD ONE that'll make me make the jump.

I remember seeing/reading/hearing...dreaming?... that Kaiyodo has made an updated Revoltech Asuka based on EVA 2.0 - I'm hoping that the hair will now be mobile so her head isn't perpetually looking down like the original Fraulein.

The only EVA figures I have (of people) are the Revoltech Frauleins. I agree with you that there are tons of them. I like the Kotobukiya plug suit girls that came out last year too - but not enough to own them.

This Asuka however - she made me fall in love with the girl for the first time since I've known about NGE - which is a pretty big deal! :)

Up until now - I haven't been able to fall for Asuka because she has been either a) talking or b) pushing her breasts and thighs out in a mega-attempt to show how sex she is.

I guess character wise she's the ultimate, albeit unwitting, loli. "Kaji san! Kaji san! Look at me! Look at the bikini I'm getting! Shinji Shinji! mite! mite! are my breats expanding?"

Not sexy.

But this statue is special because I get the feeling it simply captures Asuka turning while running. NOT Asuka TRYING to be sexy - just Asuka being her natural self - and then - man - she is sexy!

It's like Asuka is liberated from her overbearing character in this one statue and is just a beautiful girl.

which is why I like it - and her now :)

Pete

I ended up getting the longcoat Rogue but I haven't opened it up. Not too much to say since it's basically the same as the other release.

I saw they have a RAHDX Dozle Zabi PVC" and "EX Zabi Family Portrait" now. I've been waiting for something like these forever!

maybe a nightclub or two will do for you

So speaks the one on the Avatar mission. :rolleyes::p

Anyway, is wonder feast going to happen this year? Last year it was canceled due to that escalator accident the previous year.

Also Alter is planning to release a fully articulated Kosmos from Xeno Saga. Can't wait for her. :)

But I can't find anymore news on her. :(

Edited by Omegablue