ANIME Figures and Statues

MaveRick

Edit: Ignore what I typed here before, I thought I was in the "workbench" thread.. I think this one is more focused on pre-built collectible figures?  I can't say for sure though, and I feel like I've seen some kits shown in here as well, or at least custom jobs.

Edited by Chronocidal

13 hours ago, pafy6285 said:

Rurouni Kenshin fans, you might be interested with Figurama's 1/6 Kenshin vs Shishio diorama which is now open for PO (limited to 950 pcs): https://figurama-collectors.com/collections/elite-exclusive/products/rurouni-kenshin?variant=31754473275497

Not really into statue territory, but there's only a few really good Kenshin figs out there, and being a long time fan of the series, just have to get his, lol. It's quite expensive though at $1100 USD, (20%, or $220 deposit) but they have payment plans up to 10 months (no interest or fees). Also if you pay thru their CC processor Payfort, they have a $45 discount on shipping. Size of the statue is 60cmx60cmx55cm  so have to look for a big space to display it (by the way, they say the swords are diecast).

PO is still open as of this writing. The last diorama, the Meruem vs Netero (HxH) I believe lasted 7 hours before it was closed.

1Y0A4672-lo-res_2000x.jpg.e9b8c62ca9007577be05dad031aac3d9.jpg

Why is Kenshin leading with his right leg?

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Why is Kenshin leading with his right leg?

Just pasting Figurama's reply regarding this from their FB page. It seems they had a hard time making the left foot to work and also a major factor is the swappable torso for the Battou form, otherwise, if they go with the left foot then they might need a completely different sculpt/figure for that (thus possibly increasing price) :

1. We are Kenshin fans. So much so that during the long period of conceptualizing this statue, we attempted to put Kenshin with his left foot forward. However, no matter what method we attempted, it harmed the overall aesthetic, artistry, and composition of the statue. It obscured too much of Kenshin’s body and clothing, which we did not want to be the case (there is a reason that the Amakekiro Ryu no Hirameki panel in the manga is shown from the back and other unusual angles, for example). As a result, we looked for a compromise so that collectors would still have pose flexibility without compromising Kenshin’s visibility.

2. This statue is our first to feature a complete swappable torso for Kenshin. We are very proud of this achievement and wanted to create a practical way for collectors to post Kenshin performing two of his best moves—Battōjutsu form and the Amakekiro Ryu no Hirameki. In this way, if the statue is posed in Battōjutsu (sword-draw) form, it’s accurate. However, it can also be interpreted as a “balanced” fight, since Kenshin is not on his left leg, he has not “won” the fight, so it is more evenly matched at this specific moment (you might interpret it as “the moment right before Amakekiro Ryu no Hirameki is fully unleashing”). The exact moment of the fight being depicted is also left very ambiguous on purpose. This statue is meant to convey the overall “feel” of the battle, not a specific moment (much like our Eren VS Armored Titan Statue).

3. While working alongside the licensors (who had very strict guidelines) to create a sculpt for this statue, they approved the right-leg pose over the left-leg pose as being a better choice.

4. Although in the manga and anime series Amakakeru Ryū no Hirameki is performed on the left foot (thus making it a “surprise” attack), it is impossible to do this in real life. This is why in the live action movie, they “correct” the attack by having Kenshin on his right leg. We also consulted a 5 dan kendo/iaido martial artist who was a big fan of Kenshin, who confirmed this to be the case.

In the end, with all these factors considered, we chose to pose Kenshin on his right leg. Although this is different than the specific moment portrayed in the manga and anime, we did our best (through professional consultation, licensor discussion, and reviewing the source material) to find a way to compromise the statue’s design and the anime’s fantastical elements with what looked best compositionally and made sense realistically. We know that not everyone will be happy with this decision, and we wish we could accommodate every possibility. However, we do feel we have weighed all of our options and made the best possible decision given the diverse factors involved. We are very proud of and confident in the result. However, We are always here to listen. And as fans ourselves, we very much understand your passion and perspective. I hope that after reading this, you understand more of ours as well . Thank you for listening!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 2:30 AM, pafy6285 said:

Although in the manga and anime series Amakakeru Ryū no Hirameki is performed on the left foot (thus making it a “surprise” attack), it is impossible to do this in real life. This is why in the live action movie, they “correct” the attack by having Kenshin on his right leg. We also consulted a 5 dan kendo/iaido martial artist who was a big fan of Kenshin, who confirmed this to be the case.

That was the point. It was an impossible move that's possible and realized in fiction along with other moves done by various characters (Shishio has a flaming sword fueled by the sweat of everybody he has cut down). Such a cop out answer. I think the left foot stance could have still been done if Kenshin was slightly angled to face forward.

On 2/16/2020 at 1:30 AM, pafy6285 said:

4. Although in the manga and anime series Amakakeru Ryū no Hirameki is performed on the left foot (thus making it a “surprise” attack), it is impossible to do this in real life. This is why in the live action movie, they “correct” the attack by having Kenshin on his right leg. We also consulted a 5 dan kendo/iaido martial artist who was a big fan of Kenshin, who confirmed this to be the case.

Whaaa? Are you telling me that the super powerful sword technique from a shounen anime can't be done in real life? :shok:

Next you're gonna tell me that no matter how much I practice, I won't be able to pull off a kamehameha:D

On 3/3/2020 at 8:16 PM, Lolicon said:

Whaaa? Are you telling me that the super powerful sword technique from a shounen anime can't be done in real life? :shok:

Next you're gonna tell me that no matter how much I practice, I won't be able to pull off a kamehameha:D

Don't be discouraged, I've been practicing Shoryuken for close to 30 years now, and am convinced that one dat I may be able to knock over a paper cup B))

On 3/4/2020 at 3:16 AM, Lolicon said:

Use the anger to turn to Super Saiyan. With mastery, who knows, you can ascend to Super Saiyan 2.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
13 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

Can’t tell the fiancé as we’re suppose to be paying off bills.....

I used to laugh at posts like these -- like, how would you ever hide that monstrosity from your fiancé?  -- but having preordered the Spiral Studios King Ghidorah, I now find myself in the same position.  :unsure:

l4ro25p4em051.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

I'm gonna have to tell my wife it's a futures investment in... the speculative aftermarket value... or something.  :unknw:

2 hours ago, tekering said:

l4ro25p4em051.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

I'm gonna have to tell my wife it's a futures investment in... the speculative aftermarket value... or something.  :unknw:

And is she going to look more, or less impressed than the lady in the photo?:p

that advert is amazing - captures both the awesomeness of the statue and the deep deep crap you are gonna be in when the SO sees the charge on the credit card. Not sure thats what they were going for but all it needs is a speech balloon saying "YOU PAID WHAT!!!!!"

On 6/8/2020 at 4:06 PM, tekering said:

I used to laugh at posts like these -- like, how would you ever hide that monstrosity from your fiancé?  -- but having preordered the Spiral Studios King Ghidorah, I now find myself in the same position.  :unsure:

"But honey, that is a reaaaaaally small asian girl standing next to it, like 65% smaller than normal and you know how small they are normally" :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 3:59 AM, renegadeleader1 said:

Girls Frontline Lee Enfield... Due out around my birthday in October(If I survive that long given my "essential" job occupation putting me at high risk).:unknw:

I think I'll get this one.:wub:

MAE1104-1.jpg

So... I broke down and preordered Ms. Enfield here. One day later I found out she's been delayed until January.