ANIME Figures and Statues

MaveRick

hey guys, got a quick question to those who have ordered from AmiAmi, if you live in the States, can you order figures from amiami with the note "For sale in Japan only." I was thinking of ordering The False Songstress - Sheryl Nome, but there was that disclaimer at the end of the descriptor on the right side.

http://slist.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-9257

thanks in advance!

hey guys, got a quick question to those who have ordered from AmiAmi, if you live in the States, can you order figures from amiami with the note "For sale in Japan only." I was thinking of ordering The False Songstress - Sheryl Nome, but there was that disclaimer at the end of the descriptor on the right side.

http://slist.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-9257

thanks in advance!

I think it just means it's a product of Japan only and isn't meant for sale through foreign retailers. Japanese retailers can sell to customers outside of Japan if they want to though.

The listing for the Marie Mamiya I've got on order says the same thing but I'm not worried about it.

well, not really. but from several angles it does look cross-eyed, or at least what i think they call lazy-eye. judge for yourself:

FIG-KAI-1501.jpg

i think they were going for a coy, come-hither look but then went off tangent somewhere. in this pic it actually looks pretty decent so i even thought of re-buying one, thinking that i may have gotten a fluke paint job. but when i checked several local stores in person, they all looked like the one i sold. for similar reasons i also sold off catwoman because the eyes looked so different from the prototype. in that case, from smoky to beady-eyed, lol!

i also read that this new psylocke is now 1/7 (my perfect scale for figs) compared to the 1/8 v1. i don't know how many and which other figs in this line have also come out in 1/7, but supposedly koto has decided that this line will now be 1/7 for 2013 releases and onwards. i think it's a good move because it's really tough to get the eyes right in 1/8 unless portrayed in the typical big-eyed anime style. rumor has it that some of the earlier figs might get re-released in 1/7 either as a straight upsize, but i think/hope more likely as new sculpts such as with this psylocke fig. keeping my fingers crossed they revisit catwoman.

well, not really. but from several angles it does look cross-eyed, or at least what i think they call lazy-eye. judge for yourself:

i think they were going for a coy, come-hither look but then went off tangent somewhere. in this pic it actually looks pretty decent so i even thought of re-buying one, thinking that i may have gotten a fluke paint job. but when i checked several local stores in person, they all looked like the one i sold. for similar reasons i also sold off catwoman because the eyes looked so different from the prototype. in that case, from smoky to beady-eyed, lol!

i also read that this new psylocke is now 1/7 (my perfect scale for figs) compared to the 1/8 v1. i don't know how many and which other figs in this line have also come out in 1/7, but supposedly koto has decided that this line will now be 1/7 for 2013 releases and onwards. i think it's a good move because it's really tough to get the eyes right in 1/8 unless portrayed in the typical big-eyed anime style. rumor has it that some of the earlier figs might get re-released in 1/7 either as a straight upsize, but i think/hope more likely as new sculpts such as with this psylocke fig. keeping my fingers crossed they revisit catwoman.

Can we Get a bigger Wonder Woman? I love the one I have, I just want it exactly the same but significantly bigger. I still think this is the best Kotobukiya sculpt I've ever seen.

8332360858_1ff4272a47_b.jpg

Wonder Woman by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

yeah, that wonder woman was perfect. and stupid me, it was the one i was too slow to buy.

i'd love a 1/7 re-release. heck i wouldn't mind a 1/6 even.

I'd prefer 1/6 to 1/7. It would match the rest of my collection more. Something crazy like 1/5 or 1/4 would be pretty cool too. :p

damn!

150617.jpg

Kotobukiya_Marvel_Comics_Psylocke_X-Forc

glad i sold my cross-eyed v1 psylocke

I'm waiting to see if Kotobukiya decides to show an Uncanny X-Force 2nd suit variant at Comic Con before deciding on this Psylocke. But she's an easy purchase.

Can we Get a bigger Wonder Woman? I love the one I have, I just want it exactly the same but significantly bigger. I still think this is the best Kotobukiya sculpt I've ever seen.

8332360858_1ff4272a47_b.jpg

Wonder Woman by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

I think the Batgirl and Huntress figures are better than this Wonder Woman sculpt. I think the overly anime face put me off this Wonder Woman. The masks on Batgirl and Huntress probably help a lot. But they are beautiful companion pieces. I can't wait to see the finished version of Black Canary soon.

Edited by JetJockey

I think the Batgirl and Huntress figures are better than this Wonder Woman sculpt. I think the overly anime face put me off this Wonder Woman. The masks on Batgirl and Huntress probably help a lot. But they are beautiful companion pieces. I can't wait to see the finished version of Black Canary soon.

I still prefer Wonder Woman, but a lot of it comes down to me liking her costume design more. The only things I don't care for on Batgirl is the mask and cape. Huntress is better in those regards but her boots bother me and she has that thing going on where from certain angles it looks like she's hyper-extending her arm really badly.

I think my second favorite after Wonder Woman would be Poison Ivy.

Oh, by the way, I know some of y'all here are Bible Black fans, so I thought you might be interested in this. frankly, I'm not shure if I like it or think it's fraked up.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-000783&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_maker%3DDRAGON+Toy%24pagemax%3D30%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

Nothing fraked up about a girl engaging in self-indulgence. By the sound of your post I was expecting to see her tied to a wall or something...

Oh, by the way, I know some of y'all here are Bible Black fans, so I thought you might be interested in this. frankly, I'm not shure if I like it or think it's fraked up.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-000783&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_maker%3DDRAGON+Toy%24pagemax%3D30%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

yep, that's definitely getting into questionable taste territory for sure, IMO. still, i have seen worse...

So I totally just ordered this from HLJ. There's a good chance I'll cancel before it comes out but you never know... :mellow:

Edited by anime52k8

I remember some members noticed this HAW206 in my Video... Sorry, this is a Japanese page.
http://www.amiami.jp/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-3526

(EDIT) I found the English page.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-3526
TOY-RBT-3526.jpg

Edited by antibiotictab

nice Vifam. i think i'll pick that up too.

i saw in one of the anime figure blogs a tank with a few SD style school girls having tea/picnic on it. i want to buy that set but can't find it. not sure if it's a GK. i'll try to find a pic.

edit: found it http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=40540

tf2013_ariake9_ae05_02s.jpg

anyone know where to buy? or perhaps what search term to use on yahoo auctions?

Edited by Major Focker

i saw in one of the anime figure blogs a tank with a few SD style school girls having tea/picnic on it. i want to buy that set but can't find it. not sure if it's a GK. i'll try to find a pic.

edit: found it http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=40540

tf2013_ariake9_ae05_02s.jpg

anyone know where to buy? or perhaps what search term to use on yahoo auctions?

"Girls und Panzer." Use "ガールズ&パンツァー" or "ガルパン."
Those garage kits are one-off, so it is not easy to find out in the auction, I guess.
"Treasure-Festa 2013 in Ariake 9," hm. I went to the venue and shot movie. I hope this one is useful for you.
(Edit) The dealer says he/ she will sell these ones again at Wonder Festival 2013 Summer. It is held on July 28th.
Edited by antibiotictab

Dragon's Crown! They are not just making one Sorceress but another company is making a version just like the artwork. I can't see myself getting two Sorceress figures. But you never know. This first one is hot without going too far. Also, most of the other girl characters will get figures.

post-15104-0-68859900-1374550058_thumb.jpg

Dragon's Crown! They are not just making one Sorceress but another company is making a version just like the artwork. I can't see myself getting two Sorceress figures. But you never know. This first one is hot without going too far. Also, most of the other girl characters will get figures.

Nice. VERY nice...