WHAT'S CURRENTLY SHIPPING OR SHIPPING ISSUES...

pondo

Frankly, considering how fragile the SV-51 looks (and actually IS), I'm kind of amazed it has such a relatively good reputation for quality (compared to things like the VF-1's shoulders). I mean, the main body is fine, but the arms, tails, and wings are all connected by such a complicated system of joints that look really prone to failure.. I'm amazed we haven't seen failures backed up in a mile high pile.

Course.. on the other hand, I suppose you could attribute that partially to being an enemy valk.. I mean, if they don't sell well, no one's going to care if it breaks. :unsure:

The glued parts are a real issue though. I mean, I don't mind things being glued to be stronger.. but it makes repairing things yourself nearly impossible.

Good points. It is surprising to see so few reports of SV-51's breaking since it's release, considering how thin and lanky most of the parts are. In fact, I've only dug up one case of stress marks on the wing hinges in MW.

Fragile and difficult to fix...but pretty.

finally found a ghost booster pack for my 0S thanks to exo! eventhough its being re-release by yamato, with the shitty us-yen exchange rate, glad i was finally able to track one from a fellow mw'er. hope it arrives soon.

I know. I need to pick up a Ghost, but they're going for 80 - 100 + dollars a pop on EvilBay after shipping. Ouch.

They are being re-issued? I hope I can get my set cheap.

I know. I need to pick up a Ghost, but they're going for 80 - 100 + dollars a pop on EvilBay after shipping. Ouch.

They are being re-issued? I hope I can get my set cheap.

tell me about it. i've been looking one for ages! got lucky and chanced upon exo's sales thread and saw he has one for sale.

yup, its up for preorder at 3920JPY over at amiami.

what worries me is when the konig gets released next month. here's hoping for another ems sale from hlj or amiami by then.

Edited by bouncing boy77

Got an 0A on the way. My first one. Honestly, I am terrified to own this toy. I have heard nothing but horror stories about it.

Yes all those stories are true and brought much grief to their owners. The only solution to this problem is DON'T transform it. You can leave it in plane mode with all it's attachments. If you wanna put the ghost booster on it than that's fine but don't mess with the transformation. Oh, and you may have to do an operation to fix the droopy nose and intake gap. Other than that, it's an awesome toy! I hope I didn't scare you more. ^_^

Edited by Muzaffar

Got an 0A on the way. My first one. Honestly, I am terrified to own this toy. I have heard nothing but horror stories about it.

Yeah, the earlier releases were said to be quite problematic.

The latest releases though, while not exactly flawless, have shown substantial improvements in some areas, including the feet which now lock in place, and the "explodium" shoulders are said to be made of stronger plastic this time. The drooping nose issue still persists, but at least in my case, it stays in position in all three modes, except when you disengage the thighs at the intakes during transformation. I'll fix it at some point, but since it doesn't droop in any of the modes, I'll put that in the back-burner for some other time.

tell me about it. i've been looking one for ages! got lucky and chanced upon exo's sales thread and saw he has one for sale.

yup, its up for preorder at 3920JPY over at amiami.

what worries me is when the konig gets released next month. here's hoping for another ems sale from hlj or amiami by then.

I've been wondering when Yamato might release these, since they re-issued the VF-0's. Gotta get at least one for my VF-0A.

Yes all those stories are true and brought much grief to their owners. The only solution to this problem is DON'T transform it. You can leave it in plane mode with all it's attachments. If you wanna put the ghost booster on it than that's fine but don't mess with the transformation. Oh, and you may have to do an operation to fix the droopy nose and intake gap. Other than that, it's an awesome toy! I hope I didn't scare you more. ^_^

Heheh, knowing is half the battle. At least AE will be mentally prepared if he does get a lemon, although I hope he gets a good one. I remember being damn near shell-shocked when the leg peg on my VF-1D's leg arrived busted, because I've never even heard of such a problem before.

Yeah, the earlier releases were said to be quite problematic.

The latest releases though, while not exactly flawless, have shown substantial improvements in some areas, including the feet which now lock in place, and the "explodium" shoulders are said to be made of stronger plastic this time. The drooping nose issue still persists, but at least in my case, it stays in position in all three modes, except when you disengage the thighs at the intakes during transformation. I'll fix it at some point, but since it doesn't droop in any of the modes, I'll put that in the back-burner for some other time.

I've been wondering when Yamato might release these, since they re-issued the VF-0's. Gotta get at least one for my VF-0A.

Heheh, knowing is half the battle. At least AE will be mentally prepared if he does get a lemon, although I hope he gets a good one. I remember being damn near shell-shocked when the leg peg on my VF-1D's leg arrived busted, because I've never even heard of such a problem before.

I would die of a heart attack on the spot if that happened to me. Ha ha!

If I have posted this in the wrong section than I apologize. I got a non-reissue YF-19 today. Long story short, the guy said it was NIB but I am not so sure. For those who bought the last issue 19's can you help?

First, is there suppose to be tape on all four sides?

post-2429-128278833101_thumb.jpg

Second, there is tape behind the arms here. Is that suppose to be there?

post-2429-128278841724_thumb.jpg

Third, this crack was there before I took it out. Is it caused by transforming or do some of the 19's have this issue.

post-2429-128278855858_thumb.jpg

So what do you guys think? Has it been opened and used or were most of the old 19's like this? Thanks

Edited by Muzaffar

oh, wow... :blink:

Muzaffar, going by the position of the crack, I seriously doubt it's QC issue....it looks more like an ill-attempt at transformation. Coz to transform it, u need to pull the cockpit out a bit, then only u bend it.

From the picture, it looks like someone tried to bend the cockpit WITHOUT pulling it out first.

IMO, check back with the seller and asks for explanation. ( or refund if applicable )

edit: don't quite remember about the tape, but if I'm not mistaken, the tapes used by Yamato, the edges supposed to be straight right? The second pic, the edge of the tape looks uneven.

Edited by boyarque

Hi Guys, needed some help here, i purchased an item over ebay.

The transaction was quick, but however there was a problem, the seller did not mention what method he was going to use for postage.

The seller mentioned 12~15 days more or less...

When i called USPS to check, i found out my postage was shipped using first class mail international.

and it could take 6 weeks to 6 mths. and it could be lost in the process and never reach me.

When i first contacted the seller to seek help in checking what methods he used, he never reply.

when i send him a second letter stating i will raise the dispute case then he replied, stating i have choosen the option, whereby initially i had not been given other options. From $24 shipping charges, he claims i paid only $20 shipping charges. and the USPS tracking shows this:

Detailed Results:

Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, August 25, 2010, 10:13 am, CHICAGO, IL 60688

Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, August 18, 2010, 3:31 pm, LAREDO, TX 78043

I think i am about to give up hope on this already... any kind souls can provide me any advice? sorry if i posted this in the wrong section...

I have already raised the dispute in the ebay section.. and i think the amount i paid will contribute to my learning lesson. ( never buy from ebay )

Has anyone purchased a clearance Macross item from Over-Drive recently? Their clearance products description includes the following:

"As this item is part of our in stock item clearance sale we will be giving away extras items such as the Macross Frontier Ichibankuji Mecha Set as well as many more items free with each purchase. Don't miss this chance to get the item you wanted at discounted prices! Note offer is valid while supplies last."

Did anyone get these extras and what where they?

Hiya D_Unit.

Yeah, a few months ago I ordered the three Ichibankuji statues of Sheryl, Ranka, and Klan. As chronicled earlier in this very thread, I had some problems with OverDrive resulting in them closing down my account.

Long story short, I did eventually get my statues along with 3 Mac F microfiber towels. It was quite a frustrating experience with them that time around. <_<

Has anyone purchased a clearance Macross item from Over-Drive recently? Their clearance products description includes the following:

"As this item is part of our in stock item clearance sale we will be giving away extras items such as the Macross Frontier Ichibankuji Mecha Set as well as many more items free with each purchase. Don't miss this chance to get the item you wanted at discounted prices! Note offer is valid while supplies last."

I got three of them when I order the 1/60 yf-22 that was on clearance. They sent me 3 VF-22s none of the quedlaunn-raus.

Hi Guys, needed some help here, i purchased an item over ebay.

The transaction was quick, but however there was a problem, the seller did not mention what method he was going to use for postage.

The seller mentioned 12~15 days more or less...

When i called USPS to check, i found out my postage was shipped using first class mail international.

and it could take 6 weeks to 6 mths. and it could be lost in the process and never reach me.

When i first contacted the seller to seek help in checking what methods he used, he never reply.

when i send him a second letter stating i will raise the dispute case then he replied, stating i have choosen the option, whereby initially i had not been given other options. From $24 shipping charges, he claims i paid only $20 shipping charges. and the USPS tracking shows this:

Detailed Results:

Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, August 25, 2010, 10:13 am, CHICAGO, IL 60688

Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, August 18, 2010, 3:31 pm, LAREDO, TX 78043

I think i am about to give up hope on this already... any kind souls can provide me any advice? sorry if i posted this in the wrong section...

I have already raised the dispute in the ebay section.. and i think the amount i paid will contribute to my learning lesson. ( never buy from ebay )

I'd take the USPS tracking info with a grain of salt. Twice in the last month I have ordered things from SSM and the Track & Trace shows them as only having just left the sorting facility in Jamaica NY when I had them in my hands :blink:

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this is supposed to be posted at the "What's Wrong with my..." thread, but technically, this has nothing to do with defects or damage on a fig, but with the FEDEX delivery.

I recently bought a re-release YF-19 from HLJ and shipped it using FEDEX. HLJ said it took 3 to 5 days to arrive, and I only expected it to arrive today. Thing is, as I checked the tracking number on the site, it said it came to my house yesterday evening, but nobody was home ("customer not available or business closed.") I was actually at home at the time, but didn't hear anyone knock on my door or anything.

Anyways, I checked my mailbox, but couldn't find any card from FEDEX, telling me when they'd come again to deliver the parcel. I usually ship via EMS and am used to dealing with the local post office, but this is my first time using FEDEX.

So what do I do now? Do I email them and ask for them to send it again, or will they automatically resend the parcel the following day?

My apologies if this post doesn't belong here. Please feel free to move it to the relevant thread if necessary.

Thanks.

Sorry if this is supposed to be posted at the "What's Wrong with my..." thread, but technically, this has nothing to do with defects or damage on a fig, but with the FEDEX delivery.

I recently bought a re-release YF-19 from HLJ and shipped it using FEDEX. HLJ said it took 3 to 5 days to arrive, and I only expected it to arrive today. Thing is, as I checked the tracking number on the site, it said it came to my house yesterday evening, but nobody was home ("customer not available or business closed.") I was actually at home at the time, but didn't hear anyone knock on my door or anything.

Anyways, I checked my mailbox, but couldn't find any card from FEDEX, telling me when they'd come again to deliver the parcel. I usually ship via EMS and am used to dealing with the local post office, but this is my first time using FEDEX.

So what do I do now? Do I email them and ask for them to send it again, or will they automatically resend the parcel the following day?

My apologies if this post doesn't belong here. Please feel free to move it to the relevant thread if necessary.

Thanks.

Hey GU-11, I have a home business and FEDEX is makes a lot of deliveries for me, however whether it be domestic or International they have a tendency not to knock or ring the doorbell (Even when I am home). Your best bet is to call your Fedex office with your tracking number and see if they will try a re-deliver or if you can just pick it up. Express. EMS or certified (Signature required) is the only time I hear my door bell go off! Good luck getting your item.

Thanks for the quick replies, guys!

I emailed them and asked for them to reschedule the delivery ASAP.

And what's this about them not ringing doorbells or knocking on doors? How the hell's anyone supposed to know they're here if they just stop the truck at your doorstep like some stalker?!

Gosh, am I supposed to sit there on my front lawn waiting for the FEDEX truck to arrive? Can't believe I paid almost twice the shipment cost of EMS for this kind of service.

Unless the package is marked signature required most drivers don't bother, they'll just drop the package off on your door step, front office, wherever is most convenient for them. Occasionally you get the awesome, hard working, conscientious delivery person who actually cares but they're few and far between.

Unless the package is marked signature required most drivers don't bother, they'll just drop the package off on your door step, front office, wherever is most convenient for them. Occasionally you get the awesome, hard working, conscientious delivery person who actually cares but they're few and far between.

All my purchases from HLJ vie EMS required a signature during delivery, so shouldn't FEDEX do the same, too?

But man, the thought to having a 240 dollar parcel sitting unattended at your doorstep is scary.

All my purchases from HLJ vie EMS required a signature during delivery, so shouldn't FEDEX do the same, too?

But man, the thought to having a 240 dollar parcel sitting unattended at your doorstep is scary.

nope. Fedex and UPS have an option for signature required but it needs to be actively selected, it's not the default option. I don't see it often as even an option on most websites though you can always request it in the "notes" field.

Usually when you put something in the note field in flags the order and someone will actually read it so it might slow the processing down, depending on volume.

What's great is when the package IS stolen. I've heard from a lot of people that the reps they send out to verify the loss will treat the intended recipient as a thief rather than as a victim.

Thanks for the quick replies, guys!

I emailed them and asked for them to reschedule the delivery ASAP.

And what's this about them not ringing doorbells or knocking on doors? How the hell's anyone supposed to know they're here if they just stop the truck at your doorstep like some stalker?!

Gosh, am I supposed to sit there on my front lawn waiting for the FEDEX truck to arrive? Can't believe I paid almost twice the shipment cost of EMS for this kind of service.

If you want to, you can also call up FedEX and find out the nearest FedEX sorting facility where your package is being handled. You can then go directly to the place and pick it up. Either tell FedEx to hold it at the facility or pick it up after the trucks have returned (after 6pm I think)

All you need is the tracking number and your driver's license (or equivalentID). I do this on occaision when nobody is home.

Edited by Vifam7

Great news, everyone!

Well, it seems they work pretty fast. FEDEX delivered my YF-19 this morning, and they actually rang the doorbell this time. Actually, they had to because the price of the item plus shipping was well over the tax-free threshold, and I needed to pay back the customs duties they paid on my behalf.

So, aside from a tear on the back of the box resulting from a clumsy customs officer opening the box for inspection, the Eagle (One) has indeed safely landed.

After all this time, the YF-19 is finally mine! Muahahahaha!

nope. Fedex and UPS have an option for signature required but it needs to be actively selected, it's not the default option. I don't see it often as even an option on most websites though you can always request it in the "notes" field.

Usually when you put something in the note field in flags the order and someone will actually read it so it might slow the processing down, depending on volume.

What's great is when the package IS stolen. I've heard from a lot of people that the reps they send out to verify the loss will treat the intended recipient as a thief rather than as a victim.

Damn, sounds kinda like those guys from insurance agencies who are sent to check if a claim is for real--sensitivity, empathy and EQ are apparently not part of the job requirements. If it weren't for the 500 (local) dollar tax-free threshold where I'm at, I'd prefer shipping via EMS if I can help it.

Edited by GU-11

I used to work at FedEx, I used to bang on people's doors because sometimes their doorbells didn't work. Some divisions of Fedex operate differently (Express, Ground, Home Delivery). I used to get paid by the package I delivered so it was my best interest in getting every package delivered so I made sure when I got to someones house they heard my "knocks" on the door :lol: .