WHAT'S CURRENTLY SHIPPING OR SHIPPING ISSUES...

pondo

Yay, my VF-11 arrived today!!! I opted for the basic shipping method - and ended up with a decent ding in the side of the box. But I'm not a pristine-box kinda guy, and really don't care. Still a great deal from Toy-Wave. If I weren't about to leave to celebrate my 10-year anniversary, It'd totally be out of the box and swooshing around the living room.

• 3 weeks later...

Yay, my VF-11 arrived today!!! I opted for the basic shipping method - and ended up with a decent ding in the side of the box. But I'm not a pristine-box kinda guy, and really don't care. Still a great deal from Toy-Wave. If I weren't about to leave to celebrate my 10-year anniversary, It'd totally be out of the box and swooshing around the living room.

I thought of ordering form there too. Just wasn't sure of the item status cause it didn't say "in stock" but said "offer". Not sure what that means.

Edited by Muzaffar

I just got a VF-0A from ebay being shipped USPS and a VF-1D virgin road from Hobby search being shipped using SAL. It's my first time using SAL and don't know what to expect. Is SAL secure or should I expect a dented and banged up item?

I just got a VF-0A from ebay being shipped USPS and a VF-1D virgin road from Hobby search being shipped using SAL. It's my first time using SAL and don't know what to expect. Is SAL secure or should I expect a dented and banged up item?

i've ordered a number of times from hlj and opted for sal shipping and all of them have arrived with the shipping boxes having little to no dents on the sides. hope this helps!

I thought of ordering form there too. Just wasn't sure of the item status cause it didn't say "in stock" but said "offer". Not sure what that means.

I think that was referring to the sale. All in all, a very good transaction - I'd recommend Toy-Wave. As I said, just make sure to spring the extra couple of bucks for the boxed shipping - if you care about mint boxes.

I,ve never had a problem with toy-wave.com either,great packaging and mint boxes from my experience,s.

They also have some great prices on 1/48,s at the moment aswell!!

Waiting for my VF-1D from hlj.com,s sale !!!

Don,t you dare Yamato me Yamato(the first release Roy/super 1/60 v.2 shoulders #*!# you! the 1/60 VF-11C-both legs fall off,and is less possable than v.2 1/60 @!*# you!!)

Last chance Yamato!!!

my Kadokawa "macross the first #01."manga,196pg softcover/dustjacket goodness!! :) All txt jap. I guess I don,t really need an english translation ;) Shipping to me from hlj.com

Finally my VF-1D came in today but a side of the box was squished. ARGH!!! Damn you SAL and all post offices in general AArrGGhH! On the brighter side, my 1D didn't get a scratch and looks beautiful. Can't wait to show my wife...now I Just have to find time to put the *NO STEP*s all over it. ^_^

Ha ha, yes! This is how you play with a Valk!

My very first ever SV-51 shipped today from HLJ thanks to their Sale. My patients always pays off with these guys.

Heheh, I bought one too! Should be shipping out any day now! 60% off is a steal, considering the original price of the fig. Now if only the Ivanov went on sale as often as the Nora did....

Heheh, I bought one too! Should be shipping out any day now! 60% off is a steal, considering the original price of the fig. Now if only the Ivanov went on sale as often as the Nora did....

Yeah I love the Ivanov color scheme the best but in this case the sale item wins. Now all I need is a VF-11B and I am done with Macross collecting. That is, until the VF-19 comes out. ^_^

Yeah I love the Ivanov color scheme the best but in this case the sale item wins. Now all I need is a VF-11B and I am done with Macross collecting. That is, until the VF-19 comes out. ^_^

I agree. The only thing that kept me from buying the Ivanov was the cost of it at full price. In addition to that, I've also heard of some QC issues like fogged up canopies and floppy joints--hopefully these were resolved in later releases. I'll take the risk at 60% discount, but not at full price.

As for me, all that's left to buy is the YF-19 original color reissue and VF-1A TV Kakizaki. After that, it's hibernation time until Yamato eventually gets the license to make some VF-25's and -27's. B))

Having said that, if Yamato should re-issue a batch of DYRL Super Ostrich's with non-knurled hinge pins, I might consider buying one. And maybe even a Tomahawk or a Defender if I see one on sale.

Maybe it's still a little early to hybernate, after all.... :lol:

The same thing kept me from buying the VF-0S until this most recent sale really. For all the bad press they got, I couldn't understand why the VF-0s never went on sale until just recently, even while the SV-51s were hitting half price and lower. :huh:

As for the Super Ostrich though.. For all you see the Super-O with the arms out, you might as well take the plunge and grab one now while they're still around, and worry about the arms later. I know I got the bad pins, but on the other hand, I don't think I've actually ever taken mine past half gerwalk anyway. :lol:

I might take the opportunity and grab a DYRL Super Max 1A since they're getting re-released, but that'd be my only non-ultraviolent canopied valk then. Course, it'd give me a good excuse to buy one more and round out my full VF-1 squadron. Then the question becomes.. Do I want the stand-alone TV Roy (would be my only real duplicate), a DYRL super Kaki to fill out my Skull squad, or a VE-1 to have one of each type of two seater? ^_^

The same thing kept me from buying the VF-0S until this most recent sale really. For all the bad press they got, I couldn't understand why the VF-0s never went on sale until just recently, even while the SV-51s were hitting half price and lower. :huh:

As for the Super Ostrich though.. For all you see the Super-O with the arms out, you might as well take the plunge and grab one now while they're still around, and worry about the arms later. I know I got the bad pins, but on the other hand, I don't think I've actually ever taken mine past half gerwalk anyway. :lol:

I might take the opportunity and grab a DYRL Super Max 1A since they're getting re-released, but that'd be my only non-ultraviolent canopied valk then. Course, it'd give me a good excuse to buy one more and round out my full VF-1 squadron. Then the question becomes.. Do I want the stand-alone TV Roy (would be my only real duplicate), a DYRL super Kaki to fill out my Skull squad, or a VE-1 to have one of each type of two seater? ^_^

I guess the VF-0S was being sold as a "fixed" re-issue that Yamato (or rather the distributors) hoped new buyers will scramble to buy, and those that got burned by some of the earlier releases might want to make a second stab a MacZero Valk. That's my guess, anyways.

Regarding the Super Ostrich, I think I'll take your advice and grab one when HLJ announces a new sale, and hopefully, the Super Ostrich will be part of that sale. I'll still pick it up at full price if it goes on low stock status, though. I've never been a fan of its head-sculpt anyway and will probably display it in fighter or GERWALK modes, so I guess there's little reason to touch the arms.

I've been wanting to buy an Elintseeker, too, but had to put it in the backburner when Yamato announced the re-issue of the MacZero Valks. I wonder if any of those are still around.

On the whole, I don't collect DYRL figs, but the VT-1 and VE-1 are very nice-looking VF designs, and two of the few non-combative VF's ever designed.

See, I dunno about the VE-1 really... mostly it's just unique and the completionist bit of me screams at me to buy it so I can have both DYRL two seaters.. I don't actually like it as much as the VT-1... except for the design of the fast pack boosters, and the thought of swapping parts around to be creative. ^_^

Doesn't help that HLJ lists it as discontinued, but that sometimes seems to actually mean "We're out of stock, and we forgot to order more."

For the VT-1, I actually would like a spare VF-1D orange head for it.. considering they're all easily swapped, I think that head would look good on it. :)

See, I dunno about the VE-1 really... mostly it's just unique and the completionist bit of me screams at me to buy it so I can have both DYRL two seaters.. I don't actually like it as much as the VT-1... except for the design of the fast pack boosters, and the thought of swapping parts around to be creative. ^_^

Doesn't help that HLJ lists it as discontinued, but that sometimes seems to actually mean "We're out of stock, and we forgot to order more."

For the VT-1, I actually would like a spare VF-1D orange head for it.. considering they're all easily swapped, I think that head would look good on it. :)

Yeah, what attracted me to the VE-1 was that radar thing on its arm and the FAST pack boosters; just looks so intricate and complex.

And you're quite right about HLJ's so-called discontinued status. It listed the TV Kakizaki as discontinued even weeks after Yamato announced a re-release, and I'd kind of lost hope in owning one, until it suddenly appeared on HLJ a couple of weeks ago.

And swapping heads with the VF-1D? Now that's a cool idea! B)) B)) B))

I've now got an extra (if yellowed) cockpit capsule and broken right leg after replacing them with the new ones Yamato/HLJ sent me, but alas, no new VF-1D head. Still, I might be able to recycle those parts--maybe mount the yellowed cockpit capsule on the VF-1S's arm to recreate Roy's rescue scene, and maybe the bum leg can be used for a future diorama simulating repairs being done on a VF-1D in Battroid mode.... Time to go sourcing for some in-scale aircraft carrier crew figs! :D

My SV-51 arrived today from HLJ and I was somewhat disappointed with the shipping quality. Usually an item from them is sealed in a plastic wrapping to keep it shiny minty fresh but this time they just stuck the item in the box with a few bubble pieces. And when I say stuck I mean stuck. There were no gaps on any side to give it some room to move a bit. Could it be because I got it using the 50% off Fedex sale and they cheaped out on the packaging material? So do I have to pay full price to get the excellent shipping treatment? What the hell?

Anyone else got their item form them like that?

Edited by Muzaffar

My SV-51 arrived today from HLJ and I was somewhat disappointed with the shipping quality. Usually an item from them is sealed in a plastic wrapping to keep it shiny minty fresh but this time they just stuck the item in the box with a few bubble pieces. And when I say stuck I mean stuck. There were no gaps on any side to give it some room to move a bit. Could it be because I got it using the 50% off Fedex sale and they cheaped out on the packaging material? So do I have to pay full price to get the excellent shipping treatment? What the hell?

Anyone else got their item form them like that?

Same here. My SV-51 Nora just arrived yesterday (I chose EMS), and it was almost skin-tight in the box, with just a few "air-bags" on top. The bottom left corner got slightly dented, damn it. Luckily it was on the rear corner, so it doesn't look too conspicuous.

BTW, I got Yamatoed again. The hinged that holds the left wing on my SV-51 is split, and it fell right off. Stress marks were all over the hinge. The right wing is still intact, but the hinge also shows minor stress marks.

I emailed HLJ the same day, with attached photographs. I think this time they might have to send me a new one, since the hinge is built into the torso and it doesn't look like it can be replaced. I just hope they won't require me to send the broken one back, as it'll cost me a bit to ship it back to them, and it's way too troublesome.

Most importantly, I shouldn't have to pay extra for receiving a busted fig.

Same here. My SV-51 Nora just arrived yesterday (I chose EMS), and it was almost skin-tight in the box, with just a few "air-bags" on top. The bottom left corner got slightly dented, damn it. Luckily it was on the rear corner, so it doesn't look too conspicuous.

BTW, I got Yamatoed again. The hinged that holds the left wing on my SV-51 is split, and it fell right off. Stress marks were all over the hinge. The right wing is still intact, but the hinge also shows minor stress marks.

I emailed HLJ the same day, with attached photographs. I think this time they might have to send me a new one, since the hinge is built into the torso and it doesn't look like it can be replaced. I just hope they won't require me to send the broken one back, as it'll cost me a bit to ship it back to them, and it's way too troublesome.

Most importantly, I shouldn't have to pay extra for receiving a busted fig.

My box was compressed a little and the flap had this weird dent on it. I guess it went through heat and rapid cooling or something. As for the SV, as soon as I took it out I was like WTF? It felt so "crispy" and cheap. I mean it wasn't at all what I thought it would be. The wings are so thin and fragile looking and the tails are soo loose. The hands don't even hide into the body and the head seems to be misshaped. Naturally I didn't transform it and I just put it back in the box and it's on display. This whole time I was going by the youtube video reviews and photos on the web about how cool the SV is and stuff but it ain't. I am SOO glad I didn't pay full price for this thing. sheesh.

I am soo sorry to hear that you got a broken one and I totally agree that we shouldn't have to pay extra for a friggin defective item.

Edited by Muzaffar

My box was compressed a little and the flap had this weird dent on it. I guess it went through heat and rapid cooling or something. As for the SV, as soon as I took it out I was like WTF? It felt so "crispy" and cheap. I mean it wasn't at all what I thought it would be. The wings are so thin and fragile looking and the tails are soo loose. The hands don't even hide into the body and the head seems to be misshaped. Naturally I didn't transform it and I just put it back in the box and it's on display. This whole time I was going by the youtube video reviews and photos on the web about how cool the SV is and stuff but it ain't. I am SOO glad I didn't pay full price for this thing. sheesh.

I am soo sorry to hear that you got a broken one and I totally agree that we shouldn't have to pay extra for a friggin defective item.

Yeah, talk about bum luck. First the VF-1D, and now the Nora.

The Nora, pretty bird though it is, is far from perfect. The left swivel joint on the thigh on my Nora was pretty loose, and the tailfins seem floppy. IMO, the biggest problem with the SV-51 and YF-19 is that many of the parts are glued together instead of using screws, which makes it a bitch to fix floppy joints.

Frankly, considering how fragile the SV-51 looks (and actually IS), I'm kind of amazed it has such a relatively good reputation for quality (compared to things like the VF-1's shoulders). I mean, the main body is fine, but the arms, tails, and wings are all connected by such a complicated system of joints that look really prone to failure.. I'm amazed we haven't seen failures backed up in a mile high pile.

Course.. on the other hand, I suppose you could attribute that partially to being an enemy valk.. I mean, if they don't sell well, no one's going to care if it breaks. :unsure:

The glued parts are a real issue though. I mean, I don't mind things being glued to be stronger.. but it makes repairing things yourself nearly impossible.