WHAT'S CURRENTLY SHIPPING OR SHIPPING ISSUES...

pondo

I'm STILL waiting on my Macross Quarter to arrive. It was shipped on the 22nd via EMS and in the past, EMS has always only taken 4 days to ship to my house. I'm giving it extra time due to the holidays, but I'm getting worried and I don't even know who I would call or how if I needed to contact EMS.

No, it normally shouldn't take this long. I see you're having the same problem as me. My last status on my package shows:

Dec 22 2:45 - Dispatch from outward office of exchange - TOKYO INTERNATIONAL Branch

Normally, if it weren't for Christmas, I'd have seen a status with the package arriving at the local post office by the 24th or 25th and delivered that same day. I've ordered a lot of stuff and had it shipped via EMS and it's always been 3 or 4 days after departure from Japan. Even if they took a break on the 25th and even the 24th, it should have arrived by now, but still nothing so I'm not sure what's going on.

Thanks for the info, yeah that package has my M&M valks and my VF-1A cannon fodder so I am really looking forward to it. I got the VE-1 which was shipped a few days after wards EMS from HLJ so i have no idea what the hold up is.

Do you guys think maybe the heightened airport/international security (due to the Xmas Day airplane bomber) may be a factor in all of these delayed packages? I feel lucky to have gotten my Quarter from AmiAmi on the 23rd. It only took the standard 3-4 days that EMS usually takes.

Still waiting for the Nora SV-51y, Go Shogun / Macron 1 from HLJ and the Klan Klang Queadluun. But... I did receive my Klan Klang figurine today. Man she's huge, and not just 'on top', really big model. Looks great on my shelf!

I couldn't pass up on the HLJ Yamato sale, so I orderd five 1/60 VF-1x and one of the VF-X2 VF-19A figure.

But when I got my shipment today, I found the packaging of the VF-19A to be badly damaged as if someone carelessly tried to open the packaging box.

post-9743-1262295939_thumb.jpg

post-9743-1262295961_thumb.jpg

post-9743-1262295991_thumb.jpg

The bottom tabs were ripped off completely as seen in the pictures above and they were stuffed into the packaging of a 1/60 valk. :wacko:

Is this something out of ordinary? I live in SoCal, and I've never had problem like these with shipment from Japan before. Although it is my first time doing business with HLJ.

What should be the next course of action, and what's the expected resolution on something like this?

:(

Edited by nanoplasm

Sorry to hear your packaging problem.

I have bought toys from them for over three years, never have shipping/packaging problem.

Are the toys damaged?

I have not checked the actual toy yet.

I am afraid of additional handling of the packaging might 'contaminate' the evidence. :unsure:

You are right, most of people has nothing but positive things to say about HLJ, but a few reported serious problem with the quality of the packaging from HLJ, even back in 2007.

But if this is how HLJ handles their order (ship the crappiest box they have on hand), I will take my business else where.

Why are you asking here :unsure:

HLJ is the one you should be contacting. It doesn't matter what bush lawyer advise you get from these forums as at the end of the day the issue is between you and HLJ.

A lot of people here have ordered with HLJ before, maybe some people had experienced similar problems and gotten final resolution. It wouldn't hurt to seek the advise from the mored experienced others.

Edited by nanoplasm

http://www.hlj.com/faq/q17.html

My order arrived, but it was damaged in shipping.

Please do a careful inspection of your merchandise. If the "damage" is limited to the outer box of the product, such as a crushed corner or bent lid, we ask you to grin and bear it if at all possible (this doesn't happen very often). If actual kit parts have been broken (not just fallen off the runner), or a completed item has been damaged, e-mail us at trouble@hlj.com and we will arrange supply you with replacement parts or a new item (at our discretion) at no charge. In some cases we may request that you return the damaged item to us, but in these cases we will credit you for the postage you pay to do so.

In addition, if you ordered a large item that was shipped by "parcel" class (i.e. there was a light green shipping label stuck to the box that has "Postal Parcel" printed at the top), then you are entitled to compensation from the post office of at least 8,620 yen, but no more than 21,710 yen depending on the weight of the parcel. You do not need to have insured your package to receive this compensation. Exact procedures vary by country, but you should start by taking your order and the shipping box down to your local post office, showing them the damage, and inquiring about the procedure for filing a damage claim. If you happen to take delivery of your package from your mail carrier in person, and there is obvious damage, ask him/her to witness your opening the box, and get the carrier's name to bolster your claim.

Notice to Toy and Model Collectors: While HobbyLink Japan appreciates your business, we regret that we cannot accept requests for compensation or replacement of merchandise due to superficial shipping damage to outer packaging, such as bends, creases, minor crushing, etc. While we carefully package everything we ship in brand-new boxes, some cosmetic damage will occur from time to time with any mail-order service. We will happily replace items if the actual product is damaged, but if you absolutely must have an item with a "mint" condition outer box, we recommend you make your purchase from a shop that caters to collectors.

A lot of people here have ordered with HLJ before, maybe some people had experienced similar problems and gotten final resolution. It wouldn't hurt to seek the advise from the mored experienced others.

As NO ONE here represents HLJ, whatever advise you get is just conjecture on their behalf. As I said contact them and join the world of satisfied HLJ customers when they give you their stock answer referring you to their FAQ of all care but no responsibility.

As NO ONE here represents HLJ, whatever advise you get is just conjecture on their behalf. As I said contact them and join the world of satisfied HLJ customers when they give you their stock answer referring you to their FAQ of all care but no responsibility.

See there, now that's the type of anecdotal feedback I was looking for from other satisfied HLJ customers. :rolleyes:

Thank you for sharing your shopping experience. :lol:

I bought from them 2 years ago and two of my model boxes (Hasegawa VF's) were crushed. I contacted them and they asked if anything on the model its self was damaged. I said no, just the box and they basicallly said "tough poo". I tried reasoning with them for a week, telling them that I collected the figures AND the boxes but kept getting corporate BS responses that said they only care if your item is good and not the box its self.

That was the last time I bought anything from them!!!

BBTS cares more about this sort of thing (and collector's) and they have come thru for me when I had a box arrive slightly damaged.

F^&% YOU HLJ!!!!!

Edited by Macross World Daddy

If you really want a good box to keep just tell them it's for a gift for someone else. That way the will feel more obligated to oblige you even if the product itself is in good condition. I mean at least if you complain maybe some how disciplinary action or maybe a memo will go out to their packaging/shipping section asking for better handling B))

I've been buying from HLJ since like 1999 and I've had no problems personally. These kind of anecdotes always shock and amaze me.

I've been a regular with HLJ since around 2000 as well. I've made hundreds of orders with them and have never experienced anything like what you are showing.

I received a large shipment from Fantofan.jp yesterday consisting of 7 exclusive Masterpiece Grimlocks for collectors here. Two of the boxes were opened. I very much doubt F2F would have opened them so I suspect it was part of routine customs inspection as there was a piece of Australia Post tape on the outer box. One of the tabs on a box was slightly torn. Usually customs leave a note if they inspect boxes tho...

So yeah, I'm REALLY surprised if HLJ caused the damage or shipped a damaged box. Is it possible that the box was inspected? :unsure:

I've bought a lot of stuff from HLJ and what i've bought has always been shiped in sturdy boxes, what slight damage any might have had i believe to have happened during the trip here.

The only situations i've had were:

1 - A missing magnifying glass from a "Clamp Arm with Magnifying Glass" set from WAVE. I emailed them and they sent the part to me, free of charge. Since the actual product package was duelly sealed, i don't think it was HLJ's fault. They responded quickly to my email and the situation was prompltly resolved.

2- A box containing January's Dengeki Hobby was opened by an unknown party. I verified the merchandise at the post office, wich had notified me of the event. No merchandising was missing. Once again, not really HLJ's fault.

My advice to you is to verify your merchandise and, even if nothig is broken or missing, notify HLJ. It's always useful to let them know when this kind of thing happens. If damage has been incurred let them know and make an inquiry about the possibility of replacing it and what steps to take, though from my experience they'll tell you themselves.

Good luck.

Thank you all for sharing the various HLJ experiences. Sounds like I am unlucky getting one of the more fubar shipment.

I've been a regular with HLJ since around 2000 as well. I've made hundreds of orders with them and have never experienced anything like what you are showing.

I received a large shipment from Fantofan.jp yesterday consisting of 7 exclusive Masterpiece Grimlocks for collectors here. Two of the boxes were opened. I very much doubt F2F would have opened them so I suspect it was part of routine customs inspection as there was a piece of Australia Post tape on the outer box. One of the tabs on a box was slightly torn. Usually customs leave a note if they inspect boxes tho...

So yeah, I'm REALLY surprised if HLJ caused the damage or shipped a damaged box. Is it possible that the box was inspected? :unsure:

I've checked the outer packaging for signs of customs inspection, there was no "inspected" label by either out-bound or in-bound customs.

As far as I can tell, the top/bottom original packaging tapes were never broken (no signs of double taping). The outer box still had the original out-bound stamp from Japan, and the US re-routing postal labels are placed on top of the packaging tapes, so it should be the original outer box from HLJ warehouse.

All signs are pointing towards the damage was done at the HLJ outbound warehouse. Which is atypical of Japanese work ethics. :huh:

If you really want a good box to keep just tell them it's for a gift for someone else. That way the will feel more obligated to oblige you even if the product itself is in good condition. I mean at least if you complain maybe some how disciplinary action or maybe a memo will go out to their packaging/shipping section asking for better handling B))

I've been buying from HLJ since like 1999 and I've had no problems personally. These kind of anecdotes always shock and amaze me.

Did HLJ hire some less-than-well-trained temp workers for the holidays? <_<

I've bought a lot of stuff from HLJ and what i've bought has always been shiped in sturdy boxes, what slight damage any might have had i believe to have happened during the trip here.

My advice to you is to verify your merchandise and, even if nothig is broken or missing, notify HLJ. It's always useful to let them know when this kind of thing happens. If damage has been incurred let them know and make an inquiry about the possibility of replacing it and what steps to take, though from my experience they'll tell you themselves.

Good luck.

You are absolutely right, it's expected to have some bending and creasing of the retail packaging during transport.

But I was shocked by the extend of the damaged found on this box, where someone ripped open the packaging and placed the ripped-off pieces inside another toy.

I've sent HLJ the photos and description of the outer box, but with their New Year's break and all, this might take a while for them to get back.

I've never had a problem with HLJ and wouldn't hesitate ordering from them again. I just don't like the shipping prices from Japan and the bad exchange rate right now.

And I throw out the boxes after tearing them open. I want to play with my toys. And quickly at it.

I'm STILL waiting on my Macross Quarter to arrive. It was shipped on the 22nd via EMS and in the past, EMS has always only taken 4 days to ship to my house. I'm giving it extra time due to the holidays, but I'm getting worried and I don't even know who I would call or how if I needed to contact EMS.

Mine also shipped on the 22nd, along with another member here. seems like all our stuff must be in the same container.

Not to defend anyone, but I've ordered tons of stuff from HLJ and had it shipped to me all over the world. No damage at all and I was always amazed at their high tech packaging (compared to everyone else's "peanuts"). My only complaint about them is they're in Japan so shipping is costly, but that comes with the territory. - MT

Hi, was the packing box damaged also? If yes, was it FEDex, UPS or USPS that delivered?

I highly suggest contacting HLJ and providing photos of the evidence. And I hope all goes well with your transactions.

For future reference, since digital cameras are now able to shoot videos, try shooting video of your packages before and while you open them. If you spot any damages you can always have photos and videos handy. But if all are well, you can delete the videos so you don't have to worry about file saving and spaces on your hard drive.

I have not had any problems yet with packaging with HLJ. I do notice dings and torn edges on the actual shipping boxes. Most of the time it's due to shipping...or some lazy employee from UPS, FEDEX or USPS, mishandling the package. Sorry to our fellow couriers, but damn, do pay attention, and stop f****ing around even if you're in graveyard shift.

Good luck and I do hope all goes well!

I'm waiting for the following items from three different sources:

1) Yamato 1/60V2 Hikaru VF-1J with GBP Parts

2) Yamato 1/60V2 Focker VF-1S Strike "Plus" Edition

3) Yamato 1/60V2 Elintseeker

4) Bandai DX Macross Quarter

5) Bandai Robot Damashii Q-Rea

6) Bandai Robot Damashii Alto

7) Bandai 1/250 Collection 2 (1 Box)

8) CMs Drone Legioss

9) CMs Mospeada figure set

I wish we had someone over there that could tell us what the hell is going on with out shipment that we paid EMS prices for.

New Years, it's no joke in Asia, especially in Japan, how do you think I feel? I'm still waiting on my VF-0A and Ghost from HLJ and waiting for a response from OD on what's going to happen with my order that is still "pending" on their "old" site. <_<