Macross Frontier Movie 1,YES it is subbed now edition

sharky

I would personally prefer if the movie tried to compress the series, like what DYRL did. sure, there would probably be a lack of character development, but i don't see the point of making a movie about the first part of the series, and then following it up with another one later on. if that was the case, it would be like merely re-creating the series from scratch. if so, what was the point of the first one?

not only a lack of character development, but a lack of plot. Frontier has about 5 times the plot development that macross had. In the old there was a general idea that the story progressed for humanity as a whole, but this time around every human character has their own discovery of how this thing unfolds. There are so many agendas and conspiracies.

A few bits and pieces from interviews on the Ultimate Frontier bonus UMD:

1) Macross Quarter will be redesigned and an entirely different colour.

2) Reused footage is being touched up - ie, adding more detail to cockpit interiors.

3) Ranka and Altos first meeting will be completely different.

4) At least 1/3 of the footage is new (Am only 50% sure I heard this one correctly - trains were running late this morning so it was pretty noisy as I was watching).

A few bits and pieces from interviews on the Ultimate Frontier bonus UMD:

1) Macross Quarter will be redesigned and an entirely different colour.

Could it be? Did Miyatake drop by and re-design the Quarter? Maybe he saw the show and figured he had a better design to offer?

That would be totally cool! I never really bought the design of the TV Quarter, just didn't have the same aesthetic of the other cap ships. Struck me as far too flimsy to be a viable carrier, transformable or not.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see... B))

I can't say I'm surprised by the changes, as they just offer more opportunities for Bandai to cash in on the show...

Edited by Zinjo

Nifty looking new pack :)

I'm liking how the VF-25 alone is pretty traditional looking, harkening back to the old VF-1 in many way (although it's got some Zero elements in there too), but thanks to all the various super packs, armor packs etc etc, you can give it a different look, depending on your taste.

Very nice. Keeps everybody happy.

Pete

Which magazine is that picture of the new VF-25 pack from?

次月NT新情報

http://imepita.jp/20091007/644040

http://imepita.jp/20091007/644550

http://imepita.jp/20091007/645580

http://imepita.jp/20091007/646070

http://imepita.jp/20091007/646480

http://imepita.jp/20091007/660580

http://imepita.jp/20091007/661030

眉毛様いわく

白黒うさぎはシェリルのこと

シェリルの二面性を暗示するキーワード

NT発売日と同時公開の特報でオズマのセリフでシェリルにスパイ疑惑(新特報?)

シェリルはライブ以外にもなんらかの目的をもってフロンティアへくる

テレビ冒頭よりもわけありな役作りを遠藤さんにしてもらった

アイモやイヤリングの謎も明確になる

ミステリアスな展開&スピード、爽快感のクライマックスの戦闘シーン

画コメ(たぶん編集の人の)

アルシェリ、二人の関係にもテレビシリーズとは異なる変化が

VF25新装備トルネードパック

声優コメあり(まだ未読なので省略)

ポストカードNT既出画で8枚(シェリル、ランカ)

ゲームアルティメットF紹介

最後のFインターミッションはアルランでバサラとミレーヌコスしとる

裏表紙シェリルのピンクモンスーンのジャケ画

入浴シーンあり、

落ちるシェリルをEXギアのアルトが助けるシーンあり(二人で手を伸ばしてる)

あと(何度もごめん)

バジュラ襲撃によって市街を逃げまどうシェリル

アイルランド3のアルシェリ

瓦礫の中のシェリルはステージ衣装

声優アフレココメの一部

遠藤・穏やかで楽しい収録だった

アルトやランカのセリフにうるっとした

中村・深夜までかかったのが初めてで意味なくテンション上がった

描き方が掘り下げられていてわかりやすくなっている

新作カットの多さにビックリした

保志・スタイリッシュなブレラになってる

サングラスかっこいいです(笑)

シェリルがより美しくなっている

杉田・物語後半で「ここで三島かよ!」と多数ツッコミが来そうな場面ある

他、ボビー・グレイス・オズマ・福山・豊口・中島もコメあり

Edited by kresphy

not only a lack of character development, but a lack of plot. Frontier has about 5 times the plot development that macross had. In the old there was a general idea that the story progressed for humanity as a whole, but this time around every human character has their own discovery of how this thing unfolds. There are so many agendas and conspiracies.
It can be done if you focus on only a few of the characters and their view of what's going on. How it unfolds for them. The only problem with that is that there are so many good characters in this show...who doesn't get any development? Who gets thrown in as canon fodder? Something/someone is going to have to get cut...

MF movie, new pack

24582_20091007162955_8719c6d0110602acf11fcd9ff01d98cd.jpg

:o Teh aewsumz!!1! Whenever someone can, I'd love to know what's being pointed out in the picture. Like the thing at the end of the shield.

24582_20091007174729_cac613728332667f6885f85ad4675710.jpg

That's Sheryl in 2 outfits, right? B/C at first I thought it might've been Alto.

Edited by Kelsain

:o Teh aewsumz!!1! Whenever someone can, I'd love to know what's being pointed out in the picture. Like the thing at the end of the shield.

Looks like a cannon on the shield. VF25 will dual wield in battroid mode?

Ok, well I don't read Kanji well, but this is what I can make out:

- The thing connected to the shield says something about "power condenser unit".

- On the front of those boosters at the wing tips, those are engine ports. There's more but can't read.

- Those 3 dark pieces at the front of each wing are micro missile launchers.

- The gray mid-wing units have vernier thrusters on the front and rear

- Beam cannons are pretty obvious

- and then the thing pointing to the rear of the wing says something about a beam blah blah hatch. Can't read..

I for one will be surprised if movie version Alto has that kind of bustline.

dude, haven't you heard? In the movie Alto will be a full fledged chick. :D And the love triangle ends up being a

lesbian Ménage à trois.

Ok, well I don't read Kanji well, but this is what I can make out:

- The thing connected to the shield says something about "power condenser unit".

- On the front of those boosters at the wing tips, those are engine ports. There's more but can't read.

- The gray mid-wing units have vernier thrusters on the front and rear

- Beam cannons are pretty obvious

- and then the thing pointing to the rear of the wing says something about a beam blah blah hatch. Can't read..

Wild speculation theory here:

It's going to be some kind of special armor the whip up to Match the VF-27 (either as a counter to it or to fight vajra like it). The big guns are quantum beam guns, with the "power condenser unit" being a device to draw power from the mech to charge the guns. the wing cover things have extra engines for more power/speed (just like the VF-27 with it's 4 engines), Micro missile launchers just like the VF-27, and it looks like the nacelle over the wing gloves (where the normal boosters go) may have large beam guns (just like the nacelles on the VF-27).

My fixes in bold. It should be obviois that the image is too small and the text is illegible in many places...

- The thing connected to the shield says something about "power condenser cooling or refridgeration unit".

- On the front of those boosters at the wing tips, those are engine pods, with jet and rocket engines.

- The gray midwing superpack parts* have high manueverability vernier thrusters on the front and rear

- (something) style/type (something) Beam cannons x2

- and then the thing pointing to the rear of the wing says beam cooling? refridgeration? hatch

*The image doesn't identify them as such. But that's the name been consistantly applied to them in other materials.

Edited by sketchley

"Wild speculation theory here:

It's going to be some kind of special armor the whip up to Match the VF-27 (either as a counter to it or to fight vajra like it). The big guns are quantum beam guns, with the "power condenser unit" being a device to draw power from the mech to charge the guns. the wing cover things have extra engines for more power/speed (just like the VF-27 with it's 4 engines), Micro missile launchers just like the VF-27, and it looks like the nacelle over the wing gloves (where the normal boosters go) may have large beam guns (just like the nacelles on the VF-27)."

That's a heck of an exciting speculation. :)

Edited by Hiryu

My fixes in bold. It should be obviois that the image is too small and the text is illegible in many places...

*The image doesn't identify them as such. But that's the name been consistantly applied to them in other materials.

cooling/refridgeration beams?? hmmm... Maybe for freezing Vajra?

I can´t see the images :(

I really like the Tornado Pack and of course the new outfits for Sheryl.

And i need to ask, do you think taht the rumor about the movie covering only the first seven episodes is true now? i think all the new information suggests that is true.

Edited by Dash