Macross Frontier Movie 1,YES it is subbed now edition

sharky

Just looking at that last scan and seeing Klan crying tells me there won't be too many changes to the story....

Just looking at that last scan I'm REALLY hoping Alto doesn't end up with Ranka...

Why can't they kill off Luca instead this time? All he does is prey on Nanase - even when she's in a coma.

While it wouldn't hurt my feelings any to see them whack some of the worthless background characters who really went anywhere or had any significant development during the course of the TV series (like Nanase, Luca, and Ranka too if you stop to consider that she doesn't mature at all) in exchange for sparing Michel and allowing Klan to have something like a happy ending, I can't see it happening. It really is a shame, since Michel was at least likable and had a good, though a bit underused, dynamic going with Klan. Luca could just as easily be replaced with a generic background character or simply deleted without adversely affecting the story, and Nanase was redundant in both of her roles, as fetish fuel for Ranka x girl end shippers and fanservice for the guys who like ridiculously big tits, because both roles were filled by more likable characters (Sheryl and Klan respectively). About the best I think I can hope for is Alto to pick Sheryl and leave Ranka to wait tables or something.

Maybe they'll take the EoE Shinji Ikari route with Luca and coma-Nanase this time... it'd be a damn sight better than having to watch him act like Mashymre Cello without the funny.

Come on, we all know the only one that should get blasted to bits is the little green-haired whiner.

Hell yes... all through the series I kept hoping she'd mature a little so I could stop hating her guts, but even by episode 25 I was still fervently hoping she'd get stepped on by a Valkyrie or something. Hopefully the movie'll improve her as a character or get her out of our hair forever... either is good.

*sigh*

Ranka hate is soooo 2008, darling.

:p Hating Ranka isn't a some-of-the-time thing, it's an all-the-time thing! :p

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Just looking at that last scan I'm REALLY hoping Alto doesn't end up with Ranka...

I suppose I can take everything, as long as it doesn't mean Brera wiping the floor with my Alto-hime... My poor forlorn heart couldn't take much more of it last time around.

I never cared for Ranka either. I think it's the way she looks- in particular her hair. And her cheeks are too rosy. It's like she's constantly blushing. I like the sexy vs loli motif but man they could of come up with somthing better for her. She's too goofy looking to compete with someone like Sheryl.

Edited by MastaEgg

but but Alto :blink: ...You'd really have to hate one of the girls, for having her end up with him. I dunno... I guess I'm sort of hoping for a harem ending for Ozma. There's a distinct lack of real men in Frontier after Michels death :unsure:

but but Alto :blink: ...You'd really have to hate one of the girls, for having her end up with him. I dunno... I guess I'm sort of hoping for a harem ending for Ozma. There's a distinct lack of real men in Frontier after Michels death :unsure:

I think a certain Ms. Glass would get "presidential" on any girl in an Ozma harem...

Waaaay to much emphasis on the Ranka and Sheryl in these ads. Looks cheezy like one of those harem anime. <_<

Well I can't remember anything else from the TV series. Some people say that there were Valks in it but I say thats nasty lies.

Taksraven

Well I can't remember anything else from the TV series. Some people say that there were Valks in it but I say thats nasty lies.

Taksraven

Didn't valks made cameo appearance in episode 7, 24 and 25? That's 12% of the screen time, I demand more representation for Valks! :rolleyes:

Google keyword global volume/popularity (search done in Japanese):

Ranka 110,000

Sheryl 165,000

VF-25 49,500

So according to Google, the proper advertisement spread ratio is 1:2:3 (VF-25:Ranka:Sheryl).

For completeness sake, Alto's popularity is 4,400, and Klan is 8,100 (her result is muddy because of other definition for Klan).

Need some Ranka love! :wub:

Personally, I don't see why so many people actually hate her. Hate being a strong emotion for a two-dimensional anime character. I would dispute that she does not have a loli figure, she is a likable young character, and her progression from child-like to mature young woman is quite clear, even as Sheryl leaves behind the glaring show business glitz that kept her cold and unapproachable. 'Bitchy.'

Sheryl has some great qaulities, and I don't dislike Sheryl, but I do root for Ranka to win Alto in the end.

As for Harem endings, they're too easy. To make a choice like at the end of Macross, between Minmei and Misa, is the tough part.

Taksraven

I heard the same thing about some cool transforming stealth carrier, but all i saw was a formation of islands floating in space filled with teenagers piloting Gundams planes and hang gliders with rockets strapped on.

Edited by D.D. Ivanov

MFWPS169.jpg

And if we're using these as possible outcomes, she may end up with Brera! You know, high class star and rogue fighter pilot who may or may not be one of the enemy...

Shery ending up with Brera...

No, no, no,nooooo!!!!

Need some Ranka love! :wub:

Personally, I don't see why so many people actually hate her. Hate being a strong emotion for a two-dimensional anime character. I would dispute that she does not have a loli figure, she is a likable young character, and her progression from child-like to mature young woman is quite clear, even as Sheryl leaves behind the glaring show business glitz that kept her cold and unapproachable. 'Bitchy.'

Sheryl has some great qaulities, and I don't dislike Sheryl, but I do root for Ranka to win Alto in the end.

As for Harem endings, they're too easy. To make a choice like at the end of Macross, between Minmei and Misa, is the tough part.

Agree with you that using terms like "hate" is a bit strong for an anime character.

Having said that, (and I'm sure this has been discussed to death in other parts of the forum) it seemed to me that the team that wrote Macross Frontier at some point just gave up on developing the relationship between Alto and Ranka. They weren't even on screen together for like the last episodes or so.

How much contact did Brera and Sheryl even have in the TV series? I can't actually think of them actually meeting face to face. Brera was a link between Alto and Ranka, and really didn't interact with anyone else. (well, that one time he fought Ozma)

I don't believe they ever met. Making Brera Sheryl's bodyguard to start like he later became Ranka's in the series could potentially do a lot to make him a significant character in the movies.

How much contact did Brera and Sheryl even have in the TV series? I can't actually think of them actually meeting face to face.

True, but there are links between them that, in the movie, could be the basis for more interraction.

1. They're both from Macross Galaxy
  2. They're both being used by Grace
  3. They've both been modified: Brera is a cyborg and Sheryl has the type V infection

It looks like Sheryl role in the Galaxy Conspiracy will be more clearly developed in The False Diva than in Macross Frontier. Brera may well be taken out of the Ranka/Grace bubble in aid of that development.

I don't believe they ever met.

I don't think it was shown on screen. By the time Brera began to watch Ranka as her guard wasn't Sheryl in the hospital?

And Ranka is as awesome as Sheryl, I can totally see Alto choosing her (I actually always thought he would). I don't really think Alto deserves either of them though. The Ozma harem makes more sense to me.

It's true Brera and Sheryl never met in the TV series, and that's why i'm looking forward to seeing what development the two will have in the film adaptation. Plus Brera himself had little to none character development, so there should be some of that.

True, but there are links between them that, in the movie, could be the basis for more interraction.

1. They're both from Macross Galaxy
  2. They're both being used by Grace
  3. They've both been modified: Brera is a cyborg and Sheryl has the type V infection

Maybe Brera is Sheryl's the first love.

So Brera will join triangle.

^^

That's an awesome idea! Say they were falling for each, but Grace couldn't have her two favorite toys falling in love and ruining the plan, so she forces them apart! A whole new storyline could be Brera trying to break from her control to be with Sheryl again. Who knows how much will be changed!?!

And true, Alto and Ranka didn't see much of each other during the last few episodes, but I would put that to Ranka maturing and seeing that there was more than her own concerns, and that she would have to sacrifice them for the greater good. Of course she just got powned by Grace anyway and was set up as the new 'Queen,' falling right into Galaxy's hands... Hence, Alto to the rescue... :rolleyes:

Edited by Thom

Hello!

Well I think Brera and Sheryl never had contact in MF TV but they could at the movie as far as we know.They look good together( I really like Brera :p ) the idea of him being her first love is very very interesting B))

Alto and Ranka didn't look each other often in the last espisodes but Ranka always was in Alto's mind and he was worried about her since first to last episode so that counts.

They look good together( I really like Brera ) the idea of him being her first love is very very interesting

In the comment of MF BD vol.6, EP.16

Yoshino said that the original idea is Brera know Sheryl, because they are both from Galaxy.

But it will make complicated relationship, so give up.

So I really think Brera will join triangle in Movie.

p.s.

There is the Chinese BD comment point:

【Macross Frontier】BD Vol.09

http://www.macross.com.cn/bbs/read.php?tid=37198

【Macross Frontier】BD Vol.07, 08

http://www.macross.com.cn/bbs/read.php?tid=36920

【Macross Frontier】BD Vol.06

http://www.macross.com.cn/bbs/read.php?tid=36889

【Macross Frontier】BD Vol.03, 05

http://www.macross.com.cn/bbs/read.php?tid=36550

【Macross Frontier】BD Vol.02, 04

http://www.macross.com.cn/bbs/read.php?tid=36490