Macross Frontier Movie 1,YES it is subbed now edition

sharky

Well theres no other version listed so the game/Bluray bundle is the only one listed at the moment.

Having said that I doubt there will be a 'regular' version. The game is just a trial and is basically using some of the room they no doubt had left on the disc. The disc price itself is standard Japanese Bluray price - it wont get cheaper than that new.

The version listed is a first pressing and comes with a free piece of film from the movie - similar to Evangelion 2.22 and Yamato Fukatsu-hen.

And those screens look better than ACE R imo. The cell shading effect looks nice as does the resolution. For a freebie trial game im fine with it. ACE R has waaaay too many muddy textures imo.

I don't know... I can appreciate that they spend time working on the details when there's more time to do it in. One thing I appreciate about Macross series is that they really try to give depth to the characters and the relationships they have with other characters. I have to admit, manly tears were shed when Roy and Michael died in their respective series. Powerful stuff... You don't get that in a movie where the story is rushed to fit all of the content in within the alloted time.

I don't know... I can appreciate that they spend time working on the details when there's more time to do it in. One thing I appreciate about Macross series is that they really try to give depth to the characters and the relationships they have with other characters. I have to admit, manly tears were shed when Roy and Michael died in their respective series. Powerful stuff... You don't get that in a movie where the story is rushed to fit all of the content in within the alloted time.

I totally agree...The mecha and battles are great, but that's just one emotion to gain when telling a story. What good is that if there's nothing to tie you to the story? Macross does a great job of adding those other emotions, and getting the viewer involved in the characters, the story, etc. I know people complain about too much character interaction, but it's like a full band. Sometimes you don't realize how key an instrument is, until it's gone from the entire piece.

I would agree with you, in theory, except that the last two eps of the Frontier series were rather rushed, in keeping with the '25' number thing.

Edited by Robelwell202

That's one thing I scratched my head about. Most standard series are 26 eps. Was it really the intention to do 25 eps as a nod to both the 25th anniversary of Macross and that the Frontier fleet was the 25th Macross-class emigration fleet?

That's one thing I scratched my head about. Most standard series are 26 eps. Was it really the intention to do 25 eps as a nod to both the 25th anniversary of Macross and that the Frontier fleet was the 25th Macross-class emigration fleet?

Apparently so. Kawamori seems to have a thing about numbers. As I understand it, all the Mac7 installments had episode counts that were multiples of 7, and MacF, of course, had to end in 25.

Info from Seto Kaiba

Macross 7 was set on the 7th New Macross fleet, on a ship that had a mass that was mostly 7's, with a population that was a multiple of 7, and the show had 49 episodes (7*7)

Macross Frontier was a bit more blatant about it, with the show running for 25 episodes at the time slot 25:25 in the network schedule, set on the 25th New Macross fleet, with the VF-25 and the Macross Quarter (.25)...

Thanks, SK!

Edited by Robelwell202

Sweet, some numbers.

All 9 MF discs: 650,000 sold.

All 7 CD albums: 1,200,000 sold.

Live Concert attendees: more than 200,000.

More than 70% consumption in 1 day in Akihabara. (Totally unclear on the context, let alone if it's the right translation)

The series has had a long life (from 2008.04 to 2010.07 and beyond)

Edited by sketchley

Sweet, some numbers.

All 9 MF discs: 650,000 sold.

All 7 CD albums: 1,200,000 sold.

Live Concert attendees: more than 200,000.

More than 70% consumption in 1 day in Akihabara. (Totally unclear on the context, let alone if it's the right translation)

The series has had a long life (from 2008.04 to 2010.07 and beyond)

I'm hoping that these numbers ensure the continued existence of the Macross franchise. And there's still one more movie to go!

FYI for those stateside MW'ers using Amazon Japan trying to preorder the Hybrid disc.

They will NOT ship outside the country. You need to go through a third party (like Tenso). :blink:

EDIT: LOL. I forgot that Ami Ami also has it.

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=MED-DVD2-07843&template=default/product/e_display.html

Edited by UN Spacy

Ami Ami has it on preorder for 12% discount, which is pretty decent. I preordered mine, will also be waiting for CDjapan, as I usually order my media from them. Oh, and the video for A.C.E looks amazing. MacF, Orguss, Gundam, Aquarion, Full Metal Panic, just looks simply amazing, I got all giddy and all. My wife was impressed as well. I'm in for that.

FYI for those stateside MW'ers using Amazon Japan trying to preorder the Hybrid disc.

They will NOT ship outside the country. You need to go through a third party (like Tenso). :blink:

EDIT: LOL. I forgot that Ami Ami also has it.

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=MED-DVD2-07843&template=default/product/e_display.html

I apologize if this has been covered, I can't find it anywhere here or online, but has it been said that the BR disk will contain english subs?

Thanks!

^ I'm interested in that as well. Another question I have is the Amiami link does have a disclaimer under shop information that reads: "Some items are strictly for sale and use in Japan only. If your order happens to include one(s) that cannot be sold overseas, the sale will be automatically cancelled and you will be notified."

My question is about the Macross name in the US, is that disclaimer implying the possiblity of not being available to ship to the US? Or am I reading too much into that and they ship Macross items over here all the time?

^ I'm interested in that as well. Another question I have is the Amiami link does have a disclaimer under shop information that reads: "Some items are strictly for sale and use in Japan only. If your order happens to include one(s) that cannot be sold overseas, the sale will be automatically cancelled and you will be notified."

It's a general disclaimer. Some items cannot be imported/exported to due import/export restrictions. It's on every page of AmiAmi's English site. If I were to buy a Seburo M-5 pistol made by Poseidon from Poesidon or any other distributor, they would not be able to sell to me due to import/export restrictions on firearms and prop-firearm sales. Other products can also carry that restriction.

My question is about the Macross name in the US, is that disclaimer implying the possiblity of not being available to ship to the US? Or am I reading too much into that and they ship Macross items over here all the time?

You're reading WAY too much into it. If you notice, the hybrid Blu-ray is listed under "Games". Macross Ace Frontier and Macross Ultimate Frontier are also games and guess what: "We're sorry; this item can not be shipped outside Japan". If I wanted a Japanese copy of Windows 7 from Amazon, guess what? "We're sorry; this item can not be shipped outside Japan". What if I want Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for PSP from Amazon? "We're sorry; this item can not be shipped outside Japan". As you can see, it's just software sales restriction. And because the hybrid Blu-ray has a copy of Macross Trial Frontier for PS3, it's software, so Amazon will not import it. Now if Amazon listed it as a movie release, they would probably sell it overseas.

Speaking of which folks, HMV has the Hybrid Pack up for pre-order. Still no sign of the regular Blu-Ray or DVD preorder yet. Do I have to buy the Hybrid pack? <_<

Given the list price is the standard bluray movie list price, I doubt they'll have a bluray version without the "hybrid pack," which in general seems to be a lot of big deal for nothing. It'd be like calling District 9 a hybrid pack because it came with a GoW3 demo. The upside, it does look like all copies will come with film cells while supplies last.

:::crosses fingers:: sheryhl sheryl sheryl ::::

I apologize if this has been covered, I can't find it anywhere here or online, but has it been said that the BR disk will contain english subs?

Thanks!

I doubt that there will be english subtitles. Have not read anything to that effect either.

Since the TV show BDs didn't have subs, I seriously doubt the movie will. I'm sure a sub group will release an HD version created from the BD though.

Yeah, fansubs is how I got the TV series. I would love to support the official product but not to the point of spending money on something I cannot understand :(