Macross Frontier Movie 1,YES it is subbed now edition

sharky

I actually (kind of) watched the camrip yesterday. I was doing other stuff but it was still fun to listen to the songs and get a sense of what the movie is like.

Still excited to see it in high def.

Does anyone know how much money the first film grossed overall in the box office and if that that has any impact on the dvd/blu ray release?

(I do apologize if someone has already posted the overall box office earnings.)

Does anyone know how much money the first film grossed overall in the box office and if that that has any impact on the dvd/blu ray release?

(I do apologize if someone has already posted the overall box office earnings.)

Isn't it still playing in some theatres...? :unsure:

It's already been mentioned in the Scoopda thread and the AX 2010 thread

Hahaha, get your glow sticks out for a wild ride.

To keep on topic, from posts earlier in this thread, it does appear it's still playing in some theaters. That's pretty cool, maybe it shows that this film did well enough. For those that got the lucky chance to see it in a theater, were the theaters packed, half full, or barely full?

Well actually some theaters actually specializes in playing some animes movies well after it's had it's run in the main complexes. It's actually how I got to watch some of the Kara no Kyoukai movies. I've been told that there is one such one in Shinjiku, thought the one I watched my movies were in Ikebukuro.

When I checked a few weeks ago, it had still only started to play in some areas. In particular I remember Okinawa was one of them, it only started showing there at the beginning of this month. I think it's more to do with the number of prints which are making the rounds across the country than it being so popular they extended it. It's certainly not playing in Tokyo anymore, and it was only in Kyoto for a couple of months at most.

Then again, it could be a mix of both. It may have been popular enough to extend the range of release, meaning that originally it may have been a limited release for the largely-populated areas, Kanto, Kansai, Chubu, what have you, then eventually they decided to release it to the other regions. Hmm. I assume we would have heard an announcement about a DVD/BR by now if it hadn't been for that. So in a way it's a good thing.

When I checked a few weeks ago, it had still only started to play in some areas. In particular I remember Okinawa was one of them, it only started showing there at the beginning of this month. I think it's more to do with the number of prints which are making the rounds across the country than it being so popular they extended it. It's certainly not playing in Tokyo anymore, and it was only in Kyoto for a couple of months at most.

Then again, it could be a mix of both. It may have been popular enough to extend the range of release, meaning that originally it may have been a limited release for the largely-populated areas, Kanto, Kansai, Chubu, what have you, then eventually they decided to release it to the other regions. Hmm. I assume we would have heard an announcement about a DVD/BR by now if it hadn't been for that. So in a way it's a good thing.

Well, that would explain the rather long wait for the DVD release.

I'm glad to see that it's doing well in Japan.

Well, that would explain the rather long wait for the DVD release.

I'm glad to see that it's doing well in Japan.

Didn't Kawamori said they were reworking some stuff for the DVD release à la Evangelion 1.11 ? That would explain the long wait, because the movie still being in theatre does not necesarrilly prevent its home video release.

-Sergorn

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been posted before, it's a video of the stage greeting by the staff and cast:

There are two other videos from the same show but none of them show any interviews or anything worthwhile. Unless you like cross-dressing, that is.

Not sure if this has been posted before, it's a video of the stage greeting by the staff and cast:

There are two other videos from the same show but none of them show any interviews or anything worthwhile. Unless you like cross-dressing, that is.

Is Kawamori the guy standing on the right?? I only ask because although that really looks like him, there's no way that man is 50 years old!:D

情報をまとめてみようか

・公開は早くても冬

・コンテと台本は上がった

・新キャラは出ません

・ナナセは出ます

・惑星での空戦有ります

・デュエット曲有ります

・予告は当てになりません

Eh, what red Super VF-1? What trailer? Links?

Graham

It wasn't a trailer it was three very short clips a la "See You Next Decuture" at the end credits of the first film. Starts with a mystery VF-1 with fast packs (Red & Orange in color) raising on the launch deck of the Quarter, cut to Ranka doing Kira then to anther quick shot of the Konig Monster in battroid mode in space and all kinds of crazy fighting behind it then it ends with a new design of the Battle Galaxy with still shots of Ranka and Sherly in front of it wearing wedding dresses making it hard to see. I could be getting a few details wrong I'm going off of memory.

Edited by Save

You missed Sheryl leaning on Alto and singing to him seductively. ^_^ Followed by him looking quite out of it with a flair on the earring.

Just finished watching the "infamous" camrip, and while I didn't understand everything due to lack of subs, I got enough to still highly enjoy it. The characters seem a bit more balanced and everything is naturally a bit more focused. Though it's obvious this is for fans since the background characters didn't get much of anything. Hopefully, I'll like it even more once the real version comes out and gets fansubbed.

Definitely intrigued by the red VF-1.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

I'm surprised how long it has taken for this movie to get from cinema to DVD, is this typical for movies in Japan? American movies are usually in stores within a few months.

yeah i know lol, I mean it seems like Eva 2.22 didnt have this long of a gap before its blu-ray/dvd treatment.

I'm surprised how long it has taken for this movie to get from cinema to DVD, is this typical for movies in Japan? American movies are usually in stores within a few months.

The movie had a slow nationwide release in Japan. It only opened to a small number of theaters originally and expanded as the months went on. IIRC, it was still expanding back in March 2010. Unlike some other anime movies which had larger releases, this movie had a smaller, more drawn out release as opposed to a wider release.

Could somebody who's got the camrip, please post a screenshot of this mystery red and yellow VF-1?

Graham

Ok i'll do it.

I got the camrip just to see the Ranka and Sheryl ending image and this red valkyrie so i skipped everything to the end :p i just hope we can get a release date for the DVD soon.

post-5833-127909263774_thumb.jpg

post-5833-127909265807_thumb.jpg

Ok i'll do it.

I got the camrip just to see the Ranka and Sheryl ending image and this red valkyrie so i skipped everything to the end :p i just hope we can get a release date for the DVD soon.

Thanks Dash, much appreciated.

Maybe it's not Basara (although I hope it is).

Maybe it's Ozma, as he's a big Fire Bomber fan and he's gonna fly out and do his best Basara impression.

Graham

Thanks Dash, much appreciated.

Maybe it's not Basara (although I hope it is).

Maybe it's Ozma, as he's a big Fire Bomber fan and he's gonna fly out and do his best Basara impression.

Graham

Maybe Mr. Bilra has bought Basara's legendary Valk as a part of his collection?

That'd be a VF-19 though, not a VF-1.

By this point in time, I'm pretty sure VF-1's would be permitted for personal ownership, though obviously minus the weapon systems (wasn't there a specific civilian version available?). While it might be something from that old zent's collection, I have no trouble believing Ozma could have a personal tricked out VF-1 for stunt flying.

Actually.. then again, I just had a really, really goofy thought.

Since Sheryl seems to get the monster in this one, what if Ranka winds up flying out in this? :lol: Probably piloted by someone else, but still, I suppose it's possible.

Probably much more likely though that Ozma's VF-25 gets completely trashed in this one, and he pulls out the VF-1 for his gung-ho "I will protect Cathy!" rampage.

That'd be a VF-19 though, not a VF-1.

By this point in time, I'm pretty sure VF-1's would be permitted for personal ownership, though obviously minus the weapon systems (wasn't there a specific civilian version available?). While it might be something from that old zent's collection, I have no trouble believing Ozma could have a personal tricked out VF-1 for stunt flying.

Actually.. then again, I just had a really, really goofy thought.

Since Sheryl seems to get the monster in this one, what if Ranka winds up flying out in this? :lol: Probably piloted by someone else, but still, I suppose it's possible.

Probably much more likely though that Ozma's VF-25 gets completely trashed in this one, and he pulls out the VF-1 for his gung-ho "I will protect Cathy!" rampage.

They had VF-1Js, VF-1As (D7), destroids out the yin-yang (including a Monster!) in civilian hands by the 2040s, so there's no problem with it being a civilian one. Heck, by that point the VF-4 and VF-5000s are probably surplussed out too.

Ozma...he just attaches a sound booster to his VF-25S! The sunglasses he wore (Basara-style) were a bit much the last time he did that, though...

(It was in a joke manga in Macross Ace)

Yeah... like Talos said, there were already plenty of VF-1's in civilian hands prior to the events of Macross 7 in 2045. Plenty of 'em were clearly former military models that had been surplussed out, and there was also a dedicated civilian-use model off the VT-1 Super Ostrich platform. I don't think removal of the weapons systems was mandatory though, since the Destroid Monster in civilian ownership was still armed... as was Milia's red VF-1J, which even had super parts right up until Gamlin "borrowed" it and it got shot down.

I'm kind of leery about that Fire Bomber-esque paintjob. I could really do without having Basara derail the movie while the cast tries to pound sense through his malformed four-inch-thick skull.