Predators in 2010

Vermillion21

i caught this on DVD last week, I enjoyed it overall, i might have had a different opinion if i spent $12 to see it, but for a $1 rental, it was a good watch of mindless entertainment. When the Pred teamed up with the Humans it brought me back to the old AVP arcade game days, when the predator was the "good" guy and in a way they showed that presented with the right situation even a predator could ally with a human. If the AVP movies never happened i wouldn't hate the concept of that alliance happening, unfortunately AVP movies did happen and now i never want to see any future for that franchise.

i caught this on DVD last week, I enjoyed it overall, i might have had a different opinion if i spent $12 to see it, but for a $1 rental, it was a good watch of mindless entertainment.

Well put. I'd like to own this on Blu-ray but I'm waiting for it to drop a bit. I liked the movie, but not THAT much...

I just watched this movie too, and it wasn't that bad. It was a lot better than some of the cross-over films. I don't know if anyone is still interested in talking abou tit, but tactics aside (It's a hollywood movie - everyone shoots from the hip), it was a decent action flick. BHD is probably one of the few movies that had realistic battle scenes, and this movie can't compare in those terems....I mean, c'mon, a hand held mini-gun?

I thought the sword fight was okay. It sort a pays tribute to the original, when what's-his-nuts stays behind, drops his tac-vest and tries to have a knife fight with the predator. The sword fight scene could definitely have seen improvement(the yakuza should have been portrayed as a bit more skilled with the sword - wait for the pred to attack, rather than swinging wildly like a person who's never picked up a sword), but casting realism aside, it was cool that it was in the movie at all.

Edited by peter

• 6 years later...