Currently Oblivion on Blu-ray and just about anything directed by John Carpenter (with a few exceptions).

-b.

The Thing and Big Trouble in Little China are definitely not among his movies I would consider guilty pleasures. They're just flat out great.

My latest guilty pleasure has got to be Deadliest Warrior. It's dumb, moronic, over-acted... and yet, I love watching what these weapons can actually do. Movies have long dulled me to the damage potential of being shot with an arrow (just yank it out) or hit with a baseball bat (shrug it off and pop some painkillers).

Watching what damage these things can do? Impressive and eye-opening... even if the rest is eye-rolling ^_^

The Thing and Big Trouble in Little China are definitely not among his movies I would consider guilty pleasures. They're just flat out great.

those films are effi'n AWESOME...

I'm following the final season of Dexter... much more shame building up than pleasure though

And John Carpenter is a genius, even his weakest movies can be considered masterpieces in regard of the majority of today's productions.

I'll have to disagree with the lot of ya, Little China is a terrible film, and I love it. "The Thing" is pretty good and I like it too though.

Big Trouble in Little China has its tongue so far into its cheek, it's awesome. Carpenter's The Thing is one of the best reimaginings/remakes ever produced; it takes a classic, albeit mediocre, sci-fi/horror B-movie flick and reinvents it into a tour-de-force in creepiness... pure win!

The Black Hole, it is a misfire of a movie to be sure but VINCent steals the show.

This was one of the first movies I have a memory of seeing. I was living with my family in upstate New York at the time. We went to an outdoor theater and there were fireworks after the film. The Cygnus is one of the few spaceships that impressed me with its physical presence. I don't know if it was because I was so young, but few sets are as spooky as that one. It still gives me goosebumps today. And I thought the movie worked well as a Disney fantasy.

Condorman is another great guilty pleasure. Sure, the storyline was cheesy as hell, Michael Crawford and Oliver Reed wasted their talents on it, and it was a critical and financial failure, but it's a piece of your childhood you simply can't let go of.

I think pretty much ANY movie with Oliver Reed counts as a guilty pleasure...

Beverly Hills, 90210

Loved it in High School, even more in college. Those kids were just a few years older than me. I was actually depressed when Brandon got his DUI. Also when Steve was cut off from the trust fund.

I think my guilty pleasure is far worse than anyone in this thread.

Beverly Hills, 90210

Loved it in High School, even more in college. Those kids were just a few years older than me. I was actually depressed when Brandon got his DUI. Also when Steve was cut off from the trust fund.

I think my guilty pleasure is far worse than anyone in this thread.

I love the movie Gigi (not that movie with Jenifer Lopez, Gigi, the one with a full grown woman in a french schoolgirl outfit)

Escape from L.A. is a masterpiece?

it is indeed...

:ph34r: whoop, my bad indeed. :ph34r:

i had gotten ESCAPE L.A. and ESCAPE NEW YORK mixed up. i was tired or something.

ESCAPE from NEW YORK, now there is a true Masterpiece of a film, IMHO.

now, ESCAPE from LA... well, not quite...

Edited by Shaorin

Escape from New York is not a GP... That movie was terrific.

The movie "The Skulls."

I have been in a few fraternal organizations... The fantasy of it is hilarious when you are on the inside.

My only real guilty pleasure is disco. Yes, I admit it, I like disco music!!

Me too!

Although I gotta admit, I initially got into it just to hear people say, incredulously, "You like DISCO!?!" Eventually, I told some girl that I liked disco and she said, "Oh, retro."

So then I started digging Yoko Ono.