'Dunno about "guilty", 'cause I'm shameless and unrepentent in my geekdom, but those things most likely to make people muse "What's wrong with you?":

- Spacehunter, Adventures in the Forbidden Zone, 'cause anything with Michael Ironside in high camp mode is good by default

- Highlander 2, the umpteenth re-edited edition, 'cause anything with Michael Ironside in high camp mode is good by default

- Xanadu, 'cause Gene Kelly rocks, Olivia Newton-John was hot, and watching Michael Beck is like watching an oak desk try to emote

- Uzumaki (movie, not manga), 'cause it's like Lovecraft and Cronenberg creating a Japanese love child

- Dungeons and Dragons RPG, 'cause you can never have too many dice

- Kanu from Ikki Tosen, 'cause hot women with polearms... I should just stop there

... and why is Dire Straits a guilty pleasure? Mark Knopfler is an exceptional musician.

For the benefit of those who do not wish to slog through the long version....

The Short Version:

My guilty pleasure: NOT FEELING GUILT!

-------------------

The Long Version:

I'm kind of like Penguin. I have many pleasures; and feel guilty about none of them.

In fact, the only thing I feel guilty about is mundane stuff like breaking the law sometimes...

Not the Natural Law, but often times the positive law which violates the Natural Law anyways, but the problem is that one of the precepts of Natural Law is the necessity of submitting to positive law in general since one of the laws of nature is the recalcitrance of Man which seems to necessitate law in the first place, given that the alternative is the Oresteia. Still, when positive law ceases to consciously reflect the Natural Law, this becomes problematic.

Other than that, I like Ping Pong, sun bathing, and going to the city to take photographs of women when they use the toilet...

Wait...

that's from Borat....

Let me rephrase that...

I like to eat. There - that's one of my "guilty pleasures." It's also one of the reasons I had to start working out. If I'm going to eat, smoke and drink as much as I do (though I have hardly touched any alcohol in two months...all because of me now being a driver)... then I need to be working out - so I do....once a week... But dag do I like to eat. And I like girls :) Lots of different girls. I like girls who don't cost more than a three course meal at my favorite Chinese joint :)

Hm... in terms of sci fi stuff...

It's kind of akward to be asked to confess a guilty pleasure related to sci fi on a board dedicated to Macross in a thread dedicated to oogling over anime :) ...

So...what can I say? I dunno... I like the Star Wars prequils? I enjoy watching all six Star Wars movies from Phantom Menace straight through Return of the Jedi? I find that they fit flawlessly together and are well done? Would that count?

What else?...

I think Toppa Tengenn Gurren Lagann is the greatest anime, and greatest show ever made? That is apparently not an opinion held by all people?... so ... it could be my "guilty pleasure" ... though..again..I don't feel guilty about it....

This is a hard topic to discuss.

Oh - ok - I know:

Edited by VFTF1

For the benefit of those who do not wish to slog through the long version....

The Short Version:

-------------------

The Long Version:

I'm kind of like Penguin. I have many pleasures; and feel guilty about none of them.

In fact, the only thing I feel guilty about is mundane stuff like breaking the law sometimes...

Not the Natural Law, but often times the positive law which violates the Natural Law anyways, but the problem is that one of the precepts of Natural Law is the necessity of submitting to positive law in general since one of the laws of nature is the recalcitrance of Man which seems to necessitate law in the first place, given that the alternative is the Oresteia. Still, when positive law ceases to consciously reflect the Natural Law, this becomes problematic.

Other than that, I like Ping Pong, sun bathing, and going to the city to take photographs of women when they use the toilet...

Wait...

that's from Borat....

Let me rephrase that...

I like to eat. There - that's one of my "guilty pleasures." It's also one of the reasons I had to start working out. If I'm going to eat, smoke and drink as much as I do (though I have hardly touched any alcohol in two months...all because of me now being a driver)... then I need to be working out - so I do....once a week... But dag do I like to eat. And I like girls :) Lots of different girls. I like girls who don't cost more than a three course meal at my favorite Chinese joint :)

Hm... in terms of sci fi stuff...

It's kind of akward to be asked to confess a guilty pleasure related to sci fi on a board dedicated to Macross in a thread dedicated to oogling over anime :) ...

So...what can I say? I dunno... I like the Star Wars prequils? I enjoy watching all six Star Wars movies from Phantom Menace straight through Return of the Jedi? I find that they fit flawlessly together and are well done? Would that count?

What else?...

I think Toppa Tengenn Gurren Lagann is the greatest anime, and greatest show ever made? That is apparently not an opinion held by all people?... so ... it could be my "guilty pleasure" ... though..again..I don't feel guilty about it....

This is a hard topic to discuss.

Oh - ok - I know:

Weak. GTFO!

My guilty pleasures are ...

Macross 7

Alien 3

Predator 2

Messing with my students' minds.

Knight Rider (original)

Top Secret!

Matrix 2 & 3

Cooking Mama

Edited by Max Jenius

Knight Rider (original)

I do believe I'm going to have to second that one. Heck, I even liked the new one.

Dungeons and Dragons RPG, 'cause you can never have too many dice

Third (and 3.5) Edition, yes. 4th Edition, not so much.

I do believe I'm going to have to second that one. Heck, I even liked the new one.

The thing about it is... many of the eps are surprisingly well written. The ones that aren't... well you can sit back and laugh at the camp factor. Or laugh at how Michael goes for the ugliest chick in the episode 3/4 of the time.

The thing about it is... many of the eps are surprisingly well written. The ones that aren't... well you can sit back and laugh at the camp factor. Or laugh at how Michael goes for the ugliest chick in the episode 3/4 of the time.

You mean the old one or the new one? The old one is pure camp (in a good way) for me, but if you mean the new one, I agree. There was so much conspiracy stuff going on with Michael's past that they barely scratched the surface of.

I'm going to agree on both counts. All three counts when we include 4E, since I don't like that much.

Another of my guilty pleasures: classical music. When people talk about how they like "the classics", I know I've got 95% of them beat by at least two centuries ^_^

Another of my guilty pleasures: classical music. When people talk about how they like "the classics", I know I've got 95% of them beat by at least two centuries ^_^

If that's a "guilty" pleasure, I think you've got your priorities out of whack. Mahler, Bach, Beethoven, and Debussy are people whose music I'm proud to say I love...shitty J-Pop singers, not so much.

If that's a "guilty" pleasure, I think you've got your priorities out of whack. Mahler, Bach, Beethoven, and Debussy are people whose music I'm proud to say I love...shitty J-Pop singers, not so much.

I draw the line at any blank-pop singers. Spears, Perry, urm... that other one, Aguleria-something. I honestly think they're all interchangable.

And it's not my priorities that are out of whack, blame the rest of society! :lol:

I draw the line at any blank-pop singers. Spears, Perry, urm... that other one, Aguleria-something. I honestly think they're all interchangable.

Agreed. My guilty pleasures aren't QUITE that guilty...I did like Tiffany when I was a kid, though.

And it's not my priorities that are out of whack, blame the rest of society! :lol:

Point. ^_^

Weak. GTFO!

My guilty pleasures are ...

Macross 7

Alien 3

Predator 2

Messing with my students' minds.

Knight Rider (original)

Top Secret!

Matrix 2 & 3

Cooking Mama

Alien 3 and Predator 2?, I am also guilty of liking those

and the final destination series....also got a soft spot

for the horror genre, excluding scifi originals, those aren't scary

just cheap and laughable.

Frankenfish.... *shudder*

I'm going to agree on both counts. All three counts when we include 4E, since I don't like that much.

Mahler, Bach, Beethoven, and Debussy are people whose music I'm proud to say I love

You guys still have me beat by a century and a half, but if we're going to talk classical music, I've gotta throw in my props for Wagner and Tchaikovsky.

I admit my new Thursday night guilty pleasure is watching Special Ops Mission

This is supposedly an unscripted "war-game" scenario where one special ops guy goes and completes some specified objective while being opposed by a team of 4 or 5. He's like a real life Solid-Snake.... minus the nano machines and boss fights.

Of course, I find the unscripted part hard to believe, based on some of the stuff that happened on missions my small intestine tells me some parts were heavily scripted indeed. But it is mildly entertaining. I wish they used some weapons other M-16/M-4's, since I the simunition matches a 5.56 round, then why not also use FAMAS or G-36? :)

That, and I like Fringe.

Used to be that way for me too. I've found 4th edition grows on you after some time... it's good for high action campaigns. Deeper storytelling ones, we default to 3/3.5.

Tell that to my friends. They think its 'old people' music. And that's coming from a bunch of thirty somethings.

Guess I'm an "old" thirty-something then (come to think of it, being almost 39, I suppose I am). "Brothers In Arms" was huge in my teenage years, especially with "Money For Nothing" played everywhere. I suppose if that led you to their earlier, blues-ier work it doesn't sound so much like rock anymore... might be interpreted by some as "old people" music. Or maybe they were stuck on new wave or hair metal or something. :lol:

You guys still have me beat by a century and a half, but if we're going to talk classical music, I've gotta throw in my props for Wagner and Tchaikovsky.

Oh yeah...I love Wagner, too. For a long time, I thought I was an opera fan...then I realized I really just liked Wagner and some Verdi and Mozart.

- Anything with Jean Claude Van Damme in it

- The YSR 50 motorcycle

- The Gameboy Micro (love it WAY more than my DS)

- Typing long papers and studies in my iPhone (I type 78 words per min on it)

- Making people, especially punk kids, feel uncomfortable in elevators by standing really close and staring

- Chick flicks (some of em are pretty good) (16 Candles and crap like that)

Used to be that way for me too. I've found 4th edition grows on you after some time... it's good for high action campaigns. Deeper storytelling ones, we default to 3/3.5.

4th is good if you use the mini's to really get a handle on combat and whatnot. If you don't use minis or play-by-post/IRC, then you're hosed.

- The Gameboy Micro (love it WAY more than my DS)

The Micro is awesome!

As for me, Alien 3, the last 2 Matix flicks, Michael Bay's Transformers flicks. I'm sure there's more.

I have to agree with some of the other stuff posted though, I never thought of Dire Straits as a guilty pleasure, they were a really good group and were pretty damn huge.

The Micro is awesome!

I own two, and plan to pick up a few more if I see them on eBay for cheap. I don't ever want to be without one. I think the DS was a huge move in the wrong direction.

You mean the old one or the new one? The old one is pure camp (in a good way) for me, but if you mean the new one, I agree. There was so much conspiracy stuff going on with Michael's past that they barely scratched the surface of.

Old one! I mean, they're all campy, but some were actually quite good. The ones that sucked at least had powerful camp factor to make them entertaining. Didn't like the new one that much. Transforming KITT bugs me. (No, I didn't like the old pursuit mode either)