Fire Bomber Music

Renato

HEY EVERYBODYYYYY!! HIKARI WO MEZASEEEEE!!

Yep, picked up this bad boy the other day. I went into Animate hoping they would have it along with any extra poster or whatever, but apparently all their stock was sucked up by the preorders and they had nothing to put on the shelf!

I decided to go into another shop and they had a few copies, and best of all, the poster too! I feel so dirty having gone into Animate for no purpose.

Also, the release date was supposed to be the 14th, but when I went the shop the display said the 13th, so I guess Kresphy wasa right, it came out a day early. Like Ultimate Frontier, in fact... Hmm.

So here are the pics of all the kind of related stuff I've bought in the past few weeks... Which is a lot more than I have purchased in the rest of the year so far!

I've been listening to the album constantly so far... Great, great stuff. My favourite song at the moment is Magic Rhapsody, but I also like Daimon and Waiting for You. The best thing about the CD is the "real" liner notes written by then-and-now producer Shiro Sasaki, and the "fictional" ones, by Akiko Hojo, both looking back on the last 15 years from the perspective of 2009 and 20060 respectively.

Most interesting to me is the revelation that Basara never actually came back to Macross7. In fact, he is still wandering the galaxy even in 2060. The album was put together through the Galaxy Network, so essentially Fire Bomber are still not exactly "reunited".

DANGAN SOOOUUUUULLLLLLLLL-AAAAaaarghh!!!

post-1318-1255674797_thumb.jpg

post-1318-1255674823_thumb.jpg

Edited by Renato

HEY EVERYBODYYYYY!! HIKARI WO MEZASEEEEE!!

Yep, picked up this bad boy the other day. I went into Animate hoping they would have it along with any extra poster or whatever, but apparently all their stock was sucked up by the preorders and they had nothing to put on the shelf!

I decided to go into another shop and they had a few copies, and best of all, the poster too! I feel so dirty having gone into Animate for no purpose.

Also, the release date was supposed to be the 14th, but when I went the shop the display said the 13th, so I guess Kresphy wasa right, it came out a day early. Like Ultimate Frontier, in fact... Hmm.

So here are the pics of all the kind of related stuff I've bought in the past few weeks... Which is a lot more than I have purchased in the rest of the year so far!

I've been listening to the album constantly so far... Great, great stuff. My favourite song at the moment is Magic Rhapsody, but I also like Daimon and Waiting for You. The best thing about the CD is the "real" liner notes written by then-and-now producer Shiro Sasaki, and the "fictional" ones, by Akiko Hojo, both looking back on the last 15 years from the perspective of 2009 and 20060 respectively.

Most interesting to me is the revelation that Basara never actually came back to Macross7. In fact, he is still wandering the galaxy even in 2060. The album was put together through the Galaxy Network, so essentially Fire Bomber are still not exactly "reunited".

DANGAN SOOOUUUUULLLLLLLLL-AAAAaaarghh!!!

I'm picking up my copy tomorrow at Kinokuniya (along with the Super Dimension Anthem and Macross Chronicle), but yeah...I downloaded it this afternoon. I've listened to it three times so far, and I like it a lot, too. Suprising that some of the songs are definitely more rock than a lot of the original Fire Bomber songs, while others are far poppier. I'm with you on your favorites (Daimon especially shows they can really nail a twisty rocker), and I really like all the Mylene songs and duets (let's face it...there's no shortage of Fukuyama material. Having Chie so involved, on the other hand, feels like the appearance of a rare comet or something).

And Basara never went back to Macross 7...? Well, THANK GOD the love triangle has been resolved! :p So all the Frontier shippers need to do is wait fifteen years, and maybe they'll get a resolution as well... ^_^

Even more surprising, Ray didn't drag Basara back after getting the bill for the "borrowed" VF-19P...

Still waiting for the Pink Monsoon single before mine ships.

Edited by Keith

Continuing to wait for my copy of ReFire to ship... don't know what is taking so long, the order has been in 'preparing order' stage for almost a week now... I might have to give them a call.

EDIT: It was shipped this morning, finally! Now I play the waiting game... again.

Edited by Master Dex

Wow, it seems these fictional liner notes are interesting. Anyone is willing to translate them?

My copy of Re:Fire FINALLY came a couple of days back. Great album overall.

Its funny how Firebomber have pretty much transitioned from a fictional band to a real one. Definately awesome but also one of those only in Japan things, hahaha.

While Burning Fire is by far my fave new track, I must confess that both it and Dangan Soul sound considerbly better live imo. Dangan in particular gets a much heavier rock treatment than it does on Re:Fire.

I was more into the whole Fire Bomber thing back in the day, when Macross 7 was still kind of fresh on fansubbed VHS tapes. At the time, I tried to track down some Humming Bird and some of Chie's solo stuff, but aside from Humming Bird's 1*2*3 and Unsweet albums, I was largely unsuccessful.

That's not going to stop me from weighing in with my opinion, though. As someone who grew up on 70's and 80's rock, Macross 7 had the most appealing soundtrack I'd ever encountered in anime. In general, I don't collect anime soundtracks, because I don't usually care for pop music. Macross has had catchier music than most animes, and when I was in college and had more disposable income and an burning desire for all things Macross I collected all the Macross soundtracks I could find (all pre-Zero). But it seemed like I only really enjoyed Fire Bomber.

With that in mind, I think the stuff on Let's Fire!! and Second Fire!! is a little over-produced, and the stuff they recorded as Humming Bird (at least on the two albums I had) was a little raw. Dynamite Fire!! was probably my favorite because it was a little cleaner than their Humming Bird stuff, but it sounded less commercial and more like Humming Bird.

I think I'm going to give Re.Fire!! a try.

With that in mind, I think the stuff on Let's Fire!! and Second Fire!! is a little over-produced, and the stuff they recorded as Humming Bird (at least on the two albums I had) was a little raw. Dynamite Fire!! was probably my favorite because it was a little cleaner than their Humming Bird stuff, but it sounded less commercial and more like Humming Bird.

I agree completely.

I think I'm going to give Re.Fire!! a try.

Based on what you said above, I think you won't regret it. ^_^

You should also check out "Fukuyama Fire!!" That's one of my all-time favorites, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone translate the liner's?

The songs are awesome. I like the -AD2060- of Totsugeki a lot.

So which songs are completely new? All of them besides Totsugeki and Burning Fire from the game?

Why is the -AD2060- on only some of the songs?

The Revival of Fire Bomber 2009 concert will be awesome.

Well, THANK GOD the love triangle has been resolved!

Notes said that? I thought she was still unmarried by the time of Frontier.

Damn. I'm loving all these songs. So they all are "written" in 2060 for this revival?

Edited by BadTroll

Can anyone translate the liner's?

The songs are awesome. I like the -AD2060- of Totsugeki a lot.

So which songs are completely new? All of them besides Totsugeki and Burning Fire from the game?

Why is the -AD2060- on only some of the songs?

The Revival of Fire Bomber 2009 concert will be awesome.

Well, THANK GOD the love triangle has been resolved!

Notes said that? I thought she was still unmarried by the time of Frontier.

Damn. I'm loving all these songs. So they all are "written" in 2060 for this revival?

Maybe.

Yes, they are. Me too.

Most of them. And "Love It," which is from "Let's Fire!!"

Because those are the only "self-covers" on the album.

Yes, it will.

No, the notes didn't say that, but if Basara didn't go back to the fleet, the love triangle couldn't continue, right? Why do you think she's unmarried?

Me too. I guess so.

No, the notes didn't say that, but if Basara didn't go back to the fleet, the love triangle couldn't continue, right?

So by resolved, you meant that they remained single. Which is a resolution, your right. A. Basara, B. Gamlin, C. Single. C it is.

Why do you think she's unmarried?

Cause Basara never came back. ;)

So by resolved, you meant that they remained single. Which is a resolution, your right. A. Basara, B. Gamlin, C. Single. C it is.

Well, I'm not sure if it's addressed at all in the liner notes, because I haven't read them yet, but think about it: Mylene was sixteen at the end of Macross Dynamite 7. Most people don't remain celibate and single just because they didn't go out with the their big crushes at 16.

It's fifteen years later. A lot could've happened. Either way, though, we know she didn't end up with Basara.

I'm just saying that she appears single and unmarried as of 2060

Does it say anything about her relationship status in the liner notes? Or are you using some other source? I keep hoping she'll eventually show up in Macross 7th Chord (which I believe is set in 2052) but I'm not sure she will.

Isn't she still called Jenius by Frontier? That manga is considered true, right? I don't think there has ever been anything suggesting she got together with anyone beyond those wedding pics which are obviously dream sequences or something.

It's possible she never changed her name, or that she is involved with someone but that would be nothing but baseless speculation with less support. It would be akin to me saying Basara got macronized and is wandering with Emillia. They never said he didn't, so it's possible! So we default to their status as being single as the probable truth until otherwise enlightened. It's not that unlikely that your not married by 30, or at all.

Kawamori is far too epic a troll to ever flat out resolve anything though.

This reminds me of a picture.

http://www.nioutaik.fr/images/dossier28/crea5.jpg

Isn't she still called Jenius by Frontier? That manga is considered true, right? I don't think there has ever been anything suggesting she got together with anyone beyond those wedding pics which are obviously dream sequences or something.

It's possible she never changed her name, or that she is involved with someone but that would be nothing but baseless speculation with less support. It would be akin to me saying Basara got macronized and is wandering with Emillia. They never said he didn't, so it's possible! So we default to their status as being single as the probable truth until otherwise enlightened. It's not that unlikely that your not married by 30, or at all.

True, true. But all we've got to go on are the Re.FIRE liner notes, right? I dunno...she might be single, she might not. Who knows? And who can say he knows?

Kawamori is far too epic a troll to ever flat out resolve anything though.

I wish people would stop calling Kawamori a "troll"...I really don't get what's it's supposed to mean anymore... :unsure:

Unless I'm mistaken there hasn't been anything about Fire Bomber's fate besides this(Which could use a Translation) and an obscure manga mention/homage of Mylene. If there was anything suggesting any of the characters are involved I'm sure someone would have brought it to our attention by now.

:p Kawamori is a Good Troll. His series is excellent, but he still incites rage and leaves us hanging on things. 15 years and we're still wondering about this. I could hear an audible /facepalm from the frontier fanbase when the triangle was left unresolved. We still don't got a better answer about wtf happened to Megaroad-1, beyond 'a wizard did it'. Him using the meta-fiction idea to get by with not remembering his input for consistencies sake is another thing (Although in the end that doesn't matter so much since the stories are still true/based on the history of the world. He just has less to worry about in keeping scenes consistent or coming up with answers to his rabid fans.)

I like his trolling better than Tite Kubo's. Kubo doesn't know what the hell he's doing anymore.

All these years later, and I still have not seen Macross 7.

Finding a good english dub is very difficult.

As soon as that day comes, I'm there.

I've heard mixed things about Macross 7, but honestly, it's still Macross and I'm stoked to get into it.

I really enjoyed the soundtrack for Zero, and Frontier. I'm very, very eager to hear Macross7 with all this firebomber hype.

dpart_1_page_14.jpg

I was asking if it's official before remeber?

Edit- Nvm, Kawamori wrote it. :p Perfect chance to hint whether or not she was married there so I'm going with no.

Why not check out the subbed version? A dub will never come out. It would cost an arm and a leg to get the writes with all the music and stuff involved in the series.

I really enjoyed the soundtrack for Zero, and Frontier. I'm very, very eager to hear Macross7 with all this firebomber hype.

Macross 7 has the best music in the series. I don't remember a song I didn't love. Check out Angel's Voice, definitely.

Edited by BadTroll

You'll be waiting a long, long, looooooooooong time...

dpart_1_page_14.jpg

I was asking if it's official before remeber?

Edit- Nvm, Kawamori wrote it. :p Perfect chance to hint whether or not she was married there so I'm going with no.

Kawamori didn't write that...Kawamori has actually written very little Macross.

I've heard mixed things about Macross 7, but honestly, it's still Macross and I'm stoked to get into it.

The chances of finding a good dub of anything Macross related after Plus is zero so just find a decent sub, unless that is what you meant.

Macross 7 varies from person to person, but Fire Bomber is just awesome no matter what.

The chances of finding a good dub of anything Macross related after Plus is zero so just find a decent sub, unless that is what you meant.

Macross 7 varies from person to person, but Fire Bomber is just awesome no matter what.

BOMBAA!!

Yes...I've been listening to Re.FIRE daily since it's come out, and I think it's impossible to deny that Fire Bomber now is better than they ever were before (except maybe the Dynamite 7 stuff...but that's a big maybe.)

BOMBAA!!

Yes...I've been listening to Re.FIRE daily since it's come out, and I think it's impossible to deny that Fire Bomber now is better than they ever were before (except maybe the Dynamite 7 stuff...but that's a big maybe.)

Wah.. I still don't have ReFire... I think something got messed up with my shipment. It was shipped 10 days ago and I still don't have it. It has never taken me this long to get something from Japan or Hong Kong (it is Hong Kong in this case). I sent the people a message to let them know I am still waiting on the shipment.

I have only heard the songs on Youtube... and I can't download a torrent in the meantime because my school's internet setup blocks Torrents.

They have gotten better. The Duets are much crisper.

I know I've said this many, many times before, but I really think the "less-produced" sound of the new album is the real reason it sounds so good. They also use the synthesizers in a more interesting way than on the early albums. And, as you say, the duets are great.

KUJIRA!

KUJIRA! Omae ni aitai ze

KUJIRA!

Yet another unreleased Fire Bomber song... ;)

Then he gave his approval? I did a quick check but the author and creator turned up as Kawamori. I guess it could mean in general, though. It's still official though, right? I don't see why we wouldn't take it as such unless he said not to.

I still don't know what you are talking about. Is it Mylene Beat, as Gubaba appears to be assuming? I think Kawamori had almost nothing to do with that.

But that's all beside the point, Mylene Beat takes place in 2047 and tells us nothing about her marriage status circa 2060.

But hey...now that we know what happened to Fire Bomber as of 2060...I wonder whatever happened to the Jamming Angels? :p

Jamming Birds, Gubaba. And as long as we're wondering whatever happened to pop idols, whatever became of the Milky Dolls?

I know I've said this many, many times before, but I really think the "less-produced" sound of the new album is the real reason it sounds so good.

Agreed. It's a more natural, less commercial sound than Let's Fire!! or Second Fire!!, but not as raw as Humming Bird. Like they've hit their sweet spot.

I still don't know what you are talking about. Is it Mylene Beat, as Gubaba appears to be assuming? I think Kawamori had almost nothing to do with that.

But that's all beside the point, Mylene Beat takes place in 2047 and tells us nothing about her marriage status circa 2060.

Nah, he linked to the Frontier manga...but I also think Kawamori had almost nothing to do with that, as well.

Both the Frontier comics and novels throw in a TON of homages and references...far more than the show did. But I don't get the feeling the Kawamori is proofreading the texts to make sure everything lines up with some kind of grand vision.