Fire Bomber Music

Renato

Author(s) : KAWAMORI Shoji

Artist(s) : AOKI Hayato

Official Creator is listed as Kawamori and it's advertised as an official adaption. Of course, I don't know how much he was involved either, but it's official material never the less. And incase I'm confusing anyone, they don't say anything regarding her status... just that her name is still Jenius.

Official Creator is listed as Kawamori and it's advertised as an official adaption. Of course, I don't know how much he was involved either, but it's official material never the less. And incase I'm confusing anyone, they don't say anything regarding her status... just that her name is still Jenius.

I have all four volumes of the Frontier comic in front of me right now (just bought Volume 4 today!), and Kawamori's name ain't on them. It just says "Manga: Hayato Aoki."

Besides, Kawamori didn't write a single episode of Frontier, so why would he write the comic? He wrote episode 36 of SDFM and I believe that's it as far as official Macross scripting duties ever went.

It's still official though.

And who the hell actually writes the script then I wonder? Maybe they have some kind of frontier notes/guidelines to go by when adapting it or people to check it and approve?

Someone mentioned Macross Chord or something before that happens in 2052, what exactly is it?

It's still official though.

And who the hell actually writes the script then I wonder? Maybe they have some kind of frontier notes/guidelines to go by when adapting it or people to check it and approve?

Hayato Aoki writes the script for the comic, as well as does the art. That said, a lot of his script comes verbatim from the script of the show (all the episodes were written by Hiroyuki Yoshino).

I assume it's probably his editor's job to approve it, but it may not be anyone's job to check it against the show. The comic (like the novels) tells a VERY different version of the story.

Someone mentioned Macross Chord or something before that happens in 2052, what exactly is it?

Macross 7th Chord (or Code...nobody's really sure yet) is a comic in Macross Ace magazine. It's hard to tell yet if it's any good or not. And I *think* it happens in 2052...I'm not sure yet. All they've said is "Seven years after Macross 7," so it could be anywhere from 2052-2054.

I finally am able to listen to all the songs of ReFire, not because my CD finally arrived, no I am still waiting very aggravated for that to happen. I can listen now because a download that isn't a torrent is finally available (by markcell unsurprisingly). Since I have it on the wait (supposedly) anyway, this will do for now.

BOMBAA!!

Even if you care to take the manga as canon, just due to brand identity if nothing else most famous female performers keep their own name on marriage. I would expect her to still be called Mylene Jenius in 2059 even if she married Basara, then Gamlin, then Isamu before finally settling in with some guy we've never heard of before. Likewise, even if Ranka fell into a black hole next week I wouldn't expect any "Sheryl Saotome" references in future sequels.

Even if you care to take the manga as canon, just due to brand identity if nothing else most famous female performers keep their own name on marriage. I would expect her to still be called Mylene Jenius in 2059 even if she married Basara, then Gamlin, then Isamu before finally settling in with some guy we've never heard of before.

Or maybe...

post-939-1257386578_thumb.jpeg

;)

FINALLY!!! My ReFire CD finally arrived today. Figures it would come a day after I downloaded an online copy. Murphy's Law is my life.

Having listened to everything at least once, this is an amazing album. Here is to more Fire Bomber as time goes on!

We really should get some translations of those liner notes, I've heard some things but I'd like to read it all too.

• 3 weeks later...

I was actually thinking about this... and a further problem would exist in which usually big stars don't change their last names... so even if Mylene DID get married, her name doesn't have to be something other than Mylene Jenius.

But you know, unlike Frontier, where it felt like the love triangle was THE STORY... after rewatching Macross 7 and Dynamite 7, I don't feel its the same case. Basara really doesn't have an interest either way... he wants people to understand his heart and soul! That's the point of the story... Mylene growing up is only a side-tale...

And 2060 AD Totsugeki Love Heart sounds wonderful! I really hope they make some sort of cameo of the Fire Bomber reunion in Macross Frontier's second movie. I'd love to hear even a snipit on the Galaxy Network mentioning it. That alone would be awesome!

(One wonders why Basara never shows up to try and make the Varja LISTEN TO HIS SONG!)

And 2060 AD Totsugeki Love Heart sounds wonderful! I really hope they make some sort of cameo of the Fire Bomber reunion in Macross Frontier's second movie. I'd love to hear even a snipit on the Galaxy Network mentioning it. That alone would be awesome!

Well...as Renato said, technically, it's NOT a reunion, since Basara never came back to the fleet. :)

By the way, as Renato also said, not only do they have in-universe liner notes and real-world liner notes, they also have in-universe credits and real-world credits.

The in-universe ones are kind of funny...

I was actually thinking about this... and a further problem would exist in which usually big stars don't change their last names... so even if Mylene DID get married, her name doesn't have to be something other than Mylene Jenius.

But you know, unlike Frontier, where it felt like the love triangle was THE STORY... after rewatching Macross 7 and Dynamite 7, I don't feel its the same case. Basara really doesn't have an interest either way... he wants people to understand his heart and soul! That's the point of the story... Mylene growing up is only a side-tale...

(One wonders why Basara never shows up to try and make the Varja LISTEN TO HIS SONG!)

The true love triangle of 7 was Basara, Sivil, & Gigil, and really, after Sivil, would you settle for Mylene?

So who is going to the Revival concert tonight?

According to Fukuyama's site, there will be hoodies and tshirts available :-).

I really hope they get the sound mix right this time. I dont think I could deal with another scowling Kajiura for 2 or 3 hours ^^;

I'll be there!! What time you going?

I'll be there!! What time you going?

Am planning on getting there about 4:30ish since I dont think there will be a huge line for merch (its a smaller concert after all). Dunno how many white guys will be there but Id guess not many so I'm probably pretty easy to spot. If anyone sees the tired lookin gaijin with the camera and the PSP, itll be me, lol.

"Sashays"?

And last time I checked, the Tokyo venue was the CC Lemon hall. Isn't that a fairly large locale? The Kansai one is Zepp Osaka, where Franz Ferdinand played last week. I would say this is a fairly big event, maybe not Budokan, but nonetheless.

What are the T-shirts like, by the way? :)

Edited by Renato

"Sashays"?

And last time I checked, the Tokyo venue was the CC Lemon hall. Isn't that a fairly large locale? The Kansai one is Zepp Osaka, where Franz Ferdinand played last week. I would say this is a fairly big event, maybe not Budokan, but nonetheless.

What are the T-shirts like, by the way? :)

Sorry, I typed "asshats" and my iphone "corrected" it. Seriously, people with half a dozen shirts. It was ridiculous. It looks like they got a few more boxes in after the concert but id already gotten a grey firebomber hoodie so that will do.

As as venues go, CC Lemon Hall is tiny. Bigger than Zepp but smaller than Tokyo International Forum. 2084 seats. We crammed more people than that into the last Mayn concert and that place didnt even have seats! lol.

The shirts that sold out were black with the big red fire bomber logo on em - great stuff. Hopefully they'll go on sale online at a later date.

As for the concert - there were still some sound issues, but overall it was great! Will post more detailed impressions later.

We did have one very important special guest tho - the flower girl!

Well, I was just checking Fukuyama's website, and they uploaded the set lists for both shows.

I was kind of annoyed to find that they performed one more song in Tokyo than in Osaka, and that song was "Waiting for You", which is one I was really looking forward to hearing! I feel kind of ripped off now. How can they leave out a brand new song from the set list?? If anything leave out something like Planet Dance or Seventh Moon. I'm glad we got Magic Rhapsody, but still....

I'm wondering if it wasn't a last minute change or something. Fukuyama mentioned his voice was kind of coarse and he did seem to be in an unnaturally high key (or perhaps just singing in a different voice) in most of the songs for this performance. In fact, he screwed up a few guitar riffs, most noticeably the closing strumming section of Submarine Street, which I was shocked at.

So overall, it was nice to see Chie and Fukuyama together, but I have been to see him six or seven times before and this was probably one of the few times I have been ever so slightly disappointed. He still rocks the house, especially during the improv/band-member-solo sections which just fill me with awe every time, but I have to wonder if he didn't overdo it in Tokyo the previous night.

The Fukuyama banter was funny as always, though. I love the way he was like "Yeah, we did that big concert a while back, what was it? The Cross-something live? Yeah, whatever." Also Chie Kajiura telling one audience member to shut up. :p

The shirts that sold out were black with the big red fire bomber logo on em - great stuff. Hopefully they'll go on sale online at a later date.

Unfortunately -- even though I got there early -- they didn't even let us inside the damn place until 5 minutes before the show, because I had tickets no. 1213 and 14... I only had time to use the bathroom (after waiting outside in the freezing cold by the harbour for about one and a half hours), buy my compulsory drink and rush in.

By the time the concert ended I checked but all the exclusive stuff was gone and all that remained on sale were the old Macross 7 albums and some Fukujin DVDs.

The T-shirts and stuff I didn't care for, I saw people wearing them and they looked rather plain, so I felt no loss (besides, I have my awesome "burning guitar" design T-shirt from the Nekki Basara tribute concert in 2005). What I was really after was the "Rebirthday Tripper" DVD which is basically a documentary on the making of the "Rebirthday" album. It's 1500 yen for 20 minutes, which is not the best deal ever, but I'm really interested in that stuff so it sucks I wasn't able to obtain it.

And apparently, there will be no online sale of these items, according to the website. Which is odd, what else are they gonna do with them? Flog 'em to Mandarake?? Or maybe they produced just enough to sell at the concerts. Anyway, I really wanted to see that DVD!

Edited by Renato

Well, from what I remember, Kajiura was saying that next year she was planning a concert to coincide either with the 15th anniversary since her debut on some date in July, or with her birthday, which is the following day.

Some audience member shouted "both!" And then there was more banter, but of course it was hard to hear because only Chie had a mic, and I can't remember, but there were voices from the audience with requests and whatnot. One guy (probably the one that shouted "both") kept interrupting her until she just said 「黙って!」 At times she was like a kindergarten teacher, at one point calling an audience member "Good boy!" when he said he bought her album or something like that.

Well, from what I remember, Kajiura was saying that next year she was planning a concert to coincide either with the 15th anniversary since her debut on some date in July, or with her birthday, which is the following day.

Some audience member shouted "both!" And then there was more banter, but of course it was hard to hear because only Chie had a mic, and I can't remember, but there were voices from the audience with requests and whatnot. One guy (probably the one that shouted "both") kept interrupting her until she just said 「黙って!」 At times she was like a kindergarten teacher, at one point calling an audience member "Good boy!" when he said he bought her album or something like that.

Sounds fun...I'd imagine that having a chat with her would be pretty trippy, if her music is anything to go by.

And instead of a concert, I'd rather she came out with a new album...but I guess it's not up to me, huh? :mellow:

Can't tackle a full translation right now, but from what I remember, it's Akiko saying that Mylene is busy with her solo career, Ray is a record producer, and Basara is still roaming the galaxy... So they communicated with Basara through the Galaxy Network and put together this album as a gift to the fans. I'll take another look when I have a bit more time.

Can't tackle a full translation right now, but from what I remember, it's Akiko saying that Mylene is busy with her solo career, Ray is a record producer, and Basara is still roaming the galaxy... So they communicated with Basara through the Galaxy Network and put together this album as a gift to the fans. I'll take another look when I have a bit more time.

I haven't had much of a chance to look at it either yet...wanna divide the work? :)

Curious to know if any mention of the following: -

1) Whether Max is still captain of Battle 7?

2) Whether Milia is still mayor of City 7?

3) Max and Milia still apart or back together again?

4) Did Mylene ever marry and if so to whom?

5) What Gamlin is doing these days?

I doubt any of the above will be covered, but you never know.

Graham

Curious to know if any mention of the following: -

1) Whether Max is still captain of Battle 7?

2) Whether Milia is still mayor of City 7?

3) Max and Milia still apart or back together again?

4) Did Mylene ever marry and if so to whom?

5) What Gamlin is doing these days?

I doubt any of the above will be covered, but you never know.

Graham

No, none of that is there. It's all about recording the album, and Fire Bomber's influence over the last fifteen years (mentioning specially that Sheryl Nome is a fan, as is Ranka Lee's brother).

I haven't had much of a chance to look at it either yet...wanna divide the work? :)

Sorry... I'd really like to get both "City 7 in 2060" and "Tokyo in 2009" done, but this is the busiest time of the year for me, I'm not going to be able to tackle it. You can have a go if you want, otherwise somebody please pester me about it during the end of this month/beginning of next. ^_^

Sorry... I'd really like to get both "City 7 in 2060" and "Tokyo in 2009" done, but this is the busiest time of the year for me, I'm not going to be able to tackle it. You can have a go if you want, otherwise somebody please pester me about it during the end of this month/beginning of next. ^_^

Fair enough.

From my end, a lot depends on how much I can get done on other, more pressing projects over the next few weeks...but I'll see what I can do.