Moderating Macross General SCOOPDA

Re: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=790673

I am not annoyed that my posts have been deleted from the thread. I am annoyed that content, which has absolutely nothing to do with the topic, has also not been removed or moved to another topic.

Please justify how a financial institution's commercial containing Marii Ijima is "non-Toy, non-Model Macross news".

I visit the thread for Macross news; not for news on Marii Ijima, nor new bank commercials!

I think it's okay. I mean, what role and what series is Mari iijima most associated with?

If it were, I dunno, the guy who played Soldier A in episode 3 of Macross Zero, I'd agree. But not for Mari.

To me, at least, news about what Mari is up to is infinitely more interesting than news about, say, Macross Ultimate Frontier...since I don't play games. There will always be some news you're interested in, and some you're not.

It's Mari, so I'll let that slide for now. It's oddball news about Mari, but at least it's something. But more importantly what people don't seem to understand is IT'S NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD. Hell, I should probably prune it. But it's there for news. Album releases, game releases, book releases, animation details and release dates, magazine info,... etc. I don't read the New York Times or Time Magazine for reader feedback, I read it to find out what's happening in the world. The idea is the same for the Scoop thread. If you've got a Macross or Macross-related news item, that's what that thread is for. I may drop the Model restriction since lots of magazines pull out info about special models. But definitely no Toy news. There's a Scoop thread for that already.

I still firmly believe that news which isn't clearly and directly related to Macross shouldn't be in that topic. Nevertheless, I'll let things go with the one request that members properly label the content they are directing others to (or moderators go back and relabel).

Anyhow, this topic has served it's purpose. Locking it to prevent it from getting out of hand) is fine by me.

sometimes I leave stuff up in the toy scoop thread so people will see what kind of stuff I delete or if it's general toy news that I feel members would like to know... just like the HLJ fee shipping news, but since it's not Macross Toy News I'll delete it whenever I get around to it or feel it's no longer valid.

I think it's okay. I mean, what role and what series is Mari iijima most associated with?

If it were, I dunno, the guy who played Soldier A in episode 3 of Macross Zero, I'd agree. But not for Mari.

To me, at least, news about what Mari is up to is infinitely more interesting than news about, say, Macross Ultimate Frontier...since I don't play games. There will always be some news you're interested in, and some you're not.

QFT

You will never always get what you want in the news anyway. So why worry about it? *Shrugs*

I trust the mods to do the right thing when deleting inappropriate posts and pruning the threads because it's their duty after all. Whether or not members will properly label every single news they come across is up to the individual posting because not everyone will follow rules. You can't expect everyone to toe the line hence why you have moderators and rules for posting.

Just my two cents.

I think the main reason people like to have discussions in the general news thread is because it is all "new" news, as opposed to the way the Toy News thread works, which is basically links or pics referring to existing products and threads thereof. If there is a new toy announced, then a new thread is started immediately for discussion, and the News thread is updated with that reference.

"All other News" is just too much of a large scope to deal in the same way. Let's say that Family Mart bring out Frontier milkshakes, like their other sweet products last year. I don't see the need to have a thread for each thing.

I understand that too much discussion is a problem, because people end up posting the same news over and over, though. I'm just saying it cannot be expected to work in exactly the same way as it does in the Toy forum.

• 2 weeks later...