After in the Dark and Santi-U

isamu

Yes that's her, you'll find her credited under the name "Gabriela Robin" :lol:

I figured it was. But damn, that's crazy. She really has a great voice and don't see why she doesn't sing more often. Both of those songs are amazing during the parts where she sings. Santi-U is just...HAUNTING! It's as if she sounds almost....possessed(in a good way of course). She really went to a dark place with that song.

Has she ever explained why she used the GR alias in the first place? Do you supposed she was, I dunno, ashamed of her voice or somthing?

I figured it was. But damn, that's crazy. She really has a great voice and don't see why she doesn't sing more often. Both of those songs are amazing during the parts where she sings. Santi-U is just...HAUNTING! It's as if she sounds almost....possessed(in a good way of course). She really went to a dark place with that song.

Has she ever explained why she used the GR alias in the first place? Do you supposed she was, I dunno, ashamed of her voice or somthing?

The theory I've heard that I like the best is this...

"Gabriela Robin" made her debut with Macross Plus. She is to Yoko Kanno as Sharon Apple is to Myung.

Again, don't know if it's true or not, but I really WANT it to be true. :D

"Gabriela Robin" made her debut with Macross Plus. She is to Yoko Kanno as Sharon Apple is to Myung.

Haha, that's a good theory.

By the way, I really really really R*E*A*L*L*Y love the ending theme to Gasaraki...

....It appears the song is called Love Song but does anyone know who sings it? I heard through the grapevine that this song is somehow related to Yoko Kanno. I don't know what that means, but perhaps someone else can expand on that theory? Did she write the song? Was anyone that worked on Macross Plus involved with the song?

I wouldn't mind Gabriela Robin hypnotizing and taking over the world. long live the queen of earth and cats. :lol:

I have a strong hunch that this IS the case. It's too coincidental not to be. :ph34r:

Wait, I might have missed something, but did she finally acknowledge that Gabriela Robin is an alias for herself?

It has something to do with her singing a Gabriela Robin song and sounding just like Gabriela Robin. Singing in public, I mean. Public like in probably her highest profile concert ever which also happened to be a celebration to her career.

Edited by Lindem Herz

As many fans would have known by now, Kanno has indirectly admitted that she is Gabriela Robin during the July 7, 2009 Superdimensional Tanabata Sonic concert, where she personally sang "Moon" in front of many people, and she sounded just like Robin. We will maintain the rest of this page (after this paragraph) as it has been for documentation purposes. Besides, Kanno might just have been doing a very good imitation of this Gabriela Robin person for all we know!

From http://www.gabrielarobin.com/mainsite/gr.html

We'll probably never get anything more than this lol