You know you're a Macross addict when you....

Morpheus

Does watching each episode on the day (if it's provided) that it would supposedly take place if Macross was real count as being an addict?

Only if, whenever you happened to miss an episode on the day it was supposed to take place, you stopped time, rewinded time, and began a new time-loop, and you kept doing it over 15 thousand times until managing to manipulate events in such a way to make the past-you remember to watch the Macross episode that the future-you discovered you forgot to watch.

Otherwise - no.

Pete

Only if, whenever you happened to miss an episode on the day it was supposed to take place, you stopped time, rewinded time, and began a new time-loop, and you kept doing it over 15 thousand times until managing to manipulate events in such a way to make the past-you remember to watch the Macross episode that the future-you discovered you forgot to watch.

Otherwise - no.

Pete

15,532 times, to be exact. :)

I don't see why you'd need to enter a time loop in order to make yourself in the past remember to watch the episode. Just go back in time, dispose of your forgetful self and take your own place and watch the episode as you should have. Rightful order restored, no need to loop a section of space-time causing havoc for other people.

All in all just doing that results in about 3 new quantum universes being made, and the original (relatively speaking) is still the one where you missed the episode and then disappeared after going back in time, but nonetheless, from a personal stand point the problem is solved.

• 3 weeks later...
> When you keep buying Macross goods when you know you shouldnt but you do anyway. 'its not me,it told me to buy it' <

If only that would work on the wife. If only...

When every time you sleep it's always a macross dream, you happen to be flying a unknown Valkyrie that you created in your basement, and test it against pilots in the SDF-1.

When you try to get every single macross game you can get your hands on.

When you want to buy out all macross stuff in hlj.

when you buy 1 figure for christmas and say I'll buy 2 more for fun.

when you do a marathon of everything macross commercials shows movies amv's etc.

when your you 5 years old you decide you want to be a fighter pilot in the military in hopes one day something like this happens and I get to pilot one.

When you wish you could save the life of the CEO of yamato so you could be best friends and get free figures once in a while or on you B-day ect.

I have a long list don't want to waste your time.

I don't see why you'd need to enter a time loop in order to make yourself in the past remember to watch the episode. Just go back in time, dispose of your forgetful self and take your own place and watch the episode as you should have. Rightful order restored, no need to loop a section of space-time causing havoc for other people.

All in all just doing that results in about 3 new quantum universes being made, and the original (relatively speaking) is still the one where you missed the episode and then disappeared after going back in time, but nonetheless, from a personal stand point the problem is solved.

But here's the problem, if you forgetting the episode could be the you that went back in time, then wouldn't you create a paradox in which you keep killing your self because you forgot then your self visits you again and does the same.

Or killing your self could destroy the space time continuum.

But here's the problem, if you forgetting the episode could be the you that went back in time, then wouldn't you create a paradox in which you keep killing your self because you forgot then your self visits you again and does the same.

Or killing your self could destroy the space time continuum.

Don't pander about temporal mechanics with me kid (note, I don't know how old you are, you may be older than me, but I call a lot of people kid despite age). I think most people ignore my more science babble oriented posts because they just don't care (I don't blame them), but I do know a bit about of what I speak. Granted I'm no expert in the fields of theoretical physics, but the idea of universe ending paradoxes are quite old and not commonly accepted by most theoretical physicists anymore. That is if they even believe time travel is possible, some don't.

There is no point in talking about this though as Pete was just making a joke about the time loop bit and I only responded to that because I'm a nerd and it is funny to see me go out of my way like that for no reason, lol.

Edited by Master Dex

Don't pander about temporal mechanics with me kid (note, I don't know how old you are, you may be older than me, but I call a lot of people kid despite age). I think most people ignore my more science babble oriented posts because they just don't care (I don't blame them), but I do know a bit about of what I speak. Granted I'm no expert in the fields of theoretical physics, but the idea of universe ending paradoxes are quite old and not commonly accepted by most theoretical physicists anymore. That is if they even believe time travel is possible, some don't.

There is no point in talking about this though as Pete was just making a joke about the time loop bit and I only responded to that because I'm a nerd and it is funny to see me go out of my way like that for no reason, lol.

Macross Addict support/talk group.

Hello, my name is shadow strikers and I'm a macross addict.

Bought figures games movie's, and every night it's a macross dream.

SUPPORT GROUP: Don't worry shadow we will help you along with the rest of the crazies here.

Shadow: Who the **** you calling crazy B*** you be F*** crazy

Support group: no I'd be F*** goofy

Had a Macross fan moment a couple of days ago actually. The cafeteria at my workplace offered a so called "Oriental Pineapple Salad". I of course passed on eating it and suggested to all my colleagues to do the same. Couldn't really explain the reason to them though

Find myself singing "My Boyfriend is a Pilot" and "Shao Pai Lao" to myself at sunrise here on Khandahar Airfield, regardless of who's around.

Truss up in my DCUs, kevlar, magazine & M16 all the while imagining I'm a VF-1 being FASTPACKED and scrambled outside the ARMD on a launch arm. Of course, the 'Valkyrie Scramble' BGM is playing in my head. This happens daily on the way to work.

Keep hoping the AV-8Bs returning from patrol will switch to GERWALK upon landing.

My only treason: making stand out ID tags for my seabags that read:"PRINCIPALITY OF ZEON: AMS-119" when we shipped over from Kuwait. I couldn't think of an appropriate Macross moniker at the time...

Please forgive my transgression

^_^

Had a Macross fan moment a couple of days ago actually. The cafeteria at my workplace offered a so called "Oriental Pineapple Salad". I of course passed on eating it and suggested to all my colleagues to do the same. Couldn't really explain the reason to them though

You made a very smart decision.