MisaForever

I'm starting to see the commercials during prime-time, broad-demographic, all-country broadcasts. They're targeting the game quite widely (given the show I saw the CM in last night, I'd say it was aimed at the house-wife demographic. Possibly the university one, but that's beside my point).

It's pachinko, man. It's always targeted at a wide demographic.

Kresphy, man you do it agian, i love these pics!!! the new scenes are just makin me giddy and is that misa in a new outfit??

I hope they Re-animate SDF Macross as a 4 part OVA like the Evangelion 1.0- movies....i would be in heaven lets hope for an anniversery type release,like '2012' :D

I cant say how many times ive watched these.. ^_^

OK, I don't speak, nor can I read Japanese, but how feasible is it to get one of these games, and how much does it cost? If I'm not gonna get a damn SDF-1 for $2300, perhaps a Pachinko game will fill the gap.

Really? You work in Pachinko?

(or just entertainment in general?)

That's kewl, I teach preschool... :wacko:

Like I said somewhere else, I am only 1/2 otaku. I devour the shows, but I don't pay much attention to the sidestuff (unless it comes in a trading card booster pack! :lol: ).

Well could I tap your expertise one more time?

Is the Macross pachinko game exclusive to any of the chain shops, or is pretty much every big one gonna have it.

I must admit to a desire to try it.

I'd like to do what I did the other time I played pachinko- sit down, feed it 1000 yen and play till its gone.

Which is fine cause 1000 yen only last about 10 minutes(if you're lucky) and I was able to get out without having an asthma attack.

No, games arent usually exclusive to any one chain (that wouldnt be in the manufacturers best interests unless maybe they owned the stores in question) so you should be able to play the new Macross game pretty much at any parlour. Having said that, a FEW parlours 'specialize' completely in one or two titles - ie, theres a few Hokuto no Ken only parlours because its one of the best performing machines of all time. Also, some of the smaller local stores might not necessarily upgrade to newer machines as quickly or often as the bigger chain-parlours do.

@Jasonc - Getting one isnt totally out of the question but now would not be the best time to do so. Wait a year or two until the next big game comes along and there will be hundreds of Macross machines being sold off 2nd hand. An average machine costs approx. US$500 2nd hand. Then theres shipping, etc (as someone who has carried demo units to trade shows before I can tell ya that these things aint light!).

Getting one shipped overseas isnt impossible (Ive heard of people doing it) but keep in mind that you would have a LOT of gaming regulation forms etc to overcome since, by US standards, these could be used as gambling machines. That can make things decidedly more tricky.

Within Japan its pretty easy though - a friend of mine is a bit of a Stallone fan - and has THREE Rocky/Rambo themed machines in his apartment, lol.

Tochiro, thanks for the info. I'll be waiting for about that time, and I am aware that shipping is gonna be expensive. Hopefully the formes won't be overly tough to get through. Maybe the fact that I work in law enforcement will help push it through.

Type in the password and then the 2 digit number on the right. There might be a lot of congestion so keep trying.

That site is brutal, it took like 30 clicks to get through. Why not use something reliable like megaupload or rapidshare?

Edited by Sketch

So.........

I still really want to know what's on that Macross Fever DVD. Is it the promos, and new footage and stuff? I've heard of some sightings of it in Tokyo from Alex. Tochiro? Save? Can anyone confrim the content?

So.........

I still really want to know what's on that Macross Fever DVD. Is it the promos, and new footage and stuff? I've heard of some sightings of it in Tokyo from Alex. Tochiro? Save? Can anyone confrim the content?

Sorry, I have no idea since I didnt manage to get my hands on one. Having said that, I highly doubt it would be any of the new footage (which would have inevitably found its way on line by now anyway). More likely its the TV commercials plus some sort of introduction to or play guide for the game.

I DID manage to score one of those posters though. Very cool. And BIG! ;-)