MisaForever

Those live action clips are awesome. Makes me think that a live action Macross movie could really work, which something I never thought possible before......Just don't let Michael Bay direct though!

Also, I gotta echo what everybody else is saying.............all this effort just for a frickin' Pachinko game!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: Sigh.........just seems such a waste to me.

Graham

Even though the clips are cool, I still find it a bit fake... like the law of physics does not apply in the scene... realistic wise also a lot inferior than Transformers...

.. realistic wise also a lot inferior than Transformers...

... then go with the other variable vehicle commercial featuring a Kawamori-san mecha. Dualis!

CM 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fogayHVbkkg

CM 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crZ71CE1wD0&NR=1

CM 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uFFpQuFllk&NR=1

CM 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZtZN-GQBls&NR=1

... and sorry, I can't find the one where they have two Dualis cars... erm, dueling, nor the one with a bunch of battroid (?) mode Dualis riding a car carrier.

I WANT THAT POSTER!

This is awesome,even the live action ad's where amazing,i like everyone else am astounded at the amount of effort for this game machine, I hope for a Macross anniversary they come out with something that will blow our minds as much as the new animation does on this machine.

I want either a new series (or at least an OVA) that explores human life with Zentradi and Vajura. Especially cool if they encountered more remnants of the Protoculture. Or maybe the actual Supervision Army. Or a reanimation of the original series with modern animation quality. That'd be sweet.

Or why not an original game with a new story? Sort of like VF-X2 did in terms of being new material based on the franchise, only with a much bigger scope for a new story.

Wow, it blows wind in your face. The most intense pachinko game experience yet!

As soon as that footage of SDF-1 coming ot of fold happened...Is it wrong to get overly excited over a pachinko game? and to nearly shed a tear when 'do you remember love' started playing with the new animation becuase of its glorious beauty?

my god that was the best thing ive seen for ages,Macross proves once again,even with a updated animation that its the greatest animated series ever.

HOW GOOD was that part when he shoved the smoothbore in the front window of that glaug!! *holding on to chair while wind from moniter is blowing furiously*

I hope the Japanese fans are going as apeshit over this as we are. Someone has to petition BW to make a full TV series re-anmated release. I don't care about subtitles, I just want the freakin' thing widescreen & bluray, and in my collection.

I hope the Japanese fans are going as apeshit over this as we are. Someone has to petition BW to make a full TV series re-anmated release. I don't care about subtitles, I just want the freakin' thing widescreen & bluray, and in my collection.

Well, the whole pachinko/pachislot connection has resulted in some cool new stuff for othe series on the past. Such tie ins financed 2 FOtNS ovas and 3 theatrical releases, the Aquarion theatrical cut and the new Evangelion remakes. Heck, sankyo was the main sponsor for last weekends crossover live.

A series remake is e pexting a bit much, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a clip disc or maybe a ps2 power sometime. I mean, the FOtNS pachislot ps2 port launched on the same day as halo 2 here.

Guess which sold more?

Btw, those posters are already popping up on Japanese auction sites for anyone who is interested. Otherwise, talk to your localpachinko operator. I know that's what I'm doing. I wonder what sort of macross themed prizes they will release to go along with the game ....

I'm starting to see the commercials during prime-time, broad-demographic, all-country broadcasts. They're targeting the game quite widely (given the show I saw the CM in last night, I'd say it was aimed at the house-wife demographic. Possibly the university one, but that's beside my point).

Point is: Macross (SDF:M specifically, all series in general) are getting much, much, much greater exposure than it did during Macross F's lead-up and series broadcast. To be honest, it's being targeted at a much wider audience, and with a greater budget than I anticipated.

... and no matter which way you look at it, it's good for the series in general. I think some of the possibilities that Tochiro mentioned may be in store for Macross.

Hm... with this kind of exposure, Yamato should actually do a marketing tie in with Sankyo! I mean, this game is about VF-1s and the titular ship Macross as well, which Yamato is releasing next year.... this can be considered divinely lucky for yamato, who has the products on hand, and superb quality ones at that (i presume the 1/2000 Macross will be good as well)!

edit: there might actually be... just that it doesn't seem explicit

Edited by BlueMax

As soon as that footage of SDF-1 coming ot of fold happened...Is it wrong to get overly excited over a pachinko game? and to nearly shed a tear when 'do you remember love' started playing with the new animation becuase of its glorious beauty?

my god that was the best thing ive seen for ages,Macross proves once again,even with a updated animation that its the greatest animated series ever.

HOW GOOD was that part when he shoved the smoothbore in the front window of that glaug!! *holding on to chair while wind from moniter is blowing furiously*

I did cry, haha. I want them to reanimate the series (while keeping the original soundtrack and voices) so bad, you have no idea. If I had access to that kind of money, I'd throw it in without a moment's hesitation.

That's a lot of awfully good animation to waste on a game.

It's hardly wasted.

Pachinko is essentially a license to print money.

Having the newest best machines is how they keep the seats filled.

It is essentially legalized gambling.

The Japanese government would collapse without the tax revenue from pachinko parlors.

Personally I find pachinko tedious in the extreme.

You can hardly breath in the places because the cigarette smoke it so thick, and you are deaf from about 10 seconds after you enter.

But even I am intrigued by Macross pachinko.

When I saw the ads I knew it was big for Macross.

You have to be big to get your own pachinko machine

Actually, it doesnt have anything to do with Macross' popularity really. It works the other way around.

Ie, if the Pachinko is popular, a LOT of that money gets pumped back into Macross. This could have a really positive effect on getting some sort of new goods/anime made - I mean, Pachislot pretty much funded both the new Fist of the North Star movies (AND Raoh's funeral, lol), as well as the Evangelion rebuilds.

Sankyo is going all out for 2 reasons that I can see - to cash in on the greater general awareness of Macross that has resulted from Frontier's success; and to hit that sweet nostalgia spot with potential players who are now in their mid-late 30's.

Also, this is their big successor to Aquarion, which was huge for a while but then sunk without a trace.

With the industry being in a slump ever since the new regulations on Unit 5 machines in 2007, it will be interesting if this can pull in a new audience for parlour operators.

(...) and to hit that sweet nostalgia spot with potential players who are now in their mid-late 30's. (...)

I think this is a very good point. I just saw an add for it during "Warau ii to omou", which is one of only a handful of shows that are broadcast nationwide and is extremely popular. It's prime audience are OL - so the game is definetly being marketed to a wide demographic; which spells Macross goodness whichever way you look at it.

I would like to try the game at least once, but as Hibime said, I too, can't stand the assault on the lungs and ears when entering one of those establishments. Not to mention the oft baffling rules of the games...

Actually, it doesnt have anything to do with Macross' popularity really. It works the other way around.

But if Maross wasn't popular, they wouldn't have bothered developing the machine.

Unlike trading card games, they don't pop out machines for every possible property and then see what sticks.

I didn't mean big like 'gundam' I meant big like 'back in the big leagues'.

I wasn't trying to say Macross is so popular that fans are clamoring for a pachinko version.

All I was saying is that all things considered(current Macross boom and anniversary nostalgia) made it ripe for exploitation.

And this is pachinko, so exploitation is the correct word! :lol:

You point about FotNS is good- it seems like only the best mid-tier properties get snatched up by pachinko.

You'll probably never see Gundam pachinko.

I'm just glad that Macross is back on the scene!

But if Maross wasn't popular, they wouldn't have bothered developing the machine.

Unlike trading card games, they don't pop out machines for every possible property and then see what sticks.

You point about FotNS is good- it seems like only the best mid-tier properties get snatched up by pachinko.

You'll probably never see Gundam pachinko.

I'm just glad that Macross is back on the scene!

Actually, that is EXACTLY what happens. Pachinko/pachislot machines are relatively cheap to make and pretty much EVERYTHING gets thrown at the wall to see what sticks. You probably just dont notice because new titles come and go so quickly. Case in point - NADESICO and BATTLE ATHLETES recently got their own machines.

I mean heck, NANASE AIKAWA just got her own machine! I'm the only person in my office who remembers who she is! (was a fan in university).

Gundam? Gundam already had THREE Pachinko machines, one for each movie! hahahaha.

In the case of Macross, Im not saying that the popularity/recognition isnt there, but its the nostalgia factor that Sankyo wants to use to get people in intitially. Then, if the math behind the game is good, word of mouth woll spread.

Look at one of the most popular Pachinko machines ever - Evangelion. What was the biggest demographic playing the game? 40y/o+ females. I guarantee you this was not the market the game was originally pitched at. But word spread and a new market was created. This is what Sankyo is trying to do with Macross as well.

Actually, that is EXACTLY what happens.

Okay whatever you say.

And that's not the smart alec rolled eyes version, its the 'Huh really? Okay I'm wrong ' version.

I was only going by what gets plastered on the walls and doors of the places; when you see the same 'NEW MACHINE' posters for like 6 months in a row, I had come to assume that new licensed machines didn't come out very often, and were a much bigger deal. I stand corrected, and now know something I didn't, and learned it without having to go into one of those wretched places. so, thanks I guess ^_^

Okay whatever you say.

And that's not the smart alec rolled eyes version, its the 'Huh really? Okay I'm wrong ' version.

I was only going by what gets plastered on the walls and doors of the places; when you see the same 'NEW MACHINE' posters for like 6 months in a row, I had come to assume that new licensed machines didn't come out very often, and were a much bigger deal. I stand corrected, and now know something I didn't, and learned it without having to go into one of those wretched places. so, thanks I guess ^_^

Glad I could be of some assistance. :lol:

Unfortunately I know far more about the topic than I want to. Thats what happens when you are in the industry :wacko:

Glad I could be of some assistance. :lol:

Unfortunately I know far more about the topic than I want to. Thats what happens when you are in the industry :wacko:

Really? You work in Pachinko?

(or just entertainment in general?)

That's kewl, I teach preschool... :wacko:

Like I said somewhere else, I am only 1/2 otaku. I devour the shows, but I don't pay much attention to the sidestuff (unless it comes in a trading card booster pack! :lol: ).

Well could I tap your expertise one more time?

Is the Macross pachinko game exclusive to any of the chain shops, or is pretty much every big one gonna have it.

I must admit to a desire to try it.

I'd like to do what I did the other time I played pachinko- sit down, feed it 1000 yen and play till its gone.

Which is fine cause 1000 yen only last about 10 minutes(if you're lucky) and I was able to get out without having an asthma attack.

Wow, the new animation actually makes me like how Minmay looks. I never was the biggest fan of Minmay (songs are good though). I like the new Millia artwork and the opening sequence (need it in full HD!)

OMG OMG OMG!!!

You know, I have purposely avoided this topic because I LOVE pachinko machines and really want one for my Library/Office but they cost quite a bit of money (I know...suck it up...) and they can be hard to find. That said, I have a friend of mine who picked up a Gamera pachinko a couple of years ago and, at the time, I had asked him to use his connections to see if he could find a Cutie Honey machine for me. In the end, I decided against getting the CH machine but this Macross one is bringing out those feelings again. Darn it!!!