MisaForever

Don't misunderstand me people, I am the one that made the prediction of the likelihood of a redone series two pages ago where I clearly noted how unlikely I believe it is.

I will admit that I should probably know more about Pachinko, but I find myself kind of uninterested for some reason.

It's unfortunate that this thread has been demoted to the Games subsection. it would certainly make for good discussion, regardless if the animation is just for a pachingco game. i mean, this is what we macross fans are here for, right? to search for new macross-related material and reminisce on the memories we have of the old one. even if the new animation is just for a game, it still satisfies the dual purpose, and is quite capable of making us macross fans geek out.

This is a crap load of effort for a pachinko game. Will it even have a video screen?

This is either for a game on a home console, or something else...

Edit: And by "crap load" I mean overkill. Not that I'm complaining, but wow.

Edited by sdf2501

Actually, do you think they're going the Star Wars SE route and re-animating certain portions for an eventual blu-ray release? I know they did the HD re-master a while back for DVD, but maybe they decided to go all the way.

I really want to know what this new animation is going to be used for. The suspense is killing me!

Actually, do you think they're going the Star Wars SE route and re-animating certain portions for an eventual blu-ray release? I know they did the HD re-master a while back for DVD, but maybe they decided to go all the way.

I really want to know what this new animation is going to be used for. The suspense is killing me!

PA-CHIN-KO-GA-MU!

FIRE!!!

Good choice they made using the Fukuyama remix of Macross from the Tribute album, I love that rendition. They did an equally great job of editing that too considering this is the best of the video we can get.

Edited by Master Dex

This is a crap load of effort for a pachinko game. Will it even have a video screen?

This is either for a game on a home console, or something else...

No, no, no. It's par for the course.

Case in point:

HD Yamato Pachinko game:

Evangalion Pachi-slot:

(attn: CGA) and

Case in point:

HD Yamato Pachinko game:

Evangalion Pachi-slot:

Wow. If that's the case, I don't know what to say. Still hoping that the new animation will be used for more than just a pachinko game though.

thatts good for promotional video but an entire series like that will look like crap...pretty close to those Dominion cartoons. Plus NO Mikimoto character designs... NO SDF:M for me!

Er, are you serious? The CG shading style and colour palette looks so close to the original, it's incredible. Plus I thought those WERE Mikimoto designs. They certainly look like what we see in Macross The First.

Looks a whole lot better (and more Macrossy) than the Frontier CG shading and character art to me; I see no reason why a series in this style would not look fantastic. And I don't know what you mean by "Dominion cartoons". All I know is "Tank Police" and I cannot see how that can be related.

FIRE!!!

Good choice they made using the Fukuyama remix of Macross from the Tribute album, I love that rendition. They did an equally great job of editing that too considering this is the best of the video we can get.

DITTO~~~~~~~~~~~~

p.s.

If add a Minmay's clip is better!!

Edited by kresphy

Oh MY GOD! why am i just seeing this now?! for all that is holy that just made me leap on the table!

Need to see all the other new footage,but that was excellent! Misa and minmay are looking as lovely as ever!

It makes me wish there was a ps3/360 game for this i would literally sleep with it. ^_^

More!..More! ..MORE!!

How come I've missed this thread until now?????

I'm in for a remake.

All those clips are from the pachinko game. And unless you want to go to Japan, bust into a pachinko parlor just to crack open one of these slot machines to grab the software containing these clips, there isn't much to say about it. Of course, you can always go to Japan, drop in at the pachinko parlors and play just this one machine all night.

Damn that's such a waste for it all to be a Pachinko game. Come on Big West, we know your dialogue tracks are in good condition, and seperate from your SFX/Music tracks. Macoss 30th is coming:

-Redo the animation, widescreen & awesome

-Use the exact dialogue tracks

-Remix the BGM into modern stereo

-New (but similar) SFX

= Win!

Damn that's such a waste for it all to be a Pachinko game. Come on Big West, we know your dialogue tracks are in good condition, and seperate from your SFX/Music tracks. Macoss 30th is coming:

-Redo the animation, widescreen & awesome

-Use the exact dialogue tracks

-Remix the BGM into modern stereo

-New (but similar) SFX

= Win!

What, compared to other pachinko machines?

Case in point:

HD Yamato Pachinko game:

Evangalion Pachi-slot:

If Yamato was re-animated like that in a weekly series...I'm sure you'd be there.

What, compared to other pachinko machines?

If Yamato was re-animated like that in a weekly series...I'm sure you'd be there.

Come on, let us dream, lol.

According to their website: studio Satelight is a daughter company of Sankyo which is a major producer of Pachinko games. Makes the connection between Macross and a Pachinko game not that strange.

I just saw one of those new commercials on TV - and not at a time that no one watches on an unpopular station. One of the most popular stations, during the middle of the day, and during one of (if not "the") most popular shows across the whole country!

Now, if onyl Macross F had that kind of promotion... ah well, trickle down advertising is good.

Those live action clips are awesome. Makes me think that a live action Macross movie could really work, which something I never thought possible before......Just don't let Michael Bay direct though!

Also, I gotta echo what everybody else is saying.............all this effort just for a frickin' Pachinko game!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: Sigh.........just seems such a waste to me.

Graham

Those live action clips are awesome. Makes me think that a live action Macross movie could really work, which something I never thought possible before......Just don't let Michael Bay direct though!

Also, I gotta echo what everybody else is saying.............all this effort just for a frickin' Pachinko game!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: Sigh.........just seems such a waste to me.

Graham

After seeing Fast Pack Klan Klan in MUF, I have new faith that the gods of Macross do pay attention to the wishes of us distant International Macross fans, and that there is a chance they may smile upon us with a re-animated SDF Macross.