AFA 2009 - 21st - 22nd November 2009 , Singapore

http://www.afa09.com/

Yoshiki Fukuyama and May'N will be at AFA2009, and hopefully like last year I will be able to have interviews with them both.

Last year's interview: AFA 2008 - Up Close and Personal with May'N

It is indeed a great time to be a Macross fan (in ASEAN). B))

BOMBA!!

Edited by wolfx

Sheryl and Basara?! GREAT!!

Wow, that looks like a pretty awesome event!

Just out of curiosity, do the guests do signings and meet n greets like a US con? Or is it strictly a stage appearance only like at Japanese events? If there was a signing Id serious consider popping over to Singapore if I could find a cheap hotel.

If its like Japanese events though - well I have tickets to Macross Crossover Live, Gundam Soul G, and Firebomber Re-union to keep me happy ;-)

Wow, that looks like a pretty awesome event!

Just out of curiosity, do the guests do signings and meet n greets like a US con? Or is it strictly a stage appearance only like at Japanese events? If there was a signing Id serious consider popping over to Singapore if I could find a cheap hotel.

If its like Japanese events though - well I have tickets to Macross Crossover Live, Gundam Soul G, and Firebomber Re-union to keep me happy ;-)

Will update as more details are being revealed. If its anything like last year, chances are the signing/autograph session will come with the price of the VIP ticket which also gives you front row view of the concert.

As for the format of the autograph session, last year there was some hoo-hah for the May'N's autograph session because the organisers implied there will be an autograph session but what we got instead was just May'N giving out pre-signed white boards to fans while she shook their hands. Requests for photos and impromptu signing of any other merchandise were not allowed much to the ire of fans. Hopefully this will change this year and they will allow fans to bring their own merchandise to be signed. So i think you'd want to take that into account for your trip to Singapore, since those other concerts you're attending sound much more awesome-er.

Will update as more details are being revealed. If its anything like last year, chances are the signing/autograph session will come with the price of the VIP ticket which also gives you front row view of the concert.

As for the format of the autograph session, last year there was some hoo-hah for the May'N's autograph session because the organisers implied there will be an autograph session but what we got instead was just May'N giving out pre-signed white boards to fans while she shook their hands. Requests for photos and impromptu signing of any other merchandise were not allowed much to the ire of fans. Hopefully this will change this year and they will allow fans to bring their own merchandise to be signed. So i think you'd want to take that into account for your trip to Singapore, since those other concerts you're attending sound much more awesome-er.

Good point, good point. Paying to go over would probably be a bit of overkill I must admit. The thought of actually getting to meet Fukuyama though ... if it were possible... oh well, can always dream I suppose.

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

So excited, and I just bought Ultra Fire in Akiba too... hehe, hope I can have it autographed!

Although, I heard that this time round, the performance won't be in an open area a la AFA08, but will be closed up, so you really have to pay for ticket upgrades to watch the performances. Still unconfirmed though, so don't quote me

BOMBA!

http://www.afa09.com/

Yoshiki Fukuyama and May'N will be at AFA2009, and hopefully like last year I will be able to have interviews with them both.

Last year's interview: AFA 2008 - Up Close and Personal with May'N

It is indeed a great time to be a Macross fan (in ASEAN). B))

BOMBA!!

Thanks for the info. I missed out on last year's AFA since I thought it's just another "left-over toys stock clearance" event. I didn't expect May'N to show up.

Mmm...Basara and Sheryl this year? Wow...I do hope to see them sing duets. Maybe even perform some of Minmay's songs. I couldn't get any tickets for the Macross Crossover concert. sigh...that would have been perfection.

But, not too bad if I can catch this year's AFA mini concert. Do keep us updated on the pricing of the tickets. ^_^

And hopefully, we can get May'N to autograph our own stuff. I have a Sheryl doll for her to sign on. As for Basara, I only have a couple of CDs. :lol: