Stupid fartin Yamato

nugundamII

Well today Im moving around some of my stuff and I wanted to move my YF-21 1/60 version. Fell off the stand and the belly fast packs came off.

So I decided to spend some time to try to put the fast packs on properly. Before I moved it I just put some Scotch tape on the belly haves to keep it together. First off I tried to get the belly snug and flush. Then the farting tabs break off.

So fine I try to crazy glue them back on. And I say fart it its a goddamn Yamato. So I start putting effort in trying to get the belly armor on NO fartING WAY

When I think its on and then click in the belly half tabs into the nacelle area and turn it over they fall off

I got so farting frustrated I threw the goddamn piece of poo junk against the wall and now its in a million pieces and I feel in a strange way relieved and free.

Maybe its because I have come to the conclusion I am never going to buy an over priced piece of poo valk from yamato AGAIN. Enough is enough. My 200 bucks multiplied by the number of times i have been duped and taken for a fool by purchasing their poo over and over again. Im the apeface because I should know better. At least with takara and a 50 transformer ie the new movie prime it wont farting break and if it does its designed to pop the piece back on . Paying premium hard earned money for something that is so farting substandard is crazy in anyone's books. This is not the only valk product they have had problems with. So why do I keep throwing good money after bad. THis is supposed to be a farting collectors item and im trying to understand how a 50 dollar ROTF optimus Prime Leader class toy is better made, designed and has fartING GIMMICKS and doesnt explode when you touch it unlike a 250 dollar toy. It doesnt fly! Doesnt it speak for itself by having a online retailer sell parts for these farting things. I know the japanese. They wouldnt put up with such imperfection

So im free now knowing I wont be blowing any more money on their craptastic poo until I come here and read that every farting unit everybody bought is flawless I mean not a single farting problem everthing IS PERFECT like when you hold it its as if you have met god and are eternally content. If some hot women mysteriously appears at your door and offers herself to you not a chance cause you are holding perfection in your hands. If you found out that you won the lotto who cares cause now you can hold a valk swoosh it around the room transform into three modes, add armor and take it off and pose it in a million way knowing it will never explode.

So Im going to be selling my yamato valks. Im sick of it and I feel its time to be smart and save my money and buy a BMW

Ooh.... ouch, but i must admit the belly plates needed some patience to get on. Ironical, cuz the YF-21 was considered to be one of the better releases from Yamato.

Anyway, I've read that some plastics degrade over time... a good example was the gold colored plastic that was part of the TF: Masterforce Black Zarak (Scorponok recolor). Over time, it seems that the plastic became VERY prone to breakage, sos much so that it is very rare to have a pristine piece... seems that some color additives/ dyes wreak havoc with polymers

Don't know if this is the case for Yamato's ABS plastics as well.... any abody in this line care to comment?

Ooh.... ouch, but i must admit the belly plates needed some patience to get on. Ironical, cuz the YF-21 was considered to be one of the better releases from Yamato.

Anyway, I've read that some plastics degrade over time... a good example was the gold colored plastic that was part of the TF: Masterforce Black Zarak (Scorponok recolor). Over time, it seems that the plastic became VERY prone to breakage, sos much so that it is very rare to have a pristine piece... seems that some color additives/ dyes wreak havoc with polymers

Don't know if this is the case for Yamato's ABS plastics as well.... any abody in this line care to comment?

I used to strictly collect transformer toys and it worked because the pricepoint was great. I started with beast wars and have passed some along to my nephew and now my daughter. She tears everything to bits but you can pop on the parts again. Lets see optimus primal purchased in 96 so thats 13 years the dam thing is not broken and doesnt have loose joints. Thats 4 bucks a year. I say thats a pretty good rate of depreciation. I bought my 1/60 YF-21 last year for 225 bucks. Thats a pretty shitty rate of depreciation. My valk was in a detolf in the basement and a smoke free home how the in the world does plastic wear down so fast. That just validates my belief that Yamato Inc. doesnt give a poo about Macross or Valks. Come on These are Japanese. Perfection defines their daily lives. I know if Takara took lead in the macross project they would definitely do a lot better and affordable. I know bandai is doing macross now but even their overpriced crap isnt so craptastic as yamatos. I dont know why it has such a loyal following. IM a HUGE fan of macross. I watch the show as a kid and liked it more than transformers. Spidey and amazing friends and even G-force but this is a joke. Heck Toynamis complicated Cyclone is better that this poo.

who knows how much they are pocketing by using substandard chinese factories. AND STICKERS I HATE fartING stickers. When I pay 200 for a toy I dont want to add stickers. Im not 5!

Edited by nugundamII

Comparing the yamato valkyrie with transformers is pretty unfair, probably the junky monkey is a better candidate if you wanna do drop test on the toy.

It has been argued that these are collectors pieces so by that regard then we should not drop them. But as advertised we should be able to transform them without worrying about stress zones, color fading or the number of times of transforming it.

Yes I can compare a transformer. Fine lets take the MP SS Um transformed many times. No CRACKS, Oh i did pop of a part but guess what I was able to add it back on. IF they cant do it right the first, second or third sorry your out!

Bandai does it well with SOC. Heck the only ones im not selling are the yamato diecast ones. They have stood the test of time transformed numerous times and no breakages. My diecast YF-21 armor stays on. Golly gee hows that. The only thing you have to worry about are paint chips but if you handle it right it will NEVER break. Come to think of it I have dropped my YF-19 (Diecast) and besides the paint chipping no breaks.

These are also supposed to be anime replicas and yet they still suck for 200 bucks but a Leader ROTF prime which is a near perfect replica is solid

It has been argued that these are collectors pieces so by that regard then we should not drop them. But as advertised we should be able to transform them without worrying about stress zones, color fading or the number of times of transforming it.

Yes I can compare a transformer. Fine lets take the MP SS Um transformed many times. No CRACKS, Oh i did pop of a part but guess what I was able to add it back on. IF they cant do it right the first, second or third sorry your out!

Bandai does it well with SOC. Heck the only ones im not selling are the yamato diecast ones. They have stood the test of time transformed numerous times and no breakages. My diecast YF-21 armor stays on. Golly gee hows that. The only thing you have to worry about are paint chips but if you handle it right it will NEVER break. Come to think of it I have dropped my YF-19 (Diecast) and besides the paint chipping no breaks.

These are also supposed to be anime replicas and yet they still suck for 200 bucks but a Leader ROTF prime which is a near perfect replica is solid

cry us an ocean, your comparing a YF-21 to a fricken truck bot? to be honest i was waiting for a post like this from you. :lol:

p.s. trannies and gundams suck.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Come on guys, Yamato never being famous by making 'solid' transformation toys in recent years, often qc problem and minor design issue - even some early ver.2 1/60 VF1 has issue. But their toys looks awesome!

NugundamII is not the first person complain about Yamato (or any toy companies), and I am sure he won't be the last.

Come on guys, Yamato never being famous by making 'solid' transformation toys in recent years, often qc problem and minor design issue - even some early ver.2 1/60 VF1 has issue. But their toys looks awesome!

NugundamII is not the first person complain about Yamato (or any toy companies), and I am sure he won't be the last.

no kidding, I paid 200 dollars, I demand yamato provide me with with a toy that defies both the law of gravity and the laws of thermodynamics, 200 dollars should provide you with entropy proof macross goodness! :rolleyes:

How many Yamato valks = a BMW? that is the question!

I just can't wait for his tantrums when the electronics start going, the glue holding the weather stripping goes... all the little QC problems that plague BMWs. Should be a hilarious.

Cool story bro.
Sorry wrong board, this isn't 4chan :lol:

Love how the thread is degrading to automotive vehicle fanboying. Big surprise if you get a lemon by any brand it's a lemon. In all honesty I had a buddy who got a BMW because that's what his wife wanted and he had nothing but problems stemming from anything electrical to body panels falling off. Now he has Mazda 3 speed which was awesome until some Canadian Asian lady side swiped him <_<

For the record I was Yamatoed in the form of the V2 VF-1S unfortunately I couldn't bring myself to smash it into tiny pieces like it deserved. My 21 is going good so far (knock on wood)

Sorry wrong board, this isn't 4chan :lol:

Love how the thread is degrading to automotive vehicle fanboying. Big surprise if you get a lemon by any brand it's a lemon. In all honesty I had a buddy who got a BMW because that's what his wife wanted and he had nothing but problems stemming from anything electrical to body panels falling off. Now he has Mazda 3 speed which was awesome until some Canadian Asian lady side swiped him <_<

For the record I was Yamatoed in the form of the V2 VF-1S unfortunately I couldn't bring myself to smash it into tiny pieces like it deserved. My 21 is going good so far (knock on wood)

Love how this thread is degrading into race baiting fanboying.

Edited by eugimon

I own an Audi... one trip to the mechanic can easily cost several months' worth of toy purchases (and I purchase quite a few toys). Still, it's completely reasonable to choose one thing to throw your money at or another, I don't think any of us can argue that toy collecting is really a fiscally responsible hobby.

I own an Audi... one trip to the mechanic can easily cost several months' worth of toy purchases (and I purchase quite a few toys). Still, it's completely reasonable to choose one thing to throw your money at or another, I don't think any of us can argue that toy collecting is really a fiscally responsible hobby.

Oh sure, it's the context here that matters... just to boil it down: I hate yamato because their QC sucks. I'm going to sell them and buy a BMW!

I'm just saying.. if one's perceived shoddy QC over a 200 dollar toy leads one to throw things against walls and throw tantrums like a spoiled child... then the resulting hysterics over a 40,000$ toy falling apart should be quite entertaining.

Thanks for assuming I'm not of Asian descent B))

I'm just saying.. if one's perceived shoddy QC over a 200 dollar toy leads one to throw things against walls and throw tantrums like a spoiled child... then the resulting hysterics over a 40,000$ toy falling apart should be quite entertaining.
I guess that depends if he is a better mechanic than he is a model/toy builder :lol: Edited by bluemax151

I own a 23 year old Toyota supra. ^_^ I also love my YF-21.

If he love trucks and stuff that doesn't break so much he should buy a Toyota Tacoma.

BUY TOYOTA, HELP KEEP NUMMI RUNNING!

Thanks for assuming I'm not of Asian descent B))

I guess that depends if he is a better mechanic than he is a model/toy builder :lol:

Hey, I'm just saying, the OP talked about buying a bimmer with his yamato money in the first post. If you're gonna say I'm degrading the thread by actually talking about a subject that he himself brought up...

I own a 23 year old Toyota supra. ^_^ I also love my YF-21.

If he love trucks and stuff that doesn't break so much he should buy a Toyota Tacoma.

BUY TOYOTA, HELP KEEP NUMMI RUNNING!

It's f@cking BULLSH!T that they're closing NUMMI.

Edited by eugimon

There was a lot of stress marks concern with MP SS when it came out. Mine broke... but yeah it was kinda cheap that I didn't whine about it. I havent had major breakage issues with Yamato, but I read all the horror stories.

1) You may have ADHD.

2) The YF-21 come with an extra paper detail the correct leg position. Without them in the right spot the belly plates don't fit.

3) Transformers general releases are rated for 5 years old. Still I manage to break a major hinge of my BW trans-metal Megatron, which I considered a good toy and my own fault. Yamato (USA) just rate all their stuff at 15+, from half-naked lady to the famously fragile Garland.

The first Garland is a major flop. I replaced the shoulders, but pieces keep falling off. The Proto Garland is an important improvement over the first release so I hold no grudges on Yamato, but I'm still waiting for another company to make a sturdier non magnets version and with a decently poseable figure.

Hey, we could call this "The Yamato Rant Tread"!