Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

Sure, but at a price that still higher than I'm willing to pay. I've decided that if I'm going to pay $200 for a toy, it'd better come with an app store.

To spend more money? :wacko:

To spend more money? :wacko:

Ha ha... not exactly.

I just meant that if I was going to spend that kind of money, I'd rather get a new phone, or a tablet. Something that does more than look cool and collect dust on my shelf. Most I've paid for a Transformer was $99 for MP Megatron, and I kind of regret it. He's such a PITA to transform, and his skinny little legs barely seem to support him, that I don't think I've touched him since I got him out of the box.

Gotta agree, it was tough for me as at first I had pre-ordered Rodi for the 200 dollar price tag. But when early reports showed the issues with the legs, back, those goggles etc...I just gave him up and hoped the Hasbro version would be fixed. Who knows, maybe it will maybe it wont, but I'm not hoping for much. I'll wait until October after the 2nd issue is out and see what's been addressed. Maybe it'll become a christmas present from the girlfriend.

Me too, I have MP-1 first edition, and also G1 Prime and Hybrid-Style Convoy. I only ever really display the THS one on my shelf. That said, this MP-10 really looks surprisingly good. They did a nice job. B))

Lol correction I all ready have two MP Primes, i have a ton of others from other series. While I do like the look and size just can't justify another one. But with that said maybe they will go back and redo Megatron now too.

Truck mode is better, but not WAY better. IMHO the front half is better, the back half is worse. Not nearly enough improvement in vehicle mode accuracy to warrant purchase. Still lacks side windows and proper doors, etc.

Looks good, just not 250$ good.

I'll buy one if it turns up at a reasonable price in the States, since I wouldn't mind having one more in-scale with the other MPs (not including Megatron, of course). But if I don't get him ever, I won't lose sleep over it.

I like it. As I only have one MP Prime, I may ultimately pick this up. I threw a pre-order down now just in case. Space may ultimately be the deciding factor as Sideshow's Prime is supposed to begin shipping sometime this month.

Optimus is the VF-1 of the TF universe. Not really surprising.

I just wish they'd do something else with the inside of the trailer. Roller is fine but the rest of that crap, while a homage to the original, just makes no damn sense.

Want. MP. Galvatron.

I believe that was the most-expected and one of the most-desired characters for MP-10. Goes with Rodimus, certainly famous enough to stand alone, has had very few iterations overall, and had an awful G1 toy.

Soundwave pops up a lot, but you gotta admit---much like Grimlock, he was already nearly perfect and an MP version would simply be a bigger and more articulated G1.

I believe that was the most-expected and one of the most-desired characters for MP-10. Goes with Rodimus, certainly famous enough to stand alone, has had very few iterations overall, and had an awful G1 toy.

Soundwave pops up a lot, but you gotta admit---much like Grimlock, he was already nearly perfect and an MP version would simply be a bigger and more articulated G1.

But Grimlock turned out to be one of the favorate MP, and transformers overall.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Personally, I think Grimlock was my favorite MP to date, with Prime being a close second, the Seekers taking third, and Megatron not just in last place, but almost certainly stuck there if they release a 100 more MP molds.

Rodimus isn't on my list as I have no first hand experience with him. I'm just hoping that after the Hasbro version is released that, even if only through Hasbrotoyshop.com, they make the trailer available. Hot Rod's had enough toys, and I really want a Space Winnebago.

But yeah, while I wouldn't say no to an MP Soundwave, there are other characters I want a lot more. Mostly Decepticons.

I think of it as a "deserving" thing. If a major character has never had a very good figure---they deserve it more than an equally-famous character that HAS had a pretty good figure (even if it was as far back as G1). I can think of no other character that has such an extreme dichotomy between their fame and their figures to date, as Galvatron.

Wouldn't be interested in MP Galvatron unless they redesign him to turn into something other than a tricycle with a giant penis stuck on it.

LOL - really? I always thought he just looked like a cartoon "space/sci-fi" cannon.

I'm in for the new MP-10 as I really wasn't wowed by original MP Prime and sold my stand-alone version on eBay about a year ago (kept the MP-04 version with the trailer MISB).

I also like that he's supposed to be in scale with MP Rodimus.

-b.

Wouldn't be interested in MP Galvatron unless they redesign him to turn into something other than a tricycle with a giant penis stuck on it.

I don't care what his alt mode is, I just prefer the buffer renditions of him in IDW books (like Spotlight: Galvatron) to the lankier Galvatron in the cartoon.

I think of it as a "deserving" thing. If a major character has never had a very good figure---they deserve it more than an equally-famous character that HAS had a pretty good figure (even if it was as far back as G1). I can think of no other character that has such an extreme dichotomy between their fame and their figures to date, as Galvatron.

I'm not sure what criteria they use to decide, but if I were picking I'd go pretty much solely on how awesome an MP toy of the character would be. So, yeah, Galvatron, Shockwave, Cylconus, a Megatron that doesn't suck, they'd be near the top of my list. Meanwhile, even though I love characters like Jazz and Wheeljack, I'm not really interested in detailed robots that turn into detailed cars... I got enough of that from Alternators/Binaltech, I guess. I'd prefer lesser characters that could still make an awesome MP toy, like maybe Razorclaw.

Edited by mikeszekely

I too would prefer some less popular characters *cough* Springer *cough* but it'll probably never happen. These figures almost certainly take the most time and money to develop, so Takara/Hasbro is probably only really willing to bite the bullet on stuff they know will sell.

I would love to see some characters that don't get a lot of figures made turned into higher grade toys. Cyclonus is a perfect example, his classics mold was pretty awesome for the time (and still is). But we really don't have many options to choose from with him. I'd like to see an improved Megatron to follow this new Prime (maybe not immediately, but someday) as I never really liked the original. I'd love to see a triple changer get MP treatment, it doesn't even have to be Springer. Hell give us a REAL Ultra Magnus. So I definitely would like to see some other characters get MP treatment.

All that being said, the much improved articulation that this new Prime seems to have is enough for me to want him, and I haven't bought an MP (though I've thought about it) since MP-01.