Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

Guest sh002

i can't believe how cheap united voyager megatron was at amiami

hopefully another company makes a better mp ultra magnus trailer armor

hasbro should totally reissue gnaw and predaking. they both display well with classics/generations/universe figures

Is silver paint and a japanese box worth an extra $35 to you? :rolleyes:

Silver paint, maybe....ok not really. sadly they're sold out everywhere and I grabbed the last one from a dealer. Just need a manageable classic megatron since I have the mp one. Tho I don't even want to bother touching mp megs.

55 for United Megatron is a good deal, especially when compared to Takara or even Hasbro's previous release of the mold. It's a solid opportunity for those who missed him entirely without getting the ebay shaft. That being said, I'm dreading the hunt for Warpath and what his ebay prices will look like.

Edit: BBTS had more pre-orders open for Warpath by himself just after I posted this initially, so I just bit the bullet on their higher price. It's still likely to be cheaper than ebay or the gas I'll waste trying to find a store with him in stock.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

Guest sh002

is that 55 shipped? that's a good deal. mine came out to around 60 shipped and i'm planning on opening it. no regrets.

55 for United Megatron is a good deal, especially when compared to Takara or even Hasbro's previous release of the mold. It's a solid opportunity for those who missed him entirely without getting the ebay shaft. That being said, I'm dreading the hunt for Warpath and what his ebay prices will look like.

Edit: BBTS had more pre-orders open for Warpath by himself just after I posted this initially, so I just bit the bullet on their higher price. It's still likely to be cheaper than ebay or the gas I'll waste trying to find a store with him in stock.

$24.99 for a $12 deluxe icon8.gif.

They do have him, wheeljack and thundercracker in a box of three for $55 shipped. More than I'd like to pay but better than nothing.

I would've gone that route if I hadn't already bought the set with Thundercracker, Wheeljack, Kup and Scourge. It isn't my first choice, but it'll likely be the cheaper alternative as Warpath is the only new mold for this wave (I think anyways).

That and my local stores have really awful selections most of the time. My Target has basically nothing current on the shelves, it's basically pegs full of Bumblebee, Skullgrin and one or two others.

Just finished unboxing my Henkei Prime and I'm pretty floored. I know he's been out for a while, but I (for some reason) never picked up this mold and I'm so glad I finally did. He might be my favorite Prime figure to date (excluding MP Prime).

Looking at my collection now, it's really awesome having so many classic characters represented especially Prime and Megatron, the later of which I had never owned a figure of ever.

Dunno if this is old news, but the upcoming MP Convoy is reportedly the LAST reissue of the figure.

Just preordered one from HLJ; missed it several times because I had to funnel all my "fig funds" to Macross VF's, back when Yamato was re/releasing VF's like there's no tomorrow.

Here are a couple of pictures showing the differences between four (not including the Trans-Scanning figure) movie Bumblebee figures.

bumblebees01.jpg

bumblebees02.jpg

(from left) Hunt for the Decepticons Activators Bumblebee, Transformers Deluxe Class Bumblebee ver. 1.0, Hunt for the Decepticons Deluxe Class Battle Blade Bumblebee, Revenge of the Fallen Human Alliance Bumblebee with Sam Witwicky. Also pictured is the 2007 Trans-Scanning Bumblebee in Camaro mode, but it falls apart if you try to transform him. So for now, he's stuck in Camaro mode.

In case anybody's curious, HLJ and AmiAmi's sold out [discontinued, in HLJ's case] of MP-01L Convoys. I just pre-ordered one yesterday, and got already got a "payment received" email this morning. That was fast. This thing's been selling like hotcakes, and they even "un-linked" the page from the search engine.

BTW, HLJ works on Saturdays, now?

I picked up RTS Jazz about a week ago, and he's just plain cool. Use the top joints for his knees, though, otherwise he looks just plain goofy. I can see why they mounted the speaker system on the windows instead of under the spoiler, looks cool when they're deployed in robot mode.

Love the Porche Rally car mode.

Rumored to be an all new Optimus

Really? The sound stage didn't reveal much of anything, just random voice clips that some said mentioned the names of Rodimus and Megatron.

The words, "Last Shot" is etched onto the figure's back, which is visible during transformation and alt mode. Is that itself a clue, or just to differentiate this "final" release from the previous ones?

In any case, if it really is a new Optimus, I hope its an updated design of G1, like in those IDW comics. Those looked cool.

As in, a new G1 Prime? That'd be a waste, unless they can make vehicle mode WAY better while keeping robot almost as good.

An uber-awesome Movie Prime would be nice, though we've already got Buster Prime...

From what I heard, yes a modernized g1 optimus. Hints on the mp-1L soundbase include clips of convoy saying he will be reborn.

that would be cool but IMO, that would not make sense. if the voice base hints at Convoy being Reborn, I dont think think the next masterpiece will be Super Ginrai. Convoy and Super Ginrai were two totally different characters.

Star Convoy would be Convoy Reborn. A Masterpiece Star Convoy would rock.

Edited by Jeremy007