Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

What's everyone think of tf prime so far? I think they're up to ep 8 now.

I didn't like the first 3 eps, but have grown to like it. Reminds me of

Bw. Kids are less annoying as the eps continue.

It's ok. I don't mind the human kids, but the show itself is a little on the bland side, and I don't care for the Bayformers-inspired look. I mean, it's entertaining enough, but I'd rather they just continued Animated instead.

Guest sh002

anyone find kup, scourge, wheeljack, or thundercracker in california?

careful with rts wreck-gar. one of the clear antennas on his head broke off so i glued it back. in fact a lot of these figures show stress marks at connection places.

here's a pic of my powercore combiners with rearranged limbs. the one with the green chest stayed the same but now i have a full helicopter gestalt, demolition gestalt, and a better looking stunticon, combaticon, and aerialbot gestalt.

post-2880-0-58986100-1299457527_thumb.jpg

Been chasing the series on Youtube. The plot's pretty decent, and the characters look good. Arcee has a massive case of mass-shifting inconsistency, but I'll let that slide. Soundwave's my favorite character design by far--I've got a thing for UCAV's is all.

My only major complaint is Orci's and Kurtzman's infatuation with mute bots. As if making Bee speak in beeps and chirps wasn't enough [what, is R2-D2 his voice actor now?], they had to make Soundwave a mute [something about him choosing to stop speak or something like that.]

The kids are fine, except for Miko. It's like she goes out of her way to be annoying. If she were a live actor, she'd be TOTALLY overacting. At least Jack and Raf act like normal kids do.

I'm following it, but I think it's pretty much standard TF fare. Just a remix of previous TF stories - the possibility for humans to be the 'greater' evil is interesting, but I wonder how much/well that will be developed. Still, Animated started out in a similar manner and became a favorite.

I don't mind Miko or Jack so much, it's Raph (200+ IQ kid... sigh) that gets on my nerves.

Guest sh002

i find it ridiculous that a third party company has waited until now to make a new custom set for classics cliffjumper when that figure came out so long ago and is either hard to find or very expensive. i'm sure a lot of us non-scalpers/collectors don't have one.

He's talking about this: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BLZB10000&mode=retail

Also, a couple nice shots of the new Warpath: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/hires-images-of-generations-warpath/21019/

I was never a huge fan of the character, but I really like the figure. So I'll break down and get as it'd be the only (I think) classic character I haven't gotten in this line.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

oh, I thought he meant the TFC toys one from like 3 years ago.

In any event the whole point of 3rd party limited run items is to appeal to hardcore collectors who probably already have the figure in question (or are willing to pay crazy scalper prices).

Also, a couple nice shots of the new Warpath: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/hires-images-of-generations-warpath/21019/

I was never a huge fan of the character, but I really like the figure. So I'll break down and get as it'd be the only (I think) classic character I haven't gotten in this line.

Speaking of warpath, he looks AWESOME in the new movie video game trailer. I hope we get a toy of that version too. TBH, I've never really cared all that much about the character either but his most recent incarnations are too cool looking to ignore.

Does anyone know if there is (either on another figure or in a 3rd party set) a decent modern representation of Prime's iconic blaster? I have a Henkei Prime coming soon and I'd like to have him with a more traditional weapon.

welp! just an update on the tf retail-hunt...

just verified that two Target near me now have stocks of the RTS-line such as Jazz, Perceptor, and Tracks. As well as the usual Prime, Lugnut, and Bumblebee.

as for Wally's, I actually saw a few Blurr on their pegs last weekend.

so check your nearest b&m for them if you haven't gotten them, yet.

However, still no sightings of Wheeljack, Wreck-Gar, and Grappel. Not sure if Warpath's supposed to be out already.

Does anyone know if there is (either on another figure or in a 3rd party set) a decent modern representation of Prime's iconic blaster? I have a Henkei Prime coming soon and I'd like to have him with a more traditional weapon.

you could try this: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TFC10011&mode=retail

However, still no sightings of Wheeljack, Wreck-Gar, and Grappel. Not sure if Warpath's supposed to be out already.

I think warpath is part of the next wave after wheeljack/scourge/thundercracker.

I got a pretty awesome box from BBTS today, It had the set of 4 deluxe figures (Thundercracker, Scourge, Cup, Wheeljack) as well as the United re-issue of classics Megatron. Scourge is probably my favorite new mold out of the 4. There is almost no sign of a robot when he is in his jet/plane mode, and he pulls off some pretty neat tricks during transformation. Cup and Wheeljack are nice, but I'm not as floored by Cup as I thought I'd be (though he also does some really cool stuff during transformation). I would say the biggest surprise of the 4 is Thundercracker who just looks fantastic. He has a really nice blue plastic for his major coloring and his just is a great smooth silver paint app. He's probably the best looking seeker of the bunch (including the coneheads).

I'm a bit late to the party in terms of this Megatron mold since I missed out on it originally, but I'm really impressed with him. Nice paint apps and an awesome homage to the original design. I'm glad I decided to shell out for him.

I got a pretty awesome box from BBTS today, It had the set of 4 deluxe figures (Thundercracker, Scourge, Cup, Wheeljack) as well as the United re-issue of classics Megatron. Scourge is probably my favorite new mold out of the 4. There is almost no sign of a robot when he is in his jet/plane mode, and he pulls off some pretty neat tricks during transformation.

Me too! :lol:

Scourge is really superb. His transformation seems like it might be simplistic, but there is some interesting folding going on and he looks great in BOTH modes.

5519114168_b79b290a5c_b_d.jpg

Thundercracker's paint apps look really solid. He's probably the best of the 3 original seekers.

Edited by Grand Admiral

Guest sh002

i now have an opened universe voyager optimus prime. for a figure that came out a while back it's pretty badass looking.

i wish they would have made the universe/generations seekers in voyager scale because now they are shorter than the g1 cars when it should be the other way around.

i now have an opened universe voyager optimus prime. for a figure that came out a while back it's pretty badass looking.

i wish they would have made the universe/generations seekers in voyager scale because now they are shorter than the g1 cars when it should be the other way around.

Just wait for iGear to release their scaled down MP seekers plus their MP versions of the coneheads - they look bad ass. Personally I'm going to get Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp, they'll fit in nicely with Henkei Megs and the other classics.

Guest sh002

hasbro needs to reissue universe megatron in grey and black with an orange or red tip for gun mode. i would buy it since wfc megatron looks cool but not cool next to universe voyager optimus.

fansproject should make powermaster prime armor.

Edited by sh002

Went to f&s today. They're selling scourge, wreckgar, kup, perceptor for $20 each, and wheeljack for $40. I think now I just go there to get angry. I just order sets from bbts. Might cost a lil more than from a b&m but it saves gas from hunting these down.

Wheeljack being 40 is pretty nuts, he's not even the best figure of that bunch imo. I suppose he might be the most popular though, still that's just robbery, ebay probably has better prices.

I'd like to see Hasbro reissue several of the older classics, especially Skywarp and Ramjet. Seems like the perfect time since it wasn't until recently you could complete those teams domestically. At least Takara has the right idea reissuing Megatron.

Shoo, I'm not even sure Hasbro would need an orange/red tip. I ordered my Takara reissue from BBTS and they didn't alter the figure (though they did/do with MP Megatron).

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

Guest sh002

they should release a 3 pack with universe starscream, generations thundercracker, and universe skywarp. i'd buy that.

wtf, HASBRO?!

why are you flooding/carpet-bombing all the b&m's with skullgrin???!!!

sh*t! as you can tell, folks, ain't nothing purchase-worthy this week in my area.

all the pegs on the Target's, Wally's, and TRU's in my area from my recent walkabout are filled up to overflowing with Hasbro's favorite shelfwarmer Skullgrin.

wtf, Hasbro! F-U!

Well, I'll trade you a Mindwipe for a Skullgrin. I've only seen Perceptor and and Wreck-Gar once, and those were the ones I picked up. Everything else is Mindwipe, Ravages, and a smattering of Cliffjumper. My only worry is that once RTS dies down and gets replaced with DOTM toys, the last couple of figures I really want (Warpath, Windcharger) might get lost in the shuffle and I'd have to rely on the secondary market.

After seeing a lineup comparing the Kup releases, I'm beginning to think that the e-Hobby exclusive is the best looking one (once the battle damage is given an alcohol rub, that is). I'm really tempted now to plunk down the cash to get the 3-pack he comes in, and get a generic Junkion to boot.

Man. After too many disappointing trips to my local stores looking for Transformers, I decided to expand my search to the next town over (where they have a Kohl's!). I didn't find beans. And the funny thing is, it's not that the shelves are clogged with Skullgrins (although there are a few)... they're mostly empty. My local TRU consolidated their Transformers to half a section, and filled the other half with Tron figures. Walmart smooshed theirs down to make room for Thor. And both the Targets I went to just had one or two Skullgrins and a ton of empty space. Kohl's had all their Transformers on a single endcap... ironically, they had a ton of Jazz and Tracks, but that's about it.

I've also noticed that the local stores are reducing the Transformers sections. Making room for Thor and Pirates 4 stuff.

Edited by one_klump

Late last year, Hasbro sparked controversy when they announced the name of an upcoming Power Core Combiners figure. The PCC Stunticons set was named "Spastic". In the UK and Australia, the general public was outraged, as the word "spastic" is a derogatory term for people with disabilities. As a result, Hasbro change the figure's name to "Over-Run".

However...

Nice going, Hasbro.

Nice going, Hasbro.

yeah, because it's TOTALY reasonable to ask them to de-box thousands of toys, print new boxes and repack them so as not to offend people in countries that the toy isn't even being sold in. :rolleyes: