Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

A serious question, with a bit of an explanation:

When I was a kid (Back in the dark ages), the very first transformer I bought was 'Prowl', the Nissan 280ZX police car. Now, several years ago, I was able to find a reissue of that one, and recently, I found another version of Prowl based on a newer Nissan ZX (Forgive me, since I can't rightly think of the model number right now). Prowl was, and always will be, my favorite transformer, so here's my question:

How many versions of the Prowl G1 model are there?

Thanks!

There's only been two versions of the original G1 Prowl: the 1984 release and the 2002 reissue. The newer 350Z Prowl you got is from the Transformers Universe Classics line.

that tfclub devastator looks interesting.

that idw blurr looks awesome compared to generations blurr. i would have liked it if generations blurr had its own futuristic car mode similar to animated but i will still pick it up if i see it on the shelves. he would have fit in better with classics rodimus.

finally caved in and just bought an animated rodimus online. this hunt for him was getting pointless.

Edited by sh002

that tfclub devastator looks interesting.

that idw blurr looks awesome compared to generations blurr. i would have liked it if generations blurr had its own futuristic car mode similar to animated but i will still pick it up if i see it on the shelves. he would have fit in better with classics rodimus.

finally caved in and just bought an animated rodimus online. this hunt for him was getting pointless.

Funny thing is, Peg's alt mode looks like IDW Blurr's Earth mode. I know, I said we were going to ignore TF ongoing, but I meant because of Don Figouera's freakish bots.

I'm not saying a Peg repaint is the best Blurr ever, but I don't think it's really a bad choice, either.

im sure this has been asked and answered but why does everyone here call Drift "peg"?

One of the board members called him that when he couldn't remember the name. It instantly became his MW nickname.

I personally think it is because if you look at him in robot mode with all of his sword stowed away, he looks like he has pegs sticking out all over him.

Blackout is very tempting. How is it out of the box? :)

Thanks,

--MyClone

Alt mode is one real funky looking gunship bristling with gatling guns and missiles-I like it! There is no mechanism to spin the main rotor, it just spins freely, but there are a couple of individual blades that have trouble locking into place. Transformation is very simple and the resulting bot mode looks just his cartoon counterpart. He's surprisingly articulate, and he sports quite a menacing look when all the guns are in place. The rear portion of his alt mode becomes a weapon that launches the rear rotor as a disc, and it launches quite far. He's a great toy, I just wish he was a little larger. Not bad for someone who just got 15 seconds of screen time!

Is there hope yet for a Hot Rod in there? The naked car isn't shown so you could still say they are saving it (or the cab just sucks :p ).

Do you people with the Hasbro Grimlock find the chest locking a bit loose? The legs and arms of my Takara are very stiff but the chest likes to return to dino belly if I pose it much. Doesn't botter me since Dino mode with the bow tie, apron and drinks is just to awesome to display but if I ever find a cheap Hasbro he would have to be ready to be in "posable robot mode" only.

I guess it's kinda loose. But bringing the waist up locks the chest in place. Much like a Valk: locking the leg bar into the nose cone tightens everything up.

And yes. Hot Rod is definitely in there.

Huge windshield in his back kibble.

mprodimus11.jpg

Parts that are exclusive to Hot Rod's car mode.

mprodimus9-1-1.jpg

I've got the transformation worked out - minus a few little details.

99_30235_024051d35e86f9a-1.jpg

Edited by RD Blade

Alt mode is one real funky looking gunship bristling with gatling guns and missiles-I like it! There is no mechanism to spin the main rotor, it just spins freely, but there are a couple of individual blades that have trouble locking into place. Transformation is very simple and the resulting bot mode looks just his cartoon counterpart. He's surprisingly articulate, and he sports quite a menacing look when all the guns are in place. The rear portion of his alt mode becomes a weapon that launches the rear rotor as a disc, and it launches quite far. He's a great toy, I just wish he was a little larger. Not bad for someone who just got 15 seconds of screen time!

Thanks man! Now in my BBTS pile of loot. :)

Best,

--MyClone

For those that can't figure out the Hot Rod transformation...

This is from Jizai toys. It's basically an animated version of what we came up with on the TFW2005 boards.

There are some minor differences, but all in all a good animation.

http://jizaitoys.seesaa.net/article/159369825.html

He also put up one for Galvatron. You have to click the actual image for the animation to play btw.

I can't find my Energon combiners anymore, so I bit the bullet and got Superion and Bruticus off eBay. They've already shipped, so hopefully my Crossfire Bruticus things will arrive at roughly the same time.

I really wish I had bought the Aerialbots Crossfire set :(

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Anyone here have/getting the CrossFire Bruticus add-ons? (I'm still waiting/hoping for a repaint to match the original Energon release)

Yeah. I'm still waiting for my preorder.
I really wish I had bought the Aerialbots Crossfire set :(

I second that! Edited by RD Blade

damn the mp rodimus/hotrod is looking good. too bad all transformers aren't in scale with each other. mp optimus is way too big and i think faith leader is too small.

I've been waiting for this thing for over a year now. Thankfully the pre-order starts between 6-7 pm PST. I'll be home and smacking the refresh button to get this thing. I really didn't like how they only listed the production size of the sideshow edition, and not the standard. However, both being the same price, I'll go for w/e I can get.

Edit: Unless, 100 is the total run for the entire thing, Sideshow version and normal...in which case tomorrow night will be a touch stressful.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

Well they didn't list any on the press release, but I did see him at Comic Con so that helps a bit. He's roughly 2 ft tall, no lights, I dont think any Cullen signature on the box. Just a fairly large, insanely accurate statue of movie Prime.

This is probably the biggest rendition of Prime in any form I'll ever have a chance at getting, and I've been planning for him since comic con 09. So even without the gimmicks he's still a bit of a grail piece for me.

Got me some animated Ironhide! and he's..... Ok. He's well articulated, looks good in both modes has a nice transform and all but.....Eh. He's just average to me. Not horrible, not awesome just standard. Middle of the road for the animated line.

Well I was able to nail down a pre-order for the Sideshow edition of Prime. Now it's just a wait until they are actually shipping him out.

Congratulations man. That's a little out of my price range but it looks like an amazing piece. Absolutely stunning.