Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

That's a LOT of back kibble and hinges in robot mode. And the kibble does have a whole lot of Hot Rod's car-mode parts.

is this good kibble or bad kibble

it looks like all of that will snap together a lot more cleanly on the final product. the resin prototype is probably all floppy and that stand is in the way too

either way, this rodimus can light my darkest hour any time

I think that's just for the vehicle and robot mode chests. The Rodimus Prime vehicle mode hood is shorter than the Hot Rod/Rodimus' Prime's chest.

Also, Kurtd the goat on TFW pointed this out:

post-2653-128051508771_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fit For Natalie

*hopes dashed to bits on the jagged rocks below*

Not too long ago someone made a custom dinobot combiner from the G1 toys and called it Extinction. It looked pretty cool and you could tell the creator put a lot of work into it. It made me wonder what HasTak could do with new dinobots or even Predaking. It seems like animals are mostly ignored as alt modes recently.

I think that's just for the vehicle and robot mode chests. The Rodimus Prime vehicle mode hood is shorter than the Hot Rod/Rodimus' Prime's chest.

Good point. Hopefully we'll see some pics of the cab by itself soon - that should answer some questions.

Guest sh002

i'm thinking maybe its mp hot rod with armor parts inside the trailer to put on hot rod and his gun to make rodimus.

i think i'll settle with titanium scourge. it looks more g1 than the generations version.

Titanium Scourge sucks, though.

As for armour - Rodimus doesn't work like Ultra Magnus. It seems as though he just has a complex, convoluted transformation that's quite unlike the original toy or the movie's two different transformations for Hot Rod.

Guest sh002

gonna get tracks, jazz, windcharger, and grapple. will skip on scourge. don't like his alt mode. if i see the powercore combiner dinobots at a store i will most likely buy it.

all we need from the original g1 cars are wheeljack, skids, trailbreaker, and hoist.

Edited by sh002

My beef with PCC isn't the lack of robot modes---it's the lack of limb modes! Seriously, even most of the worst of G1 combiner limbs, were more limb-like than these. You'd think that not having a robot mode, would lead to better limb modes. But I don't think ANY of these have decent hands/arms yet, and very few are decent legs/feet.

I would buy a combiner that had no individual robot modes in a second--if combined mode had decent hands and feet, and not a collection of long gangly hinges with a sideways-mounted claw on the end.

Do you guys not like Scourge because alt mode isn't close enough to G1, or because you think it looks bad in general? Just curious, not interested in criticizing your opinion. :)

I actually like his new alt mode better than the G1 version. It kinda reminds me of Bumblebee's cybertronian alt mode in the first episode of the G1 series (which we still need a toy of!).

As for Titanium Scourge, I dig that toy. He's a little stiff and boring to transform, but he's a solidly constructed little guy and one of my favorite Titanium figures.

*ahem*

OH MY GOD SCOURGE!

OH MY GOD JAZZ!!

OH MY GOD TRACKS!!!

OH MY GOD PERCEPTOR!!!!

OH MY GOD WINDCHARGER!!!!!

OH MY GOD G1 LEGENDS PRIME, MEGATRON and STARSCREAM!!!!!!

*breathes into paper bag*

I'm as excited as you are! Get me Kup, Shockwave, and Wheeljack and I'll have basically all of the non-combiner, non-base Transformers I'd want (although I wouldn't mind a Classics Soundwave, Generations Soundwave will work).

I'm as excited as you are! Get me Kup, Shockwave, and Wheeljack and I'll have basically all of the non-combiner, non-base Transformers I'd want (although I wouldn't mind a Classics Soundwave, Generations Soundwave will work).

After seeing this batch I can't help but think they will give us a Classics/Generations/Whatchamacallit G1 style Soundwave later next year. I know the WFC Soundwave is in the Generations line, and I think he looks fantastic, but he doesn't quite fit the aesthetic. And as much as I love the MP3 Soundwave he doesn't quite match the Classics aesthetic either. And yes, the G1 reissue from TRU was considered part of the Classics line, but he doesn't fit in at all (awesome though he still is!). He's one of the last few super-popular characters left to be made in the Classics style so I'm sure we'll get him. Hell, we got a Classics casette even, but no true Classics Soundwave to put him in.

But yeah, Kup, Shockwave and Wheeljack really need to be done. And Wreck-Gar. And Springer (although Warbot fills in nicely). And since Powerglide, Windcharger and Seaspray got up-sized, I'd like to see Cosmos, Wheelie, Beachcomber and Warpath get made in at least scout size. And I still can't accept Blue Peg as Blurr so they need to do a proper Blurr. Interesting how this overload of awesome new TFs just makes me pine for even more. :lol:

Edited by eriku

After seeing this batch I can't help but think they will give us a Classics/Generations/Whatchamacallit G1 style Soundwave later next year. I know the WFC Soundwave is in the Generations line, and I think he looks fantastic, but he doesn't quite fit the aesthetic. And as much as I love the MP3 Soundwave he doesn't quite match the Classics aesthetic either. And yes, the G1 reissue from TRU was considered part of the Classics line, but he doesn't fit in at all (awesome though he still is!). He's one of the last few super-popular characters left to be made in the Classics style so I'm sure we'll get him. Hell, we got a Classics casette even, but no true Classics Soundwave to put him in.

But yeah, Kup, Shockwave and Wheeljack really need to be done. And Wreck-Gar. And Springer (although Warbot fills in nicely). And since Powerglide, Windcharger and Seaspray got up-sized, I'd like to see Cosmos, Wheelie, Beachcomber and Warpath get made in at least scout size. And I still can't accept Blue Peg as Blurr so they need to do a proper Blurr. Interesting how this overload of awesome new TFs just makes me pine for even more. :lol:

Maybe I'm a minority, but I actually like Blue Peg Blurr. He's got the IDW Blurr down to a T.

Awesome. Takara is using some STUDIO HALF EYE level magic to make Hot Rod and Rodimus the same toy.

It's a good thing they have the same robot mode in the show. It's also good that both of their G1 toys were incredibly simplistic.

Now all it needs is a display that plays Judd Nelson voice samples and Stan Bush music.

LOL, the latest latest theory/discussion at TFW2005 actually fits with what I thought when the wheels on his legs were first seen:

Not Hot Rod, but merely a "very complete" vehicle mode/cab for Rodimus, that is of course Hot Rod-esque in style/design. Or in other words--if you remove Rodimus' trailer, there's still a vehicle left, and not half a vehicle with legs sticking out.

Been following the thread a while now, and after what seemed like weeks of searching, I finally found Cybertron Prime and Bumblebee. Also found Drift (Peg?). I was traveling for work, about 3 hours away, and went into a TRU on my lunch break.

Its a shame that all the stores near my house on have Tuner Mudflap and Skids. I can't tell you guys how sick of walking into the toy section and seeing rows upon rows of the same godforsaken Tuner Mudflap over and over again.

BTW, Drift is a great toy, love the sword sheaths and the head sculpt.

Went to my local TRU today. I was pleased to find both Thrust and Peg there.

Thrust is great. While his wing fans would have been better molded into the wings ala the Botcon one, they're still pretty evocative of the original G1 toy. And you've got options... pose his wings down with the fans on the underside for a more traditional look, or flip them like the non-conehead seekers and peg the fans into the top for a more modern look. You can even peg them into his rear stabs for a... slightly retarded look. Sure, he's not perfect, but he might be my favorite version of the Classics seeker mold so far (and mine's eyes are ok!) Now if we could just get Hasbro to do Thundercracker already...

As for Peg, there seems to be a lot of love going around for his mold. I like the head sculpt. I like the way the swords store in both modes. I even like his Kawamori-esque hip kibble. His transformation is a little intricate without being as much a pain as Sideswipe/Sunstreaker or Smokescreen/Prowl/Bluestreak. But I'm kind of surprised no one's mentioned how crappy his shoulders are. They stick out too far in the front, and seem a little close to his torso (which is kind of narrow, compared to his feet), with a lot of kibble hanging off the top (basically the front half of the car).

The shoulders are one of my favorite parts actually. Just to be sure though, you are rotating the fender/hood of the car back so the front bumper is facing the rear of the figure, and the autobot logos on his shoulders are visible? Cause they don't seem to stick out far to me when done like that.

Another little tidbit for Drift owners (which I'm sure many have discovered) but you can store his large sword between the window and the door is his robot mode, giving him sort of a double sheath. I personally prefer this over his back storage and kinda falls in line with the Samurai theme he has.

The shoulders are one of my favorite parts actually. Just to be sure though, you are rotating the fender/hood of the car back so the front bumper is facing the rear of the figure, and the autobot logos on his shoulders are visible? Cause they don't seem to stick out far to me when done like that.

Yep. I've found that if you rotate the hood/fenders back further, so the headlights are almost pointing to the ground and nearly flush with the back of his arms, it'll elevate his shoulders instead of sticking them forward, but it'll kind of restrict his range of motion a tad. Can't decide if I like it better that way or not.

I do something very similar, maybe not quite as far, but close. Still, I really like his shoulders, I think they balance his bot mode well, especially with the size of his legs. Though I could understand if they are a bit too kibbley for some.

I will say this much... Peg's pretty poseable. Between his shoulders and his wrists, he has enough articulation to hold the big sword with both hands, with a range between holding it in front of him battle-ready to holding it above his head, as if about to deliver a final blow to his enemy. Bludgeon can barely hold his longer sword two handed, so I've got him pose with Peg with swords crossed.

I also found out the Peg's sword holder on his back is mounted on a small arm, so the sword can me tilted away from his legs in robot mode.

Count me in with those who finally just got Peg and Thrust. From the wally's I seldom go, too. I think I got their last Peg, but there were still a few Thrust figures. TRU only had a couple of Thrusts and no Peg at all.

fwiw, I passed on cybertronian Prime and Bumblebee.

edit:

Peg's really got alot of...pegs. :lol:

oh, well, he's kewl for posing.

anybody got the Sword of Omens for him, yet? :p

post-263-128064167899_thumb.jpg

Edited by treatment