Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

My TRU didn't have crap over the weekend, but I got time. I figure I'll pop over tomorrow and see what kind of pickings they got.

EDIT: They still don't have jack crap.

Edited by mikeszekely

TRU must be a regional store, since there are none in the Houston, Texas area. The store might not even be in the United States, for that matter. The only stores that even carry Transformers near me are the Copperfield Target and Wally-World (my little nickname for Wal-Mart).

Edited by Wanzerfan

TRU must be a regional store, since there are none in the Houston, Texas area. The store might not even be in the United States, for that matter. The only stores that even carry Transformers near me are the Copperfield Target and Wally-World (my little nickname for Wal-Mart).

TRU is an abbreviation for Toys R Us. I plugged Houston, TX into their store locator and found 10 of them within 25 miles of Houston. Since you mentioned your Target is in Copperfield, I plugged Copperfield, TX into the store locator and found one within 3 miles, in College Station on Harvey Rd. Does that sound familiar? I'm not sure if that's the right one or not. If you put Copperfield, TX in Target's store locator, it gives you an "incomplete information" error, so I'm not sure which Houston Target is the Copperfield one.

Got an email from TRU saying they don't have any idea when they're gonna be able to ship the MP Grimlock now.

Along with this nice blurb at the end

30-Day Policy

If the item(s) is not shipped by 08/27/2010 the item will be automatically cancelled and your credit card will not be charged, and/or your money will be refunded

Edited by eugimon

Got an email from TRU saying they don't have any idea when they're gonna be able to ship the MP Grimlock now.

Along with this nice blurb at the end

30-Day Policy

If the item(s) is not shipped by 08/27/2010 the item will be automatically cancelled and your credit card will not be charged, and/or your money will be refunded

Well you're obviously lying and making that up. :lol:

A few people over at TFW shared that same email a few days ago and people were accusing them of fabricating it. Kind of a crappy policy to uphold when they keep pushing the release date back. Hopefully it doesn't result in people having to re-place their orders, espeically now that the price has been raised.

I'm not even sure what the hold up is. We know they were manufactured, and we've seen them in their packaging. I figured the first delay was because they wanted to hype it a little more at Comic Con, but now? Either they're going to start shipping out and turning up in local stores soon, or TRU found that the demand was way higher than anticipated and wants more manufactured first.

Either way, buying one online (if it were even possible now) doesn't seem like a viable option at the moment. I'm just going to look for him on my thrice-weekly pilgrimages to my local TRU (where I'm still searching for Peg and Thrust... yeah, I'd order them from HTS at this point, but they're out of Peg).

Well you're obviously lying and making that up. :lol:

A few people over at TFW shared that same email a few days ago and people were accusing them of fabricating it. Kind of a crappy policy to uphold when they keep pushing the release date back. Hopefully it doesn't result in people having to re-place their orders, espeically now that the price has been raised.

what is pretty shaddy is I had already received a confirmation email that my order had gone through. At this point I'm thinking they're going to cancel everyone's order that went through at the lower price point.

I'll keep an eye out for you guys. I've got the MP version so I don't have a need for this one.

Peg and Thrust are hitting some Targets in full force around here. Hopefully that means they will be very easy for everyone to find soon.

*Pulls size 12 New Balance shoe out of mouth*

Okay, guys, I didn't realize the acronym when I first read it, and it confused me. For the record, I do know that there are Toys 'R Us stores in the area.

Yet another case where I embarass myself completely. :blink:

Anyone can ask a question, but it takes someone with integrety to ask a stupid one and own up to how painfully obvious the answer is when it is given. ;)

Peg and Thrust are hitting some Targets in full force around here. Hopefully that means they will be very easy for everyone to find soon.

I popped over to Target after dinner this evening. The Transformers at my Target used to be at the left end of the aisle, now they're at the right end. And a display that was previously Iron Man 2 stuff and later Toy Story 3 stuff is for Transformers now. The problem is, aside from a few Activators and one or two Power Core Combiners, they don't have anything. Just rows of empty pegs. Still, it's a positive sign that Target's ramping up for some new Transformer action.

I checked the TRU inventory system and the Rialto (CA) DC has the MP Grimlock. The next shipment is due in the fiscal week 27 (next week) I would expect delivery to the east coast DC's and possibly the stores the following week. Due to the nature of the product they may wait until the next shipment is received before distributing the initial allotment.

So I grabbed Peg and Thrust earlier.

Thrust is great, aside from being a Classics Seeker(I still think the base mold is pretty weak).

I like the metallic plastic they used for the red.

Unfortunately, MY Thrust has no eyes. They didn't paint them. At all. There's just indents above his cheeks. I HOPE this is a quality-control issue and not a case of "colors may vary" from the proto on the back of the box.

Peg is an awesome mold. I like how his feet transform.

His lower legs are pretty big, but I'm gont gonna complain that he isn't top-heavy.

The rubber sword is nowhere near as bad as it could be. It's a little dinky, but not really that bad.

Then he got some manga.

post-720-128036802381_thumb.jpg

He's been shouting something about Belldandy-sama for the last hour and swings that damn sword at me every time I get near him.

Good, looks like the wings on the hood do move so that he can be Hot Rod or Hot Rodimus. The article at seibertron.com says he is supposed to be Hot Rod but can combine with the trailer

Took me like 10 minutes on BBTS to find it because of that. =\

Heh, I searched for "Peg" on Hasbro Toy Shop for a few minutes before remembering that it was just our silly fan name for Drift. It was VFTF1 that coined the name earlier in this thread.

MP Rodimus Prime prototype pics. B))

I like what I'm seeing there. I'm still not sure it's a Hot Rod/Rodimus combo though. He looks kind of like Hot Rod in bot mode but strictly like Rodimus in alt mode. If it does have the capability to turn into Hot Rod it would have to be a sort of Hot Rod/Rodimus hybrid look. I'd be fine with that, but I'd be fine with just Rodimus, too. I have to admit though, I have no interest in trailers that transform into bases. I really wish they would have shown him sans trailer...

Edited by eriku

Rodimus looks great in bot mode, but he's just always had a terrible alt mode. A lot of the movie/post-movie G1 TFs did.

I'm still hoping we someday see MP Soundwave. An MP version of G2 Megatron would be pretty sweet, too. Still my favoruite version of the character (even if the toys he got back then were terrible).

That trailer looks like a perfect waste of plastic in my book; same as with the Fanprojects add on set for Hotrod. Wish they did like Optimus and have one without the trailer... who knows, maybe they will down the road.

Too bad that on both products robot mode looks great. Since getting Classics Hot Rod and the add on set looks expensive I might go just for the MP.

Then he got some manga.

He's been shouting something about Belldandy-sama for the last hour and swings that damn sword at me every time I get near him.

Weird, I would've had him pegged as a Naruto or even a Fruits Basket fan.

MP Rodimus looks very promising. The trailer looks bigger than it should be in the rear, but that's just a minor quibble. I too am getting the vibe that Hot Rod is in there somewhere as kanedaestes pointed out.

I also got Hasbro's 30 day notice email regarding MP Grimlock. I would definitely be peeved if my order ends up getting canned. Speaking of getting canned, did Evac (ROTF Blazemaster redeco) get cancelled? I thought he would've been on the shelves by now. I had plans of making it look like a Coast Guard heli.

So i figured out why the Rodimus MP seems off. The car canopy is too small. It's right for Rodiums prime, but not Hot Rod

It also looks mistransformed. The spoiler looks like it can be (and should have been) pushed forward.

Well, the latest pics show that it just might be a magical Hot Rod/Rodimus toy:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generation-1-1/clearer-pictures-of-masterpiece-rodimus-prime-170307/

That's a LOT of back kibble and hinges in robot mode. And the kibble does have a whole lot of Hot Rod's car-mode parts.