Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

they kill you on the shipping

That they do. Since shipping was already so high I tossed a Voyager Prime into my cart as well. $17 to ship both of them. Oh well, cheaper than EMS I suppose. -__-

As a funny sidenote, I couldn't find Peg on HTS at first. Can you guess why? I had typed in "peg". That's how curdled my brain has become.

You're welcome :) Just got this Hasbro MP Grimlock tonight at the local TRU (Malaysia)

Lucky find. Grimlock was supposed to be out by now at US TRUs, but abruptly decided to wait until after Comic-con.

Ok, I just learned that Blurr (blue peg) has guns, not swords. True to the character, but TF swords are kind of rare, especially good ones. But I don't plan to buy the mold twice. But, I'm a pretty big Blurr fan. I'm debating which version to pick up now...

Ok, I just learned that Blurr (blue peg) has guns, not swords. True to the character, but TF swords are kind of rare, especially good ones. But I don't plan to buy the mold twice. But, I'm a pretty big Blurr fan. I'm debating which version to pick up now...

Get both. I like the concept of Peg, but I'm not liking the paint finish. What I plan to do later this year is to get Peg and repaint him to something more Samurai-like - it'll be a coin-toss between the colors of Animated Prowl or the Masurao from Mobile Suit Gundam 00.

I'm siding with A7 on this one. It's less like buying multiples than Starscream and Acid Storm... at least Blurr is coming with different accessories and a new head mold. Get Blurr because he's the Classics version of an iconic G1 character that you like, and get Peg because he's a joke given Deluxe-class form.

I'm siding with A7 on this one. It's less like buying multiples than Starscream and Acid Storm... at least Blurr is coming with different accessories and a new head mold. Get Blurr because he's the Classics version of an iconic G1 character that you like, and get Peg because he's a joke given Deluxe-class form.

Peg and BLeg play chess together in the IDW books too...at least I think that was chess.

Peg and BLeg play chess together in the IDW books too...at least I think that was chess.

It was Go, the Chinese board game popularised in the west through Japan.

It was never explained where Drift got the concept of the game from, as nobody on that ship had been to Earth yet.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Dang, that thing is huge! It looks like it might give Unicron a run for its money.

Speaking of oversized, when is Warpath going to get his treatment? Powerglide and Seaspray are all in, but Warpath got assed out when Hasbro handed out the biggifying pills. I know I'd be down for a big red tank that said "Bang!" and "Pow!" all the time.

Ok, I'll reiterate:

There is absolutely no way I'm going to buy 2 copies of that mold.

Then get Blurr. Transformers with swords are rare because... well, I'm sure you've seen that scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark where Indy shoots that guy with the scimitar.

Then get Blurr. Transformers with swords are rare because... well, I'm sure you've seen that scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark where Indy shoots that guy with the scimitar.

Of course, Peg can actually cut lasers out of the air with his swords. And if he pulls the big sword out, he can actually use the edge to REFLECT lasers back at the attacker like a robo-Jedi. Which is why he doesn't carry guns.

Damn HTS is fast - they shipped Peg yesterday and I got him today. Really awesome figure, and his alt mode is huge! Sucks the sword is rubbery, but at least the one I got is straight and not completely bent and mishapen like Bludgeon's sword.

I also picked up the Aerialbots PCC set as an impulse buy at Target. My Target has pretty much gotten rid of TFs for the time being, so seeing some new stuff there made me go against my better judgement. I've known from the start that I probably wouldn't care for these toys, but I figured I'd at least give the Aerialbot set a chance since Silverbolt at least looked like a decent figure. Alas, the first thing that comes to mind after spending ten minutes with the set is "fiddly garbage". Yes, these are supposedly aimed at "teh kidz!", but I think that is exactly why this set fails.

-Extremely, incredibly, painfully hard to attach the limbs to the blue connectors. These should click in and out with ease but on every single limb I had to force them.

-The toy should feel durable if it's meant for kids - instead everything feels fragile and junky.

-limbs should, at the very least, look like something. No, they don't turn into robots. Fine. But is it too much to ask for them to at least look like arms or legs? OK, one of them sort of looks like an arm with a big nicely painted grippy-hand thing...but the rest look like broken aircraft. No feet, no hands, not even pincers, tentacles, flippers or whatever else might suggest some sort of locomotive ability. A combining feature on a robot should be an enhancement. On this guy it looks like a handicap. After he assembles his first thought is probably, "Now what?". I would complain about the minimal articulation in this mode and the fact that his shoulders don't peg to the body, but with no real limbs to speak of it seems a bit cheeky to bemoan a lack of articulation.

Anyway, like I said I mostly grabbed this set for the core robot - Silverbolt. Unfortunately he's not worth the price of admission. He's not even worth buying as a single figure. He doesn't peg together properly in bot mode, his transformation is needlessly fiddly, parts fall off easily and just feels sort of crappy. I doubt I'll keep him. Is it OK to return something to Target "because it sucks"? :lol:

Edited by eriku

Damn HTS is fast - they shipped Peg yesterday and I got him today. Really awesome figure, and his alt mode is huge! Sucks the sword is rubbery, but at least the one I got is straight and not completely bent and mishapen like Bludgeon's sword.

I also picked up the Aerialbots PCC set as an impulse buy at Target. My Target has pretty much gotten rid of TFs for the time being, so seeing some new stuff there made me go against my better judgement. I've known from the start that I probably wouldn't care for these toys, but I figured I'd at least give the Aerialbot set a chance since Silverbolt at least looked like a decent figure. Alas, the first thing that comes to mind after spending ten minutes with the set is "fiddly garbage". Yes, these are supposedly aimed at "teh kidz!", but I think that is exactly why this set fails.

-Extremely, incredibly, painfully hard to attach the limbs to the blue connectors. These should click in and out with ease but on every single limb I had to force them.

-The toy should feel durable if it's meant for kids - instead everything feels fragile and junky.

-limbs should, at the very least, look like something. No, they don't turn into robots. Fine. But is it too much to ask for them to at least look like arms or legs? OK, one of them sort of looks like an arm with a big nicely painted grippy-hand thing...but the rest look like broken aircraft. No feet, no hands, not even pincers, tentacles, flippers or whatever else might suggest some sort of locomotive ability. A combining feature on a robot should be an enhancement. On this guy it looks like a handicap. After he assembles his first thought is probably, "Now what?". I would complain about the minimal articulation in this mode and the fact that his shoulders don't peg to the body, but with no real limbs to speak of it seems a bit cheeky to bemoan a lack of articulation.

Anyway, like I said I mostly grabbed this set for the core robot - Silverbolt. Unfortunately he's not worth the price of admission. He's not even worth buying as a single figure. He doesn't peg together properly in bot mode, his transformation is needlessly fiddly, parts fall off easily and just feels sort of crappy. I doubt I'll keep him. Is it OK to return something to Target "because it sucks"? :lol:

Not-Silverbolt is very very disappointing. The bot mode...yeah it doesn't tab in well at all. Not secure. Cool jet mode and gerwalk mode. I actually found combined modes to be fun but I didn't really go by the box. My Smolder w/Combaticons and even Bombshock with Combaticons looks nothing like what Hasbro displayed on the box. I made Bombshock look more like ROTF Mixmaster. The Aerialbots are more fun with Huffer and Searchlight. I like using the minicons as Breastmasters on the combined bots but unfortunately, you can't use them like that on the team leaders.

The solo scouts are better team leader components. I like how Hasbro looks at these Combaticons/Aerialbots as just part of an armada, as opposed to replacing the originals. They aren't true successors for sure, I look at them more like scout figures that can attain extra armor.

I like how Hasbro looks at these Combaticons/Aerialbots as just part of an armada, as opposed to replacing the originals. They aren't true successors for sure, I look at them more like scout figures that can attain extra armor.

Yeah, I warmed up to the idea of PCC (even though I'd prefer robot modes on the drones) but I just couldn't get into any aspect of the Aerialbots. If they make a PCC set with arms and legs that actually look like arms and legs I'll have another go. As for my Aerialbot set, it's already been returned to Target.

In happier news, Peg is all kinds of awesome. I love how well he fits into the Classics display even though he's not a classic character. His aesthetic matches perfectly and he adds some much needed white to the display. Damn fun to transform, too. I still don't think the mold is appropriate for Blurr, no matter how blue they make him. Until Blurr gets a proper Classics style figure he will remain represented by his Animated toy in my display.

I gave up the hunt: TRU's site has MP Grimlock available for preorder for $60 with free shipping on orders over $49. And HTS has the new Scouts Hubcap and Brimstone in stock if anyone else wants to save gas on toy runs ^_^ .

Already out of stock. Ouch. Maybe if I keep hitting F5 that will change.