Macross General SCOOPUDA thread

azrael

It's so... technical. Maybe the new series i'ts about engineers? Or architects...? Or Plastic Models makers? :D

Also that blue sky.... Will it take place in a planet? Time to leave the emigration fleets behind..?

So many questions...

Edited by Gerli

The first batch of photos from that "Macross Totsugeki Deculture" unofficial fan-run live event is in! This is the same one that Tochiro mentioned and posted the photo of in the previous page. First up it's Kakizaki (who sang the Macross theme), Minmay and Ishtar. Fire Bomber and Sheryl/Ranka will be featured in a forthcoming blog post.

http://ameblo.jp/totsudeka/entry-12073169868.html

Also, I should remind everyone that we will talk about this in depth on a future podcast! Spoilers: It was totally awesome.

My one regret is that I should have gotten a photo of the entire line-up, since they are all in their special anniversary costumes from the Crossover illustration. They looked fantastic.

It's so... technical. Maybe the new series i'ts about engineers? Or architects...? Or Plastic Models makers? :D

Also that blue sky.... Will it take place in a planet? Time to leave the emigration fleets behind..?

So many questions...

I would prefer if it took place on a planet or something similar. We've already had two tv series about fleets after all.

The first batch of photos from that "Macross Totsugeki Deculture" unofficial fan-run live event is in! This is the same one that Tochiro mentioned and posted the photo of in the previous page. First up it's Kakizaki (who sang the Macross theme), Minmay and Ishtar. Fire Bomber and Sheryl/Ranka will be featured in a forthcoming blog post.

http://ameblo.jp/totsudeka/entry-12073169868.html

Also, I should remind everyone that we will talk about this in depth on a future podcast! Spoilers: It was totally awesome.

My one regret is that I should have gotten a photo of the entire line-up, since they are all in their special anniversary costumes from the Crossover illustration. They looked fantastic.

Awesome! Thanks Renato!

As Tochiro said in the Delta news post on the MW front page, to celebrate the new series, all of the theatrical Macross movies will see another release on BD! But these are not simple reissues, they all come with brand new staff & cast commentaries and brand new Tenjin/Ebata/Mikimoto artwork! Also, they will come with special bonus items depending on where you preorder from. 5000 yen each, except for M7: The Galaxy is Calling Me, which is 3800.

Bandai Visual has put up a preview of Mikimoto's new cover illustration for DYRL, enjoy :) :

post-1318-0-31923100-1443178465.png

Edited by Renato

As Tochiro said in the Delta news post on the MW front page, to celebrate the new series, all of the theatrical Macross movies will see another release on BD! But these are not simple reissues, they all come with brand new staff & cast commentaries and brand new Tenjin/Ebata/Mikimoto artwork! Also, they will come with special bonus items depending on where you preorder from. 5000 yen each, except for M7: The Galaxy is Calling Me, which is 3800.

Bandai Visual has put up a preview of Mikimoto's new cover illustration for DYRL, enjoy :) :

It's affordable... but I'm saving up for the previous box set release. <_<

Seems like all the upcoming blu-ray releases are already up for pre-order on amiami with a 20% discount. Very affordable.

Edited by neoexcaliber

Thanks for the news (and confirmation that it is actually delta, and not any of the other labels we could attach to an image of a closed shape composed of three straight line segments connected at the ends)!

The upright/vertical portions of the wings on the blue and white valk look a bit wonky to me... Need moar pics! XD

Great Mechanics G: 2015 Autumn

Macross/Kawamori Content
4 pgs (colour & B&W) on the Kawamori "The Transformation" exhibit currently ongoing at the Tezuka Osamu museum. There are only a few pictures of the "no photography" part of the exhibit (and all too small to make heads or tail of), but the interview with Kawamori looks insightful.

6 pgs (B&W) on Cyber Formula, with another interview with Kawamori (yes, it's not Macross, but can you see a theme developing with the ongoing museum exhibit and in anticipation of the release of "Macross Delta"?).

5 pgs (B&W): the "Pinpoint Mechanics" regular Macross column - this time focusing on the VF-1S Strike Valkyrie, and the VF-1A Super Valkyrie. Most of the art comes from DYRL, but there are also a few pieces from SDFM. The VT-1 Ostrich also makes a guest appearance and... you guessed it, ANOTHER interview with Kawamori accompanies the article.

1 pg (B&W) reviewing the new Hi-Metal R VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Ichijo Hikaru craft).

4x pg (colour & B&W) on the new Thunbderbirds - with the Kawamori designed mecha and blurb on his involvement included.

1/9 page (B&W) mini review of the Hasegawa 1/4000 SDF-1 Macross Fortress Ship - SDFM ver.

Kawamori's regular column doesn't appear this issue.

Thanks for the news (and confirmation that it is actually delta, and not any of the other labels we could attach to an image of a closed shape composed of three straight line segments connected at the ends)!

Ah, but it's not a closed shape anymore! It's an OPEN shape! (And really looks more like an A now)

It's a special ticket preorder exclusive for Tamashii Nations 2015 at the end of October.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Thank you sirs! Totally missed the thread about this....info is coming in too fast for me!

All diecast eh? Looks what was old is new again!

gallery_12176_633_61945.jpg

Must get one....if anyone can help let me know....or are any online shops carrying it?

What I'm interested to know is if DYRL is identical to the first blu-ray release -- the censored clips and the altered music score.

What I'm interested to know is if DYRL is identical to the first blu-ray release -- the censored clips and the altered music score.

Me too. We have a couple of hints, though. 1) It is not a "Hybrid Pack", meaning it will not be marketed as a game this time, and therefore perhaps standards are different dictating content. 2) It has been announced as having improved visuals, as the "HD visuals have been even further brushed up to give a better high-quality image!" If they're going in and changing things yet again, then that tells me there's a possibility that they have removed the censoring. Wishful thinking at this point, though.

Me too. We have a couple of hints, though. 1) It is not a "Hybrid Pack", meaning it will not be marketed as a game this time, and therefore perhaps standards are different dictating content. 2) It has been announced as having improved visuals, as the "HD visuals have been even further brushed up to give a better high-quality image!" If they're going in and changing things yet again, then that tells me there's a possibility that they have removed the censoring. Wishful thinking at this point, though.

From what you quoted, it sounds like they will sharpen the soft parts.

Amazon Japan lists a regular and limited edition already, availability on 29 Jan 2016. Argh, I thought this is a budget release? Even a budget release has a limited edition? :D

From what you quoted, it sounds like they will sharpen the soft parts.

Amazon Japan lists a regular and limited edition already, availability on 29 Jan 2016. Argh, I thought this is a budget release? Even a budget release has a limited edition? :D

The content is the same. It's one of the incentive editions. The Amazon exclusive version comes with an 3-fold case, the Tsutaya exclusive comes with some other stuff, etc.

I'm curious as to exactly what the Tsutaya exclusive comes with, even if I can't purchase them outside Japan.

From Bandai Visual's Home page:

「マクロス」シリーズ 劇場版 店舗特典(各作品毎に特典が付きます)

<アニメイト> ジャケットサイズイラストカード

※過去に発売されたパッケージのジャケットイラスト使用

<Amazon> オリジナル三方背ケース

※版権イラスト使用

<TSUTAYA RECORDS(※一部店舗除く)/TSUTAYAオンライン> オリジナルブロマイド

※版権イラスト使用

Animate Exclusive edition will have "Jacket-sized illustration cards", Amazon will have the special case (I looked into it, it's actually just going to be an outer box, not really a "3-fold case" as I described earlier, sorry), and Tsutaya will have an original "bromide", which is basically a high-quality image on photo stock paper. I already ordered the Amazon version of DYRL... Not sure what to do about the others. I love that M7 movie, but one half-hour BD... I'm quite on the fence about that. Frontier doesn't really draw me in and MacPlus is somewhat bland at this point.

Or I might just break down and get them all. I don't know what to do!! :wacko::lol:

Or I might just break down and get them all. I don't know what to do!! :wacko::lol:

In times like these, I like to ask ... What Would Ash Ketchum Do?

The answer usually comes back to me, a voice in my head that tells me "gotta catch 'em all."