Macross General SCOOPUDA thread

azrael

Great Mechanics.DX 29 (summer 2014)

Macross Content:

2 page buildup and review of the 1/48 VF-1S/A Strike/Super Valkyrie kit. It ends with a reveal of the 1/48 VF-1J Max/Mira Super Valkyrie with Reaction Weapons kit.

What I found more interesting is the 6 page article just before that with a Kawamori Shoji interview basically on the new "M3" series and the design of the Argent transforming mecha. Most interesting is the article's subtitle: "the current form of Kawamori's design, seen in "Argent".

Aside from some rough sketches and the finished Argent mecha, there's also a page showing the Lego design process - the new twist is that he's (or someone) rendered it in the Lego 3DCG build program, in addition to building it in bricks!

• 2 weeks later...

Going on sale at the Tokyo Anime Center on July 5 to commemorate the upcoming bluray box - Macross 2 smartphone cases and art cards. The smartphone cases are 2000yen each and the art cards are 600yen each. Prices do not include consumption tax.

post-9325-0-09174300-1403851462_thumb.jpg

post-9325-0-02215800-1403851464_thumb.jpg

post-9325-0-19343800-1403856128_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tochiro

The EP also contains 4 Macross related songs and her first spanish langauge track, aswell as others.

The pronunciation of both Japanese and Spanish resemble, especially vowels, so I think she sings well.

それにしてもこの人いつも若作りだよな・・・*talk to myself*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yoshiki Fukuyama will have his own agent company from the next November.

His new fan club starts from Oct 10.

http://www.mojost.co.jp/

(Japanese)

Edited by antibiotictab

Piece Of Peace 3 [Osaka 2014.07.19 to 08.31]

http://www.pofp.jp/

This is an exhibition of world heritage sites built in Lego.

Unexpectedly, Kawamori Shoji's VF-25 has its own display in it - in all three modes (that's 1 set each for Fighter, GERWALK, and Battroid).

[Picts, etc., to come]

COSPA will release a Roy Focker jinbei (traditional Japanese summer/festival garment for men) in late September (a bit late for festival season, but oh well theres always next year I suppose).

The garment will retail for 7800yen, which is fairly reasonable for a jinbei, and be available in both Medium and large sizes. Dont just keep cool in summer when you can also be cool :-)

post-9325-0-17231200-1408685342.jpg

post-9325-0-01836400-1408685343.jpg

post-9325-0-85415700-1408685343.jpg

I wouldn't count two month between chapter a looooong time personnally. I've followed some mangas which had years of hiatus....

That said there are already around 120-125 pages published page for this new volume, so in a couple of chapters there'll be enough material for a new tanbokon. Si this could happens before the end of the year if there isn't another unexpected hiatus.

-Sergorn