Macross General SCOOPUDA thread

azrael

The utility of a potential BD set with English subtitles so that I can easily share with friends and family that are not familiar with Macross trumps the arguably better picture quality of the Bandai set....at least for me?

So if you care more about the subs than the PQ, why not just watch the existing DVD's?

But the recent ease of adding subs to your Japanese BDs trumps your excuses for buying the set... at least for me?

How dare I even think about an English-subtitled BD release of Macross, no one but I apparently would appreciate it.....I guess I just thought I was a Macross fan.....thanks for clearing that up for me Gubs!

How dare I even think about an English-subtitled BD release of Macross, no one but I apparently would appreciate it.....I guess I just thought I was a Macross fan.....thanks for clearing that up for me Gubs!

And... SHOVING WORDS INTO MY MOUTH!! Thanks, jvmacross!!

You obviously haven't seen the Bandai bluray set. All AnimEigo had to work with were HG's shite masters, and that stone has been bled for all its worth. Bandai's BD remaster on the other hand looks like you're watching the animation cel's projected directly onto your screen.

Which is both good and bad. I dunno it looks too much like I am watching the actual animation process since you can see the cel sheets on 16mm Blu Ray releases.

For me the DVD of the Animeigo release still looks pretty nice upscanned on my 42 HDTV.

A news from Famitsu. This one was revealed at midnight. Hmmmm.

http://www.famitsu.c...2/06025164.html

Some screen shots and summary.

Miss Macross Contest Singer Wing winner, Haruka Chisuga as Mina Forte.

Mamoru Miyano joins this game? Wow... Yuichi Nakamura, Hiroshi Kamiya and Mamoru Miyano... Fujoshis will definitely go off into ecstasies about it.

I am looking forward to seeing the brand-new VF called "VF-30 Kronos (or Khronos, Chronus)."

P.S.

Wow, 3 Nomes...

l_50b763d205c9a.jpg

Edited by antibiotictab

Newtype Vol.16 is out, and...

no Macross content! Grrr...

Well, there's some, but it's incredibly paltry.

1 pg Banpresto/Craneking ad on the back of the front cover featuring (mainly) Ranka and Sheryl figurines, and...

NA Anime Station (all the following news in 1/6 a page...):

- Macross Super Dimensional Seminar: on air until 12.24 (Tokyo MX) or 01.04 (BS11).

- Game: Macross 30: recycled info

- Macross 7 Blu-ray Box: Complete Fire 2: recycled info

- Macross Chojikuu tenran-kai: now this is exciting (for me): cause the venue is 5 minutes walk from my house! Bwahahahaha! Ahem, I was wondering where they were going to house the 1/1 VF-25 GERWALK, and apparently it will be in Hirapa: http://www.chojikuutenrankai.com/

The stamp rally looks very travel intensive (#1: event venue, #2 Nyan Cafe (in Hirapa), #3 Animate Nipponbashi (!?! within Osaka city), #4 Animate Hirakata (almost walking distance from Hirapa), and #5 Animate Kyoto (!?! within Kyoto city).

For Macross content... that's it! No manga. No Macross Ace Plus. No Goods News...

The only good news is for next issue:

Macross the First

Macross FF

Edited by sketchley

Newtype Vol.13 is out, and...

1 pg Banpresto/Craneking ad on the back of the front cover featuring (mainly) Ranka and Sheryl figurines, and...

- Macross Super Dimensional Seminar: on air until 12.24 (Tokyo MX) or 01.04 (BS11).

- Macross Chojikuu tenran-kai: now this is exciting (for me): cause the venue is 5 minutes walk from my house! Bwahahahaha! Ahem, I was wondering where they were going to house the 1/1 VF-25 GERWALK, and apparently it will be in Hirapa: http://www.chojikuutenrankai.com/

The stamp rally looks very travel intensive (#1: event venue, #2 Nyan Cafe (in Hirapa), #3 Animate Nipponbashi (!?! within Osaka city), #4 Animate Hirakata (almost walking distance from Hirapa), and #5 Animate Kyoto (!?! within Kyoto city).

For Macross content... that's it! No manga. No Macross Ace Plus. No Goods News...

Macross the First

Macross FF

Thanks...Is Document of Macross done or is there any indication that 007 be included with the next issue?

Newtype Vol.13 is out, and...

Macross the First

Macross FF

Hmm, shouldn't the next(current?) issue of NA be Vol 16? The previous issue was Vol 15 with the Mylene and Sheryl cover and the latest MTF chapter to date, right?

Edited by hulagu

Hmm, shouldn't the next(current?) issue of NA be Vol 16? The previous issue was Vol 15 with the Mylene and Sheryl cover and the latest MTF chapter to date, right?

Correct.

Fixed the original post. Wonder where the 13 came from... 2013 perhaps?

http://www.macross30.com/news/

Official 30th anniv. news site got updated again, with a couple of cryptic events(?):

1) "Oshare Macross VD", from 6th Feb 2013. I imagine this is a continuation of the Oshare Macross ("Fashionable Macross") department store "shop-in-shops", but with an added, and rather unfortunate, suffix.

2) The huge VF-1J display at the Akihabara UDX Anime Centre Official Shop has been slightly modified... instead of holding a train station sign reading "Suidobashi", it now reads "Kyoto"... with "Shinjuku" indicated as the previous station. It then hints that there will be one more "stop", designated with a question mark. What can all this mean?

It is odd, because there is no train line directly connecting Shinjuku and Kyoto, one would have to change to the Shinkansen at Tokyo.

The previous sign showed Suidobashi in between Shinjuku and Akihabara which doesn't make much sense, either, since they skipped Ochanomizu before Akihabara on one side and a bunch of other stations before Shinjuku on the other. Not to mention the Anime Centre itself is right next door to Akihabara and not that close to Suidobashi anyway.

2) The huge VF-1J display at the Akihabara UDX Anime Centre Official Shop has been slightly modified... instead of holding a train station sign reading "Suidobashi", it now reads "Kyoto"... with "Shinjuku" indicated as the previous station. It then hints that there will be one more "stop", designated with a question mark. What can all this mean?

I wonder why Kyoto? The next Macross is made by Kyoto Animation? lol Even though so many Kyo-Ani fans are still waiting for the brand-new "Full Metal Panic" series? No way. Sorry for my joke.

But actually Kyo-Ani made some parts of DYRL before. I found its name on the ending credit.

Wow, that was surprisingly good!

Anyway, just a heads-up for you guys:

Great Mechanics DX #23 has a Macross 30th Anniversary feature on scriptwriter Sukehiro Tomita. For those not in the know, Tomita wrote DYRL, Mac II, was the main writer for Mac 7, collaborated with Mikimoto on the Baby Birth manga and more.

I don't have the mag yet, but I thought to point it out just because it's rather rare to see interviews with him.

While most of the mecha-heads are no-doubt over at the Toys forum and therefore are already aware of this, Save and I did a photo gallery of how to transform a VF-4G.

http://www.macrosswo...lery/#more-3968

Kudos to SAVE for orchestrating, taking, and editting the pics!

This is the absolute greatest face-censoring ever:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macrosswp/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/F-12.jpg

Dengeki Hobby 2012.02

Pg 15 Topic 11

It's been decided that the latest Macross PS3 game is a collaboration with Dengeki Hobby!

Macross 30 ~the singing voice that connects the galaxy~

In commemoration of the 30th Macross anniversary, a long-awaited new game appears. Mr Kodachi Ukyo, who wrote such things as the "Macross F" novelization and this magazine's original Macross story, "Macross the Ride", is in charge of the scenario of this game. Even though we've only heard that in addition to the appearance of successive generations of Macross characters and mecha, that it is set 1 year after "Macross F" in 2060, our expectations are high for this game. It's been decided that'll be a collaboration between Dengeki Hobby magazine and this fan's long-awaited game.

Although the details will be announced next issue, we wanted to at least inform you of the planned novelization of the setting of this new game. Of course, because Mr. Kodachi Ukyo is in charge of the writing, the degree of perfection in this work is guaranteed.

A new Macross story starts from Dengeki Hobby, in a wonderful collaboration between a game and a modelling magazine!

Caption: All appearances of the Macross characters and aircraft are in the game. The new YF-30 aircraft that appears this time is, of course, designed by Kawamori Shouji! It's an aircraft that asks what kind of transformation mechanism it has!"

Caption: the new Valkyrie "YF-30"

Macross 30 ~ the singing voice that connects the galaxy~

2013.02.28 planned release

Price: regular version ¥8,380 (including tax)

initial limited edition ¥11,800 (including tax)

Sales agency: Bandai Namcom Games

Pg 118 to 120

VF-11B Super Thunderbolt "Macross Plus"

Buildup of the Hasegawa 1/72 kit by Hiroshi Okabe.

Review: in short, the layer of airbrushed black along the panel lines that were painted on BEFORE any other colours gives this thing a well-roasted, left out in the rain too long look. If you're into that, it's great looking. I'm not.

Pg 121

Macross the Forefront

Bandai 1/72 Fully Transformable VF-1 Valkyrie

Review: picts of the mock-up and Kawamori-san working hard evaluating and refining the kit. Mostly picts of the Battroid form, with only one of the fighter form. The main highlight is the option parts: gun pod (grip out), AAM-1 3-missile rack, UUM-7 missile pod & an RMS-1. Cost and release date are undecided.

Pg 122

Macross the Forefront con't

A follow-up report on the successive generations of Macross flight action RPG! The super dance of the newly designed 3DCG Valkyries!

Macross 30 ~the singing voice that connects the galaxy~

"Macross 30 ~ the singing voice that connects the galaxy~" is the completely new game for the PS3 under development to commemorate the 30th anniversary of Macross. This month, let's introduce the game's new, original setting. How are the characters published here and the successive generations of Macross characters related? Let's await the follow-up report!

Caption: VF-171EX (review: awesome looking camo version)

Caption: "Ita-specification"* marked Valkyries have successively appeared. The specials that are included in the initial release also include the product code to unlock the YF-29.

* Decorated specification. Literally painful specification.

Captions YF-29 Battroid form / VF-1S Battroid form / VF-25F Battroid and Fighter forms

Caption: the initial limited edition "30th anniversary Super Galactic Box". Check the official sight for the numerous specials that are included in the box.

Playstation 3 flight action RPG

Price: regular version ¥8,380 (including tax)

limited edition "30th Anniversary Super Galactic Box" ¥11,800 (including tax)

2013.02.28 planned release

Sales agency: Bandai Namcom Games

Official site: http://b.bngi-channel.jp/macross30

* the number is limited. Please acknowledge this in advance.

* Pictured is an image. It is different from the actual product.

* Some stores won't be handling the product. Please enquire for details at the store.

Macross Super Dimensional Exhibition now open in Osaka's "Hirakata Park"!

30th Anniversary Macross Super Dimensional Exhibition: lured by the Valkyrie!

The noteworthy event that commemorates the 30th anniversary is being held in "Hirakata Park" from 12.22 (Sat.) to 2013.01.14 (Mon., Holiday). Checking the homepage is required for all sorts of news, such as advanced sale special offers and stage events.

Caption: Live sized Ranka, Sheryl and Minmei are also exhibited, to say nothing of the 1/1 scale VF-25 that was the subject of the Tokyo and Nagoya venues.

"30th Anniversary Macross Super Dimensional Exhibition in Osaka ~ lured by the Valkyrie! ~"

Official site: http://www.chojikuutenrankai.com/

The Chronicle that completely covers the Macross series is once more!

Weekly "Macross Chronicle New and Revised Edition"

A complete data file that consolidates all of the "Macross" series in new dressing starts being published from 2013.01.15. More than the previously published "Macross Chronicle (50 issues)", it is planned to be an 80 issue long series that encompasses from the Macross F movie versions to the latest "Macross FB7 Listen to my song!".

Caption: A "pins collection" is being prepared for all readers. To obtain all 5 kinds of pins, the reader must collect all the issues in the series. Furthermore, you will receive a gorgeous original frame like the one pictured.

Price: first issue special price ¥290 (including tax), usual price from the second issue ¥690 (including tax)

Release date: 2013.01.15 (Tues.). On Sale every week on Tuesday (not including some areas).

Size: A4 modified size (34 pages)

Kosu-Kuro!'s second release is Mylene!

Macross 30th anniversary SQ Figure =Mylene Jiinasu~ Kosu-Kuro!

(untranslated text)

Height: 20 cm prize

planned release from 2013.01

Banpresto

Let's obtain the advance sale goods from the Super Dimensional Exhibition!

(untranslated text)

Caption: Fleece blanket

Caption: Plush Valkyrie (commuter) pass case

Plush Valkyrie (commuter) pass case

price: ¥1,365 (tax included)

Fleece blanket

price: ¥3,150 (tax included)

Advance sales at the Super Dimensional Exhibition venue grounds from 12.22.

On sale at: http://p-bandai.jp/fashion-net

A new appearance of Ranka from director Kawamori! The complete supervisor's edition of Ranka Lee on sale!

Ranka Lee (Wish of Valkyiria) Glowing Red (from "Theatrical Macross F ~the wings of goodbye~")

(untranslated text)

price: ¥4,725 (tax included)

Planned release in 2013.04

Sales Agency: Bandai Collectors Division

Edited by sketchley

On the way out the door at the Macross: Super Dimensional Exhibition, I picked up the following groovy flyer with awesome sauce:

Front:

1) Macross Chronicle. Note the VF-1's "001" has been changed from the original's "011". There's also something new called "episode sheet" which appears to be screen caps and text.

2) M+ and M:FB7 ad w/ a list of all the extra content

3) Macross 30: nice thing about it, is that it clarifies that the people who buy the special version will get a DOWNLOADABLE skin for the YF-29 (and not the YF-29 itself, as another print source implied).

4) Kadokawa Macross manga.

post-3910-0-22642400-1357180561_thumb.jpg

Reverse:

1) Macross trading straps (yes, that's Ishtar. Interesting that the only M7 one is the flower girl...)

2) macross 30th anniversary first attack! (SD figures on sale 2013.03) and SQ Costume Crossover crane king (prizes available: 2013.01 (Mylene), 2013.03 (SD Sheryl, Mylene & Ranka)

3) Joysound Macross themed karaoke rooms (at the Ikebukuro store)

4) Sheryl Nome x the Kiss: jewellery. Not that often that one sees anime-themed jewellery. Sure highlights the mass-appeal of Sherly Nome/Macross F.

post-3910-0-23138900-1357180570_thumb.jpg