Macross General SCOOPUDA thread

azrael

"Macross 30th Anniversary! Memorial Stage 'Because I Want to Tell You. Happy Anniversary!!'" is held in Tokyo Game Show 2012.

The 30th anniversary talk show with the guest VAs.

The guests are Megumi Nakajima, Katsuyuki Konishi (Ozma Lee) and Haruka Chisuga (the Singer Wing winner of Ms. Macross 30 contest).

11:00 am~11:45 am at Makuhari Messe.

Source: http://tgs2012.chann.../schedule/0922/

This show will be live aired by the Bandai Namco Games Tokyo Game Show 2012 Special Web Site.

http://tgs2012.channel.or.jp/live_tv/

It will be a two-part. The part 2 will not be aired "by convenience."

Hmm, because of the copyright or something like that, I guess. It is, in Japan, so complicated and its problems attributed to the Internet have not been solved in some parts yet. Nakajima-san and Chisuga -san may sing in the second part of the show. When it comes to the music distribution from the Internet, the copyright becomes more complicated. Hmm.

Anyway, this one is not from the Bandai Channel, so you may be able to watch it. I hope the web site would not restrict the access from overseas according to the foreign IP addresses.

Now, another programs are on air, so try to watch them if you want to in advance. The result would be a judgment material if you can watch the Macross program or not on the day.

11 am, Sep 22 in Tokyo is 10 pm, Sep 21 in New York, 7pm, Sep 21 in Los Angels, 4 am, Sep 22 in Paris.

Edited by antibiotictab

Just to clarify, it's a single that will contain the FB song from the new trailer, the movie theme song with Sheryl/Ranka/FB, and 2 instrumental tracks.

Just clarify even further, the new Fire Bomber song is entitled "Virgin Story," and the Sheryl, Ranka, and Fire Bomber song has the rather unwieldy title, "Nyan Nyan FIRE!~Totsugeki Planet Explosion."

This show will be live aired by the Bandai Namco Games Tokyo Game Show 2012 Special Web Site.

http://tgs2012.channel.or.jp/live_tv/

It will be a two-part. The part 2 will not be aired "by convenience."

Hmm, because of the copyright or something like that, I guess. It is, in Japan, so complicated and its problems attributed to the Internet have not been solved in some parts yet. Nakajima-san and Chisuga -san may sing in the second part of the show. When it comes to the music distribution from the Internet, the copyright becomes more complicated. Hmm.

Anyway, this one is not from the Bandai Channel, so you may be able to watch it. I hope the web site would not restrict the access from overseas according to the foreign IP addresses.

Now, another programs are on air, so try to watch them if you want to in advance. The result would be a judgment material if you can watch the Macross program or not on the day.

11 am, Sep 22 in Tokyo is 10 pm, Sep 21 in New York, 7pm, Sep 21 in Los Angels, 4 am, Sep 22 in Paris.

I just tuned in -- Heh, you can't unsee Tochiro's head in the front row. :p

Just clarify even further, the new Fire Bomber song is entitled "Virgin Story,"

Aha! Called it!! B))

I just tuned in -- Heh, you can't unsee Tochiro's head in the front row. :p

Oh, I found him. Thanks. And he was almost at the center position. lol How long did he wait to see the show? :lol:

Can't go there. :huh: I stayed up too late last night. I went to Suidobashi and shot the movie of SD Amusement Park related things and the others.

So lotsa news reported!

New game project coming in 2013. Macross 30. Name is tentative. No details on game type or platform. Apparently Minmay is in it and the other characters 'meet' her somehow. All dialogue has already been recorded.

FB7- new trailer confirmed basic plot. Ozuma uncovers recordings of Basara. The cast watch them together. Looks like the F cast then reform Lovely Bomber. Sheryl and Ranka cover of Totsugeki Love Heart.

When the live stream ended we got a mini live- 2 songs from Megumi (houkago overflow & niji iro kumakuma) and one new song from the miss Macross 30 contest singer wing winner.

Stand in line? It's TGS. I just abused industry privilege lol.

UPDATE: ANN has the games tentative logo graphic:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-09-21/namco-bandai-games-to-release-macross-30-in-2013

Edited by Tochiro

Just clarify even further, the new Fire Bomber song is entitled "Virgin Story," and the Sheryl, Ranka, and Fire Bomber song has the rather unwieldy title, "Nyan Nyan FIRE!~Totsugeki Planet Explosion."

Flying Dog uploaded this one.

2egbqbo.jpg

Namco Bandai Games announced on Saturday that it will release the tentatively titled Macross 30 game next year.

Haruka Chisuga, a winner of this year's Miss Macross 30 contest, will sing the theme song of this latest game.

Namco Bandai Games showed a promotional video that featured footage from Macross: Do You Remember Love?, Macross Plus, Macross 7, Macross Zero, and Macross Frontier. http://news.dengeki....7432/#eid537411

No further details were revealed

008.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

source: http://www.4gamer.ne...59/20120922012/

via: http://www.animenews...ross-30-in-2013

Edited by Gian

Someone snuck those shots from outside the pavilion! Lol! Nice!

Although the reporting is a little misleading. Actually, they showed all still shots of NEW artwork. Nothing reused at all. Even had new art from Plus and Zero. Was not roo dissimilar to the style used for the pachinko games footage And there was a reference that characters would 'meet' a certain legendary idol. Sounds like a super robot wares or another century's episode sort of setup perhaps? Or will they work out a way to make this 'cannon'?...

And there was a reference that characters would 'meet' a certain legendary idol. .........Or will they work out a way to make this 'cannon'?...

Well, Hikaru saw his "future" self in the Macross the First storyline........so when you start introducing time travel/distortions into the story.....I guess anything goes! :p

Edited by jvmacross

Someone snuck those shots from outside the pavilion! Lol! Nice!

Although the reporting is a little misleading. Actually, they showed all still shots of NEW artwork. Nothing reused at all. Even had new art from Plus and Zero. Was not roo dissimilar to the style used for the pachinko games footage And there was a reference that characters would 'meet' a certain legendary idol. Sounds like a super robot wares or another century's episode sort of setup perhaps? Or will they work out a way to make this 'cannon'?...

Damn, I can't believe I missed this part of the broadcast! Argh.

Regarding Super Robot Wars or Another Century's Episode style games, though.... I'd rather not have gameplay like that. Strategy games don't interest me much and the ACE-R game for the PS3 is pretty bad as far as controls are concerned.

If Artdink is involved, I'll be there on launch day, but if not... Hmm.

I would be pretty satisfied with a PS3 HD version of Macross Triangle Frontier. If they are restructuring those PSP games into one cross-timeline story, then that is cool, too. I hope it's not a Wii U game, but I really doubt it would be anyway. PS3 is most likely, right?

Regarding Super Robot Wars or Another Century's Episode style games, though.... I'd rather not have gameplay like that. Strategy games don't interest me much and the ACE-R game for the PS3 is pretty bad as far as controls are concerned.

If Artdink is involved, I'll be there on launch day, but if not... Hmm.

I would be pretty satisfied with a PS3 HD version of Macross Triangle Frontier. If they are restructuring those PSP games into one cross-timeline story, then that is cool, too. I hope it's not a Wii U game, but I really doubt it would be anyway. PS3 is most likely, right?

No gameplay has been shown so I meant STW in terms of storyline. Ie, some mysterious event happens that allows a crossover to occur but doesn't effect the actual series storylines, etc.

As for the likely console, I'd say vita and WiiU r probably out of the question due to low Install base. PS3 or smartphone r most likely possibilities IMO.

The program is re-broadcasting now.

This guy in a blue shirt is standing just on the right side of Tochiro. lol

Edited by antibiotictab

Finally... FINALLY managed to find a copy of "Macross 7th Chord". (Apparently it was released on August 10. If only the ads in Newtype Ace for it had been so nice as to share that with us...).

The ad slip it came wrapped in was all about Fire Bomber (BOMBA!) - the movie (Macross FB7, released October 20), the Blu-Ray Box sets and info:

- TV "Macross Super Dimensional Seminar" on-air, Tokyo MX.BS11

- "Macross the Musiculture" starting from October 3, at the TDC Hall.

- Macross 7 Fire Bomber Live, 11.23 Tokyo, 11.24 Osaka.

Not exactly new info, but it's the thought that counts.

Anyhow... re: the last chapter of "Macross 7th Chord":

That 15-barrelled VB-6's back opens up and turns into (for lack of a better word) a pipe organ! At least that's my impression. Anyhow, wicked cool that they end it with the VF-9 tickling the VB-6's ivories.

And, of course, Basara ends up jamming with them. Bomba!

Dengeki Hobby #11 November 2012

[content in quotes are complete translations]

Dengeki Hobby Books:

The setting material collection of Macross 7 appears as a Dengeki Data Collection!

Dengeki Data Collection Macross 7

Planned Release: 10/25

B6 Size / Expected Price: ¥997

We've decided to introduce the Setting Material Collection for "Macross 7", who's Blu-Ray Box is being released October, as a palm-sized Dengeki Data Collection. Naturally, the mechanical setting, starting with the VF-19 Kai "Fire Valkyrie", will be published in abundance as well as the character setting images, such as each member of Fire Bomber.

Caption: This is the battroid form of Basara's craft. In addition, we are planning to compile such things as new setting images from "Macross FB7", which is being released in October.

Info: http://item.rakuten....miami/bok-7994/

Macross the Forefront:

DX Chougoukin VF-25G Messiah Valkyrie (Michel Blanc craft) Renewal Ver.

Picts include closeups of head, open two-seater cockpit, and the optional grappling hooks (two are included, one open, one closed)

Sheryl Nome (Black Bunny) Figure Arts Zero. SRP: ¥4,725. On sale: start of October

DX Chougoukin VF-171EX Nightmare Plus Armoured Parts. SRP: ¥5,040. On sale: planned for December. Online preorders (if I'm reading correctly) close at 16:00 on Friday, October 9.

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-11B Super Thunderbolt "Macross Plus". SRP: ¥3,570. On sale: planned for November.

Includes bonus parts for converting it into the VF-11C Super Thunderbolt (albeit with 4 missile ports on each dorsal pact; at least that's what's pictured.)

Yamato 1/60 completely transformable VF-1 supporting Super and Strike Valkyrie Option Parts. SRP: ¥5,040. On sale: planned for October.

Yamato 1/60 completely transformable VE-1 Elintseeker with option parts. SRP: ¥17,640. On sale: planned for October.

Yamato 1/60 completely transformable VF-4 Lightning III. SRP: ¥26,985. On sale: planned for December.

Craneking: Theatrical Macross F Wings of Goodbye - DXF Figure Nurse Ver. (Ranka and Sheryl): Banpresto Prizes for October. More info: http://www.prizebp.jp/macross

Macross FB7: synopsis/intro and staff listing. Apparently if you buy the tickets in advance, you get rubber straps. From 9.8 is #1. From 9.22 is #2 (flower girl Ranka). From 10.6 is #3 (Basara garbed Sheryl).

Macross the Musiculture: synopsis and tickets/playdates. Info: http://www.macross-musicalture.com/

Super Dimensional Amusement Park Macross Stamp Rally in Tokyo Dome City Attractions: description and dates.

Macross F posters are in ice cream!

This autumn, "Macross F Ice Cream" is introduced in nationwide Familymarts. Enclosed with the pineapple and custard ice cream is a plastic card of the poster designs that were used for such things as the movies and events. I want to collect all 10 of the key visuals!

Price: ¥130 (including tax) 1 plastic card per pack

*There are some stores that won't be carrying it.

Sales Agency: Bandai Candy Division

Studio Musix Macross Night: Animax, October 7, 21:00 to 22:00. Info: http://www.animax.co...ex.html#castGst

Continuing from last year, Stylish Macross now open!

Macross Shinjuku Marui One ~Oshare Macross 30~

From 9/28 (Friday) to 10/15 (Monday) in the Shinjuku Marui One, a specially installed store on the 1st floor and the "Oshare Macross 30" on the 4th floor will be open. In addition to the expansion of the Brand Collaboration in the theme of "style starts at one's feet", several synchronous plans are scheduled.

Oshare Macross @ Shinjuku Marui Men FB7

From 10/17 (Wednesday) to 10/28 (Sunday) in the Shinjuku Marui Men, a specially installed store, "Oshare Macross FB7" will be open on the ? F. Naturally, it features the release of the theatrical "Macross FB7" on 10/20, and the sale of a great variety of goods is planned.