Macross General SCOOPUDA thread

azrael

Great Mechanic.DX #15 is out, with a sizable Macross content:

Macross Pinpoint Mechanics feature is: Macross Warships (SDF-1, SDF-2, Megaroad Class, Battle Class, Macross Quarter Class) and the branching of Megaroad/New Macross Class/Island Cluster Class and SDF-2/Battle Class/Macross Quarter Class.

A new feature article: Tenjin's Drool. An interview focused on his Destroid paintings.

Last is a whopping 4 pages of drool inducing colour picts of the 1/72 Wave Tomahawk.

Great Mechanic.DX #15 is out, with a sizable Macross content:

Macross Pinpoint Mechanics feature is: Macross Warships (SDF-1, SDF-2, Megaroad Class, Battle Class, Macross Quarter Class) and the branching of Megaroad/New Macross Class/Island Cluster Class and SDF-2/Battle Class/Macross Quarter Class.

A new feature article: Tenjin's Drool. An interview focused on his Destroid paintings.

Last is a whopping 4 pages of drool inducing colour picts of the 1/72 Wave Tomahawk.

Some pictures?

マクロスF MUSIC CLIP集「娘クリ」

SHARE OUT

[bDMV][101215]娘クリ.part1.rar

bd4baa3ca6fc6b8c89ddfef7ba76d48077a6662d

7580cf34854aa1444881b46262e9700ce326dedf

2cb5951f8f8aa2e75300d33c1dfd27c09baf234f

4G+4G+3.65G

BT out@nyaatorrents

1.3G

2.4G

『マクロスF(フロンティア) MUSIC CLIP集 娘クリ』 <ブルーレイ・ディスク版>

音声:エーエーシー5.1ch (日本語)

数々の名曲を生み続けている「マクロスF」初のMUSIC CLIP集。あの曲から、この曲まで…、新作映像を存分に駆使したスペシャル映像、他にも趣向を凝らした内容で、ふたりの歌姫を存分に満喫できる!! 曲間には、新作映像のランカ&シェリルのインタビュー映像やランカのCMを収録!新規3Dモデリングキャラクターに、中島愛&May’nの振り付けモーション・キャプチャーを採用した楽曲も収録!

1. オープニング|シェリル インタビュー1

2. ユニバーサル・バニー

3. シェリル インタビュー2

4. 射手座☆午後九時Don’t be late

5. ランカ インタビュー1

6. アナタノオト

7. 恋はドッグファイト

8. ランカ インタビュー2

9. ニンジーン Loves you yeah ! (CM)

10. だるまゼミナール (CM)

11. ランカ インタビュー3

12. 星間飛行

13. ランカ インタビュー4

14. 劇中映画「BIRD HUMAN」予告編 (アイモ~鳥のひと)/ ランカ&シェリルのインタビュー/ ランカのCM

15. ランカ~シェリル インタビュー

16. What ’bout my star? @Formo

17. スターライト納豆 (Ver.A) (CM)

18. スターライト納豆 (Ver.B) (CM)

19. 開拓重機

20. シェリル インタビュー3

21. ダイアモンド クレバス

22. シェリル インタビュー4

23. ノーザンクロス

24. ランカ&シェリル インタビュー

25. ライオン

26. エンディング

Edited by kresphy

January 2011 Newtype polls.

Sheryl at #2 (up from #4 last month), Ranka returns at #6 (after a long hiatus), and MacrossF at #4 for series popularity.

Thats pretty remarkable considering Frontier is 3 years old now. I guess the films were more popular than expected?

Thats pretty remarkable considering Frontier is 3 years old now. I guess the films were more popular than expected?

The films are only part of it. With the PSP games, as well as the VF25 getting heavy promotion in the most recent installments of both Super Robot Wars and Another Century's Episode R, concerts (budokan), events (Girasama Matsuri in Yokohama), a constant drip of new blurays (Budokan live, Nyan Cli, etc), figures prominent in UFO catchers at arcades across the country, regular new merchandise at animate and a soundtrack that keeps selling well with each new installment, Satellite has done a great job at keeping Macross in the public eye pretty constantly for the last 2-3 years. I've said it before and Ill say it again, NOW is the best time to be a Macross fan since the 80s. Theres a huge following and a terrific fan community here.

I mean, when an anime get plastered all over the Yamanote Line trains and concert tickets get auctioned off for $400-$500 each, its pretty safe to say we are in the middle of a Macross boom of sorts. Its far more than just the movies.

In breaking Macross F news - there will be a fanclub-only event held at the Nippon Seinen-kan on March 19. No details yet as to what the event is or who the special guests will be. Will post details as they are announced.

The timing is somewhat odd - the 2nd movie will have been out for a couple of weeks by then. I wonder if the event has something to do with announcing a sequel?

In breaking Macross F news - there will be a fanclub-only event held at the Nippon Seinen-kan on March 19. No details yet as to what the event is or who the special guests will be. Will post details as they are announced.

The timing is somewhat odd - the 2nd movie will have been out for a couple of weeks by then. I wonder if the event has something to do with announcing a sequel?

I hope so. I was expecting to see the resolution of Frontier vs Galaxy storyline in the 2nd movie alluded by the end of the tv series but looking at the trailers that might not be happening, due to the fact that's not enough time to do that properly. I could very well be wrong but it seems that way to me.

A second series would be a great way to tell that story.

Edit: Taking it over to 2nd F Movie Thread...

Edited by Strumvogel

A second series would be a great way to tell that story.

Hell Yeah! I would be all about a second series taking place after landing on the Vajra home world.

Otherwise you're right, from the trailers, and judging by the events of the first film basically covering the first 7 or so episodes (outside of the end which was like episode 20) there is no way they can combine the rest of the story into one movie. At least not very efficiently. Though the title of the second film kind of gives off a "The End" type of vibe.

More event news!

Chie Kajiura (Mylene) will be holding ANOTHER gig in Tokyo on May 21 (Sat). This will be a Kajiura gig and will most likely be a mix of her Macross and solo stuff.

As usual, fan club members will have first dibs on tics. they will then be made available for sale via her website and any final left over tics (if any) will go one sale at the door.

Here is a little Xmas pic that Chie sent out :-)

post-9325-129428525466_thumb.jpg

Some bits and pieces.

Firstly, theres going to be a Macross Frontier virtual 'concert' held on Playstation Home. Details are scant although Aya Endo and Megumi Nakajima are confirmed to be involved. Similar events have been held for Hatsune Miku in the past but Im not entirely sure how it will work. Looks like Ill have to dust off my old Home account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGH2SZJPRZc

Secondly, was poking around my local Animate recently (which moved to a new building and is now utterly HUGE) when I came across some new additions to the Macross F corner:

post-9325-129577079821_thumb.jpg

post-9325-129577091164_thumb.jpg

post-9325-129577175764_thumb.jpg

Pendants?!?!

post-9325-129577176225_thumb.jpg

Phone straps based on the Ranka TV commercials

post-9325-12957709192_thumb.jpg

And lots and LOTS of official costumes!

post-9325-129577093123_thumb.jpg

post-9325-129577095379_thumb.jpg

post-9325-129577133869_thumb.jpg

post-9325-129577134909_thumb.jpg

post-9325-129577138736_thumb.jpg

post-9325-129577139926_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tochiro

Details for the upcoming Macross F Fan Club event have finally been announced!

Macross F Fan Club Event: Wings of Farewell Appreciation and Completion Celebration at Nihon-Seinenkan

Date: March 19 (Sat).

Time: Two sessions will be held, one from 13:00 and the other from 17:00. Both will go for approx, 2 hrs and have the same basic content although guests will vary.

Session 1 Guests

Yuichi Nakamura (Alto)

Katsuyuki Konishi (Ozma Lee)

Aya Endo (Sheryl)

Megumi Nakajima (Ranka)

Session 2 Guests

Katsuyuki Konishi (Ozma Lee)

Aya Endo (Sheryl)

Megumi Nakajima (Ranka)

Kikuko Inoue (Grace Oconner)

Megumi Toyoguchi (Klan)

All that is known about the event itself is that there will be some sort of talkshow.

There will be some discussion of Wings of Farewell so the Fan Club recommends seeing the movie first if you want to attend the event.

Ticket pricing will be split between Regular (3900yen) and Thank You Ticket (5500yen) which includes a special as-of-yet-unannounced souvineer/goods.

Tickets will be chosen by lottery. Applications open at 18:00 this Wed (26). Applications are only open to Fan Club members and are limited to one tic per event per person.

Im getting a sort of mini-Girasama Festival sort of vibe so-far. Anyone who is a fan Cub member log onto the Mac F homepage for further details.

Edited by Tochiro

Pia Memorial Card Service has released some photo cards of Megumi Nakajima. These are available in a couple of different sizes and can be found here:

http://memoca.pia.co.jp/memoca/servlet/web.NATR_REQF_00?pkey=1081

Damn, these remind me of the Shizuka Kudo and Noriko Sakai telephone cards I used to carry around in my wallet back in high school - only bigger!